Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: DivEx- Raine  (Read 1037 times)

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
DivEx- Raine
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:26:41 pm »
So, I was a bit hesitant to post this, but I'll go ahead and give it a go.

I have been working with X deity for some time now, but I was calling X deity Djehuty. Well, it turns out, based on the requests made by Him, His identity is not so certain. So, I made an offering to a Gaelic deity who I *think* might be who X deity is, BUT they have two different feels/vibes that are similar but not in the same sense. I hope I am making sense. The overall vibe of the deity feels Gaelic or some form of Celtic, but I'm unsure.

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me tackle this problem with a little divination to see who X deity is, and what He wants from me, if anything at all.

Much appreciated to anybody who reads!
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
Re: DivEx- Raine
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:25:00 am »
Quote from: Raine;171989
So, I was a bit hesitant to post this, but I'll go ahead and give it a go.

I have been working with X deity for some time now, but I was calling X deity Djehuty. Well, it turns out, based on the requests made by Him, His identity is not so certain. So, I made an offering to a Gaelic deity who I *think* might be who X deity is, BUT they have two different feels/vibes that are similar but not in the same sense. I hope I am making sense. The overall vibe of the deity feels Gaelic or some form of Celtic, but I'm unsure.

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me tackle this problem with a little divination to see who X deity is, and what He wants from me, if anything at all.

Much appreciated to anybody who reads!

I can do you a reading. I feel like tarot + ogham might help here. I'll give it a go later! Are you OK for me to put the results in the thread?
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:37:57 am »
Quote from: Naomi J;172007
I can do you a reading. I feel like tarot + ogham might help here. I'll give it a go later! Are you OK for me to put the results in the thread?

Absolutely okay with it. Thank you for giving it a go!

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 01:35:23 pm »
Quote from: Raine;172020
Absolutely okay with it. Thank you for giving it a go!

This was a fascinating reading to do. I ended up doing more intuitive divination around the reading than I expected to. I'm no expert at that, at all, but it did feel like there's a deity showing interest in you, possibly a god rather than a goddess.

- Here's the overall spread. I pulled some Ogham for an overview, then I pulled three cards (based on three points - who the deity might be - what they want from you - anything else they want you to know). Then I pulled a few clarifying cards on who the deity might be.

To start with the Ogham: from the top down, we've got Muin, Ailm and Gort, with hUath to the right.
- Muin is often about communication, about finding your voice. Also about affection for another. There are other meanings, but these seemed to relate to the rest of the reading. On some level, you could say it's just about a deity talking to you - but on another, there was a recurring sense in this reading of you being 'wooed' by a deity. I think this is important.
- Ailm can either be about vision or initiation, in my system of reading. In this case I got a sense of initiation, of spiritual beginnings and new paths that you can choose to take - or not, as the case may be.
- Gort is the field, the resting-place. It's about home, as a place of prosperity and plenty (Gort also has cattle associations). There's a sense of homecoming, or of a god of the hearth fires, which may work with the card reading below.
- hUath is the only one that I read as slightly more negative (it's the one on the far right). If you look at the layout in the picture, it fell across from the others, forming a barrier. Which is appropriate, as it can often be about boundaries. That could be about you needing to be careful not to break any taboos (maybe in relation to other gods you work with?), or it could mean that you have more work to do on crossing into an Otherworldly space before you can encounter this deity more clearly. hUath is also about fear - some fears are illusory, but some are real, when it comes to the Gaelic gods (whom some consider as overlapping with the people of the sidhe, the Good Folk). Take care where you step, is how I read this one.

OK, so the tarot reading. I'm using my trusty DruidCraft tarot deck here.

- Here's the card where I asked about the deity, plus the two clarifying cards above it. I pulled the Two of Cups first, which I read as really positive. It's a card about union, love, two merging into one. It's often interpreted as being about romantic love, but again it could be about that pursuit or wooing of someone by a god (or vice versa) - and also curiosity, as well as desire. I read it as being about good intentions on both sides. In the Druid Craft deck, the man and woman are at Brú na Bóinne, the neolithic tomb that features in some of the myths of the Dagda and Aengus. If this isn't a Gaelic deity, it may be another one with father-and-son associations.
- Clarifying cards here: Seven of Pentacles and Three of Wands. With the Seven of Pentacles, the image in the DruidCraft is different from in traditional tarot decks, showing a druid cutting mistletoe at the Winter Solstice. This may be my own bias, but I also relate the Winter Solstice aspect to those same myths about the Dagda and Aengus. (In the story, Aengus wants to take Brú na Bóinne from his father the Dagda, so asks for it for 'a day and a night', a phrase he later uses to claim it for all time. This story is often associated with the Winter Solstice, which Brú na Bóinne is aligned with.) This could be about gods of sovereignty and land. Three of Wands I'm less clear on, but there's definitely the sense of a journeyer, someone who is starting out on a journey (represented by the young trees and the path). It's a 'keep going' card. If I had to guess, I might say that relationships with gods are tricky things and this one, and others, may not be clear to you for a while, but keeping going is worthwhile in the long run.

- The second and third main cards I pulled: Eight of Swords and Ace of Cups.
- I wouldn't be surprised if the Eight of Swords represented you. I pulled this in relation to the 'what do they want from you?' question. In the DruidCraft, the woman in the Eight of Swords is tied up and surrounded by swords (as with traditional decks), but in this one she seems to be holding the end of the rope. She's close to freeing herself - but she may not know that. As soon as she frees herself she'll be able to see that there's a clear path into the forest just ahead of her. I read this as a 'fear is illusory' message - which it has in common with hUath, which I pulled in the Ogham part above. You have the keys to your own lock.
- The Ace of Cups is a gorgeous card. It's about an outpouring - of spiritual awakening, of love, of other emotion... Since we're seeing it together with the Two of Cups, the love associations are amplified, for me. The Salmon of Wisdom in the DruidCraft card is a possible indicator of a wisdom deity. But given that the question was about you and what else the deity might want to tell you, I  think it's more about the outpouring of emotion - curiosity, interest - either on your side, theirs, or both.

This is a reading of love conquering fear, and of being wooed. There are clues as to the deity, which we can discuss in PM - although I may well be reading those with some personal bias. But whichever it is, this reading suggests they have generally good intentions towards you and they're fine with you taking your time to learn more about them. On the other hand... the emotions behind this reading are very intense, and that comes with a bit of a warning bell for me. Lovers can be tricksters, too. Be careful not to be wooed down a romantic path by a deity who may be more devoted to devotion than to the devotee (i.e. to you).

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have questions, and I'll send the PM I promised.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:47:23 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;172157
This was a fascinating reading to do. I ended up doing more intuitive divination around the reading than I expected to. I'm no expert at that, at all, but it did feel like there's a deity showing interest in you, possibly a god rather than a goddess.

- Here's the overall spread. I pulled some Ogham for an overview, then I pulled three cards (based on three points - who the deity might be - what they want from you - anything else they want you to know). Then I pulled a few clarifying cards on who the deity might be.

To start with the Ogham: from the top down, we've got Muin, Ailm and Gort, with hUath to the right.
- Muin is often about communication, about finding your voice. Also about affection for another. There are other meanings, but these seemed to relate to the rest of the reading. On some level, you could say it's just about a deity talking to you - but on another, there was a recurring sense in this reading of you being 'wooed' by a deity. I think this is important.
- Ailm can either be about vision or initiation, in my system of reading. In this case I got a sense of initiation, of spiritual beginnings and new paths that you can choose to take - or not, as the case may be.
- Gort is the field, the resting-place. It's about home, as a place of prosperity and plenty (Gort also has cattle associations). There's a sense of homecoming, or of a god of the hearth fires, which may work with the card reading below.
- hUath is the only one that I read as slightly more negative (it's the one on the far right). If you look at the layout in the picture, it fell across from the others, forming a barrier. Which is appropriate, as it can often be about boundaries. That could be about you needing to be careful not to break any taboos (maybe in relation to other gods you work with?), or it could mean that you have more work to do on crossing into an Otherworldly space before you can encounter this deity more clearly. hUath is also about fear - some fears are illusory, but some are real, when it comes to the Gaelic gods (whom some consider as overlapping with the people of the sidhe, the Good Folk). Take care where you step, is how I read this one.

OK, so the tarot reading. I'm using my trusty DruidCraft tarot deck here.

- Here's the card where I asked about the deity, plus the two clarifying cards above it. I pulled the Two of Cups first, which I read as really positive. It's a card about union, love, two merging into one. It's often interpreted as being about romantic love, but again it could be about that pursuit or wooing of someone by a god (or vice versa) - and also curiosity, as well as desire. I read it as being about good intentions on both sides. In the Druid Craft deck, the man and woman are at Brú na Bóinne, the neolithic tomb that features in some of the myths of the Dagda and Aengus. If this isn't a Gaelic deity, it may be another one with father-and-son associations.
- Clarifying cards here: Seven of Pentacles and Three of Wands. With the Seven of Pentacles, the image in the DruidCraft is different from in traditional tarot decks, showing a druid cutting mistletoe at the Winter Solstice. This may be my own bias, but I also relate the Winter Solstice aspect to those same myths about the Dagda and Aengus. (In the story, Aengus wants to take Brú na Bóinne from his father the Dagda, so asks for it for 'a day and a night', a phrase he later uses to claim it for all time. This story is often associated with the Winter Solstice, which Brú na Bóinne is aligned with.) This could be about gods of sovereignty and land. Three of Wands I'm less clear on, but there's definitely the sense of a journeyer, someone who is starting out on a journey (represented by the young trees and the path). It's a 'keep going' card. If I had to guess, I might say that relationships with gods are tricky things and this one, and others, may not be clear to you for a while, but keeping going is worthwhile in the long run.

- The second and third main cards I pulled: Eight of Swords and Ace of Cups.
- I wouldn't be surprised if the Eight of Swords represented you. I pulled this in relation to the 'what do they want from you?' question. In the DruidCraft, the woman in the Eight of Swords is tied up and surrounded by swords (as with traditional decks), but in this one she seems to be holding the end of the rope. She's close to freeing herself - but she may not know that. As soon as she frees herself she'll be able to see that there's a clear path into the forest just ahead of her. I read this as a 'fear is illusory' message - which it has in common with hUath, which I pulled in the Ogham part above. You have the keys to your own lock.
- The Ace of Cups is a gorgeous card. It's about an outpouring - of spiritual awakening, of love, of other emotion... Since we're seeing it together with the Two of Cups, the love associations are amplified, for me. The Salmon of Wisdom in the DruidCraft card is a possible indicator of a wisdom deity. But given that the question was about you and what else the deity might want to tell you, I  think it's more about the outpouring of emotion - curiosity, interest - either on your side, theirs, or both.

This is a reading of love conquering fear, and of being wooed. There are clues as to the deity, which we can discuss in PM - although I may well be reading those with some personal bias. But whichever it is, this reading suggests they have generally good intentions towards you and they're fine with you taking your time to learn more about them. On the other hand... the emotions behind this reading are very intense, and that comes with a bit of a warning bell for me. Lovers can be tricksters, too. Be careful not to be wooed down a romantic path by a deity who may be more devoted to devotion than to the devotee (i.e. to you).

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have questions, and I'll send the PM I promised.

I'm honestly kind of in just a bit of awe of the reading. The intensity is amazing to me.
You definitely gave me a lot to mull over in my head, and I thank you for that. I greatly appreciate the reading you gave me.  

A lot of this hit home and really 'struck' me hard, so like I said, I have to really think and reread over what you read, to assimilate it into my brainz.

Again, thank you!

Tags: