Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Lucid and psychic dreams - why is this happening?  (Read 1716 times)

Hollyrose

• View Profile
Lucid and psychic dreams - why is this happening?
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:12:48 am »
I don't know who else to talk to about this... My grandmother passed away 14 months ago. It took the police a few days to find her, and nobody knew she had died. The night before I got the phone call I had a very clear and vivid dream of her face, smiling, with a golden background. I can still remember the details and the feeling of happiness she was radiating... After that, I got drawn back into Paganism, which I used to practice for a long time but sort of drifted away from. It really feels important to me again. For a few months now I've been having lucid dreams (which I didn't know existed), at first I had them every once in a while but now it's every single night. I can't control them but I'm very aware of the fact that I'm dreaming and can soothe myself if I'm having a nightmare. Sometimes the dreams get a bit "psychic", eg. I had a lucid dream where I gave birth to a boy and named him Theodore, and even in my dream I thought "this is so weird, I have never liked that name, I don't know anybody called Theodore, why am I dreaming this?" Two days later my husband bumped into one of my old friends who told him him and his wife were expecting a baby boy and they decided to name him Theodore. I can't help but finding all of this a bit disturbing and I have no one to talk to :( I'm not scared but I don't know anyone who is Pagan so basically everyone would think I'm weird, except my husband who thinks it's really cool, so I'm slowly introducing him (we have Catholic backgrounds) to the wonders of Paganism, but at a very slow pace... Does this happen to anyone else? Could my (very spiritual) grandma have anything to do with this?

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lucid and psychic dreams - why is this happening?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:47:45 am »
Quote from: Hollyrose;173343
...Does this happen to anyone else?

I am a lucid dreamer, and also have nightmare syndrome...which makes the lucid dreaming a very welcome thing as it keeps me from panicking when in a nightmare.  I'm also able to take control of my dreams now to a certain extent, depending on what is going on in them.

I think we have some other lucid dreamers here as well to varying degrees.

Could my (very spiritual) grandma have anything to do with this?

I honestly don't have an answer for this question other than anything is possible, but I tend to look for the simplest explanation for phenomena first.  What benefit are you getting from lucid dreaming, and what might have triggered your mind to be able to do so?  For example, the benefit I get is that I can now pull myself out of my nightmares, which gives me more restful sleep since I am not waking in a panic every few hours every night.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

PixelPenguin

• View Profile
Re: Lucid and psychic dreams - why is this happening?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 10:57:34 pm »
Quote from: Hollyrose;173343
Does this happen to anyone else? Could my (very spiritual) grandma have anything to do with this?

It happens to me. My grandmother was also very spiritual and encouraged any gifts I had, but she also knew I was her father in a past life (or so she said, though she hasn't been wrong about anything before).
In saying that, your grandmother probably opened your abilities. Mine kind of closed mine to help me during a difficult time, but now that things have gotten better, she's allowed them to open up a little, which is why I started up again.

Ask her to see you in your dreams and speak with you about this. Perhaps she can offer more guidance in answering questions you may have or even work with you on this.
Blessed be.

Tags: