+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Adept Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Mar 2017 @ 06:32 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    tree-hugging neopagan

Healthy Challenge--Spring 2015

It's been a while since we've done this, and with the punishing winter in the East of North America keeping many of us indoors and inactive, as spring finally arrives I thought now might be a good time to see who wants to commit to a healthy challenge for Spring 2015.

The idea is:
    1. to announce a health and/or fitness goal in this thread, so that we can all hold each other's feet to the fire and offer tips and encouragement

HINT: Pick a goal that's specific, measurable, and attainable
    2. beginning with the impending equinox, strive for achieve your goal by the solstice on June 21
    3. update us here in this thread periodically on your progress
    I think we pagans sometimes don't spend enough time keeping ourselves in better shape; we'd rather curl up with a good esoteric tome than do dumbbell curls. So let's buck the trend--and no, everyone doesn't have to turn into gym rats (though if that's your calling, as it is for me, then cool); just pick a goal that's appropriate for you and your lifestyle and what you want to achieve health wise.

Who's with me?

Adept Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Mar 2017 @ 06:32 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    tree-hugging neopagan

Re: Healthy Challenge--Spring 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    announce a health and/or fitness goal in this thread, so that we can all hold each other's feet to the fire and offer tips and encouragement
    I'll lead off, since the brutal weather has wreaked havoc on my usual aerobics regimen, leading to some winter weight gain:

By June 21, I will be back down to a 32-inch waist.

And at age 52, that's pushing the boundaries of "achievable" that this thread demands. But dammit, I'm going for it!

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Queen of Wands is on a distinguished road Queen of Wands's Avatar
    Last Online
    26 Apr 2016 @ 08:55 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    taoist witch

The idea is:

*to announce a health and/or fitness goal in this thread, so that we can all hold each other's feet to the fire and offer tips and encouragement

[*]beginning with the impending equinox, strive for achieve your goal by the solstice on June 21
    I want to get my former (1 year ago) strength back and improve on, esp. upper body strength. I'm talking MUSCLES. I want to feel that solidness in my calves again.

The Solstice sounds good to me. Hopefully by then, I'll also be moved out, so that will help.

Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Aster Breo is a glorious beacon of light Aster Breo is a glorious beacon of light Aster Breo is a glorious beacon of light Aster Breo is a glorious beacon of light Aster Breo is a glorious beacon of light Aster Breo is a glorious beacon of light Aster Breo's Avatar
    Last Online
    21 Mar 2017 @ 07:38 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Clann Bhride
    Pronouns
    she/her

Who's with me?
    I'm leery of setting myself up to fail, but maybe what I need is a little bit of encouragement and accountability.

I'm planning to work on my arm strength. I need to get a pair of weights, but, once I do that, there's really no excuse for not using them while watching TV.

Unless one of the cats needs my lap, of course! I do have responsibilities, you know.
    "The status is not quo." ~ Dr. Horrible

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    rocquelaire will become famous soon enough rocquelaire will become famous soon enough rocquelaire's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Clann Bhride

Who's with me?
    Im in!

I have more than one goal - hope that's ok!

- cement my new workout routine of getting up early on week days to work out and add walks as the weather and kids allow.

- keep my eating habits under control. Let go of the junk food that makes me feel so rubbish but I eat anyway.

- lose 1 stone.
    Ashael Rising My debut novel, a tale of a tribal medicine woman, protecting her world from soul-sucking invaders. Crowdfunding now.

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Amphibian will become famous soon enough Amphibian will become famous soon enough Amphibian's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Druid in training

Who's with me?
    At least once a week, go somewhere other than work, on either my bicycle or rollerblades. I have a tendency towards being a social-hermit as well as a bit of a computer-potato, so.

Fortunately the weather here has been a bit kinder than back East *fingers crossed*

Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Mumu Champion Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic; Feri; UU; Discordian; CoX; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; An American Werewolf In The Akhet; Etc
    Pronouns
    any of he, she, they

Quote Originally Posted by Aster Breo View Post
    I'm planning to work on my arm strength. I need to get a pair of weights, but, once I do that, there's really no excuse for not using them while watching TV.
    You can start with canned goods! I'm not even joking.

(I am such a spaghetti arms that I couldn't do reasonable reps with a three pound weight when I started, so I'd sit and pump soup while reading usenet. And got muscle definition out of it.)
    as the water grinds the stone
    we rise and fall
    as our ashes turn to dust
    we shine like stars - Covenant, "Bullet"

Peaceful Awakenings: Kemetic research blog
    Suns in Her Branches: Integrative religion site and blog
    Beewine Press Pagan Calendars

Master Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Jabberwocky is a glorious beacon of light Jabberwocky is a glorious beacon of light Jabberwocky is a glorious beacon of light Jabberwocky is a glorious beacon of light Jabberwocky is a glorious beacon of light Jabberwocky's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:30 AM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    English Dissenter

just pick a goal that's appropriate for you and your lifestyle and what you want to achieve health wise.
    While I'm going to keep my rule of "allowed to smoke proper rollups rather then e-cigs at RPG/LARPs in the pub (which is five times a month), I am going to stop allowing that to mean "deliberately buy enough tobacco so that stretches over a 3-4 day period" and move back to e-cigs the rest of the time.
    Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    missgraceless is on a distinguished road missgraceless's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic mix of beliefs with Buddhist leanings
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

It's been a while since we've done this, and with the punishing winter in the East of North America keeping many of us indoors and inactive, as spring finally arrives I thought now might be a good time to see who wants to commit to a healthy challenge for Spring 2015.

The idea is:
    1. to announce a health and/or fitness goal in this thread, so that we can all hold each other's feet to the fire and offer tips and encouragement

2. beginning with the impending equinox, strive for achieve your goal by the solstice on June 21
    I think we pagans sometimes don't spend enough time keeping ourselves in better shape; we'd rather curl up with a good esoteric tome than do dumbbell curls. So let's buck the trend--and no, everyone doesn't have to turn into gym rats (though if that's your calling, as it is for me, then cool); just pick a goal that's appropriate for you and your lifestyle and what you want to achieve health wise.

Who's with me?
    - Stop eating so much junk food (mainly sugary goodness) and start eating healthy. I used to eat so much better but moving into my own apartment has completely destroyed that aspect. We're now all too broke to enjoy any kind of fresh food.

- Lose my "3 months pregnant" tummy. I'm not nor have ever been pregnant, so this really digs into my self-esteem when friends and family ask if I'm "expecting."

- Actually get fit so I don't huff and puff climbing one flight of stairs. I live on the second floor. It shouldn't be as difficult as it is.

And my boyfriend is working on losing weight/getting in shape, too, so we're actually kinda helping each other. Kinda being the key word.
    "Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." ~ Morticia Addams

Journeyman
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Lana288 will become famous soon enough Lana288's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Mar 2017 @ 03:49 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

The idea is:

Who's with me?
    I'm game! I'd like to create a habit of doing a fifteen minute workout every day- or at least six days a week. I refuse to do anything Sunday- that's the day I allow myself to forget the world.

Not quite sure how I'll measure the goal out at the solstice. Maybe I'll create a work-out calendar- that could be fun.
    Last edited by Lana288; 10 Mar 2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Cutting words

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast