collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Hallo, I'm Lily  (Read 1864 times)

Lily

• View Profile
Hallo, I'm Lily
« on: March 29, 2015, 08:48:07 pm »
Jack suggested that I would enjoy reading the discussions here and told me that the resources linked would be interesting. I'm not really certain of a "path" or practice to talk about though I have icons that I feel a particular affinity to and rituals that I do in private.

I have an interest in folklore and mythology, particularly tropes that repeat themselves. I try to keep my focus to Germanic and Jewish cultures since those are ones that I have ancestry with. I'll probably be fairly quiet, but I figured I should say hello anyway.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hallo, I'm Lily
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 10:30:30 pm »
Quote from: Lily;173542
Jack suggested that I would enjoy reading the discussions here and told me that the resources linked would be interesting. I'm not really certain of a "path" or practice to talk about though I have icons that I feel a particular affinity to and rituals that I do in private.

I have an interest in folklore and mythology, particularly tropes that repeat themselves. I try to keep my focus to Germanic and Jewish cultures since those are ones that I have ancestry with. I'll probably be fairly quiet, but I figured I should say hello anyway.

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 10:54:32 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Lily!

Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 09:58:12 pm »
Quote from: Voren;173549
Hello and welcome

Thank you :)

Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 09:59:20 pm »
Quote from: Caffeinated Autumn;173550
Welcome to the forum, Lily!

Thank you very much!

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:31:10 am »

Hello and welcome.

(I have been looking into jewish paganism just recently. The Haaretz site has an article on pagan deities in ancient jewish synagogues.)

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 04:37:24 am »
Quote from: Nerys53;173612
Hello and welcome.

(I have been looking into jewish paganism just recently. The Haaretz site has an article on pagan deities in ancient jewish synagogues.)

Late last night I found this but I have not read it completely yet. A long text on modern jewish paganism. http://forward.com/articles/1743/jewish-paganism-oxymoron-or-innovation/

Tom

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://serpentinetom.wordpress.com
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 06:38:20 am »

Hi! Fancy seeing you here. :D Welcome!

Gaudior

• Journeyman
  • Moladh BrĂ­d
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Clann Bhride, Zen Buddhism
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 07:18:52 am »

Hi, welcome to the cauldeon! :)
I talk to plants.

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 11:15:37 am »

Welcome!
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:49 pm »
Quote from: Nerys53;173613
Late last night I found this but I have not read it completely yet. A long text on modern jewish paganism. http://forward.com/articles/1743/jewish-paganism-oxymoron-or-innovation/

Thank you for the welcome and the source! :)

Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 10:40:05 pm »
Quote from: Tom;173615
Hi! Fancy seeing you here. :D Welcome!

OH HEY You're the Tom I know

Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 10:40:36 pm »
Quote from: Gaudior;173618
Hi, welcome to the cauldeon! :)

Thank you. :)

Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 10:41:49 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;173624
Welcome!

Thank you!

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 10:35:47 pm »

Hello and welcome to the Cauldron! :)

Tags: