Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Games: Legacy of Kain  (Read 3415 times)

Alatoru

• View Profile
Legacy of Kain
« on: April 06, 2015, 08:01:48 am »
Is anyone here fan of game series Legacy of Kain? My favorite is Blood Omen 1. =)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:45:56 am by RandallS »
The true terror is when your fears become reality.

SerpentineSorcerer

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://abracadabra-macabre.tumblr.com/
Re: Legacy of Kain
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:26:41 am »
Quote from: Alatoru;173793
Is anyone here fan of game series Legacy of Kain? My favorite is Blood Omen 1. =)

That is a yes, yes, yes, and yes.

I liked Blood Omen, but Soul Reaver was my favorite. The rest of the games in the series.....yeah. After Soul Reaver I felt they just started trying too hard in certain directions. Blood Omen 2, the combat system was alright, and it could be interesting but it felt like too much of a Chakan rip-off (funny story that....). Soul Reaver 2....the story was alright, but the combat was eh, although I liked the level design in that game. Defiance.....oh lord. Some good ideas that just got fumbled and the ending to that game was just weak to say the least.

The war for Nosgoth game looks like a fun diversion, but I'd like an actual honest-to-the-gods resolution to the story at large. I know that will likely never happen, but I can dream right?
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal"

"Life is not separate from death. It only looks that way."

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 01:44:08 pm »
Quote from: SerpentineSorcerer;173794
I liked Blood Omen, but Soul Reaver was my favorite. The rest of the games in the series.....yeah. After Soul Reaver I felt they just started trying too hard in certain directions. Blood Omen 2, the combat system was alright, and it could be interesting but it felt like too much of a Chakan rip-off (funny story that....). Soul Reaver 2....the story was alright, but the combat was eh, although I liked the level design in that game. Defiance.....oh lord. Some good ideas that just got fumbled and the ending to that game was just weak to say the least.

Ditto to most of this.  Soul Reaver was the first game I played in the series, and it absolutely wowed me.  The music was awesome.  I've got the mp3s somewhere.  Lossy, but better than nothing.  
I actually liked Raziel's sacrifice at the end of Defiance, but there's too much that's unresolved.  Would love to see LoK return to the next-gen consoles, but I'm not holding out hope.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Alatoru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 02:57:31 pm »
Quote from: SerpentineSorcerer;173794
That is a yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Hehehehe. I love Blood Omen for the story, voice acting and hardcore secrets. Also graphics are lovely. Soul reaver is awesome. 3D game, with hardcore story , just mind-blow. Soul reaver 2 is okay, story is greaaaat, I love the moment when Kain and Raziel talk near pillars. And the moment when I managed to look in 3D pillars , I felt in love. Blood omen 2 is nah. Didn't play yet Defience.
Quote from: MadZealot;173800
Ditto to most of this.

Hehehehehe. Interesting fact is that I started playing this a year ago, and I played BO 1 first, even though I am 22, I still LOVE IT. I don't care if the game is 2D, I just love it.
The true terror is when your fears become reality.

Tags: