collapse

Author Topic: Call of the Crystal Ball (sortof)  (Read 1032 times)

BlueRat

• View Profile
Call of the Crystal Ball (sortof)
« on: March 05, 2015, 07:32:41 am »
There's this store I walk by on the way to school everyday that has a pair of 'crystal' balls sitting in the window for sale. One of them seems to be trying to get my attention, it feels like I'm being looked at. (might have to get closer next time to see which one is doing that) I've been looking into scrying lately so perhaps that's why I now took notice of them.

Anyone here have crystal balls, actual crystal ones or glass ones? How do you go about using them for scrying and meditation? Taking care of them? I've heard to never charge them with sunlight, sometimes because it muddles the visions and other times because it might burn your house down. (lol) I mostly want to know if anyone has had luck with completely clear ones as the ones in the window are.

Thank you!

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: Call of the Crystal Ball (sortof)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 03:44:20 pm »
Quote from: BlueRat;172436
There's this store I walk by on the way to school everyday that has a pair of 'crystal' balls sitting in the window for sale. One of them seems to be trying to get my attention, it feels like I'm being looked at. (might have to get closer next time to see which one is doing that) I've been looking into scrying lately so perhaps that's why I now took notice of them.

Anyone here have crystal balls, actual crystal ones or glass ones? How do you go about using them for scrying and meditation? Taking care of them? I've heard to never charge them with sunlight, sometimes because it muddles the visions and other times because it might burn your house down. (lol) I mostly want to know if anyone has had luck with completely clear ones as the ones in the window are.

Thank you!

I was very into scrying using balls for a while, and so I have four: one very small one that is crystal, a larger one that is clear amethyst-colored glass, and then two glass net floats, complete with bubbles.  This post is reminding me that I haven't used any of them for awhile.

I met with some success with all four, but my favorites were the net floats - I got the most accurate information from them, while the clear ones gave me more of a "show you what you want to see" vibe.  Might be just me.  Anyway, when I was actively scrying I kept them covered with cloths to keep the dust off and used running water to clean and charge them.

There's a really good beginner scrying book called, oddly enough, Scrying for Beginners.  I found it to be very helpful when I was learning.

Happy gazing!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Aett of Cups

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bookofspirals.com
Re: Call of the Crystal Ball (sortof)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 01:10:44 am »
Quote from: BlueRat;172436

Thank you!

Well, it’s always possible the orb is calling to you because it wants to be a focus point for energy rather than a scrying device; either way, it would be best to practice with it first - assuming that’s possible.

If it is calling to you for scrying, and if you can’t use the crystal you’re considering before purchasing it, then try scrying in a similar crystal first.  I find that people often need to pay particular attention to how clear the crystal is.  For instance, some people want a very clear crystal, some like to have a cloudier one so they can scry using the inclusions; the color or type of stone may also be a concern.  And some people will prefer a wavering stimulus (like smoke or flame or sunlight) to use in addition to the crystal ball.  One way to tell, if you don’t have the same type of crystal as the ball, is to scry in water.  Do you need the water to stay calm, to keep moving, to have a stimulus (like liquid pigment)?  This may be an indicator of how clear or milky and of how stationary or moving you want your scrying media to be.
Aett of Cups

Book of Spirals is my author site.
The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Tags: