Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: How does this Egyptian God and these two Egyptian Goddess's feel about one another?  (Read 2354 times)

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Hi! :) So I would like to first say that I am very new, but I believe these deities have been with me my whole life (even when I didn't know they existed). I want these three deities to be my pantheon but I'm unsure on how they feel about each other. I would love anyone's advice or references or previous knowledge. The three deities are Bast/Bastet, Hathor/Hethert, and Khonsu/Khensu. I know various bits and pieces about each God/Goddess but I would appreciate anyone sharing their personal experience anybody has with these deities or any resources/references a person could give/link me.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: SigmundFreud'sMom;173145
Hi! :) So I would like to first say that I am very new, but I believe these deities have been with me my whole life (even when I didn't know they existed). I want these three deities to be my pantheon but I'm unsure on how they feel about each other. I would love anyone's advice or references or previous knowledge. The three deities are Bast/Bastet, Hathor/Hethert, and Khonsu/Khensu. I know various bits and pieces about each God/Goddess but I would appreciate anyone sharing their personal experience anybody has with these deities or any resources/references a person could give/link me.

Is there a reason you are concerned with how the deities feel about each other?  Are you looking to do something specific that you think might not work well if they do not "get along"?

If you could provide some more information on this, and also on what type of personal experience and resources you're looking for, we can probably assist better.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Quote from: veggiewolf;173195
Is there a reason you are concerned with how the deities feel about each other?  Are you looking to do something specific that you think might not work well if they do not "get along"?

If you could provide some more information on this, and also on what type of personal experience and resources you're looking for, we can probably assist better.

First, thank you for responding! Second, clearly I'm new at this so I apologize that I didn't clarify myself enough. So here's my dilemma, I have had strong and great experiences with all three deities, however due to limited space in my apartment I will only have room enough for one alter. I wanted to split it in three and have each space dedicated to each deity, but I was unsure on how they would feel about this or if they would be okay with sharing a space. As to personal experience I was just intrigued on hearing other people's experiences with working with these three deities or if there is anything I should be aware of because I'm new. I would just like more references in general about these deities, I can find multiple articles on Bast but the others are obscure. I want to learn all I can about them if that makes sense. Thank you again for your response :)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: SigmundFreud'sMom;173213
First, thank you for responding!

You're welcome!

Second, clearly I'm new at this so I apologize that I didn't clarify myself enough. So here's my dilemma, I have had strong and great experiences with all three deities, however due to limited space in my apartment I will only have room enough for one alter. I wanted to split it in three and have each space dedicated to each deity, but I was unsure on how they would feel about this or if they would be okay with sharing a space.

In my experience, the netjeru (deities of Ancient Egypt) do not mind sharing altar or shrine space with one another.  I currently have representations of four of them in my shrine cabinet, and will be adding at least one more.  

I keep the deities of other pantheons separate from the netjeru, however; this is mostly because I have the space to do so.

As to personal experience I was just intrigued on hearing other people's experiences with working with these three deities or if there is anything I should be aware of because I'm new. I would just like more references in general about these deities, I can find multiple articles on Bast but the others are obscure. I want to learn all I can about them if that makes sense. Thank you again for your response :)

One of the books I really like to recommend is Geraldine Pinch's Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses, and Traditions of Ancient Egypt.  It is a decent overview, and contains information about all three deities.

In addition, there are people here on TC who work with or worship all three and are great resources once you've narrowed down what you want to know.  

Hope that helps!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
Quote from: veggiewolf;173239
In my experience, the netjeru (deities of Ancient Egypt) do not mind sharing altar or shrine space with one another.  I currently have representations of four of them in my shrine cabinet, and will be adding at least one more.

The only netjeru I've heard of having particular territoriality issues regarding shrine space (and sharing, particularly) are Aset and Set, neither of whom are relevant here. ;)
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Quote from: veggiewolf;173239
You're welcome!

I keep the deities of other pantheons separate from the netjeru, however; this is mostly because I have the space to do so.

One of the books I really like to recommend is Geraldine Pinch's Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses, and Traditions of Ancient Egypt.  It is a decent overview, and contains information about all three deities.

In addition, there are people here on TC who work with or worship all three and are great resources once you've narrowed down what you want to know.  

Hope that helps!

Thanks you! It all helps very much. It's hard to admit to my ignorance but I had a revelation today and the last few nights of dreams has helped me! Djehuty was the one sending me these dreams and messages. At first I was sure it wasn't him, but when I did more research on him and pronounced his name out loud I had shivers and  I instantly had clarity. Would you happen to have any experience with him?

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Darkhawk;173240
The only netjeru I've heard of having particular territoriality issues regarding shrine space (and sharing, particularly) are Aset and Set, neither of whom are relevant here. ;)

Thank you for your response, but I had somewhat of a realization and it hit my like a bus today. Djehuty is the one trying to contact me, not Khonsu. Do you have any experience working with Djehuty/Thoth? I have no idea how to go about it.

Niankhbast

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Quote from: SigmundFreud'sMom;173145

Well Bast's epithets in the LAGG say she's 'Hethert in every nome' and I believe she has an epithet of 'The Northern Hethert'. They both share associations and I don't know why they wouldn't get along.

As for Khonsu, Khonsu-Heru (him syncretized with Heru) is one of the Arrows of Bast, and in Kom Ombo Khonsu was worshipped as the son of Hathor and Sobek.

So all in all they're pretty connected in lore, but if in doubt, do some divination or just experiment and see if they're okay with it?

But you did say you found out it's Djehuty and not Khonsu...Bast and Djehuty shared an altar space in my house for a while and I had no problems. I've never had any real problem altar-sharing with the Netjeru, though of course that doesn't mean it never happens.
With Djehuty, he and Shu calm the wandering goddess, which is sometimes Hathor (and sometimes Tefnut or others I believe) and though I don't know a lot about Hathor some googling shows she was apparently seen through time as Djehuty's sister, wife, or both.

Red Vulture

• View Profile
Quote from: SigmundFreud'sMom;173313
Thank you for your response, but I had somewhat of a realization and it hit my like a bus today. Djehuty is the one trying to contact me, not Khonsu. Do you have any experience working with Djehuty/Thoth? I have no idea how to go about it.

Intaier is dedicated to Djehuty. Check out Intaier's blog here: http://intaier.tumblr.com/

Tags: