Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: DivEX - Sunshine  (Read 1189 times)

Sunshine

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
DivEX - Sunshine
« on: February 21, 2015, 08:09:19 pm »
Hi all,

I'm in a strange state of flux in my life right now, particularly with regards to my spiritual life (and my romantic life, to a degree), and it's left me anxious and full of pent-up energy I'm not channeling into anything useful.

I would dearly appreciate any spiritual insights people could find for me, as I'm afraid I may be too close to the topic to do an objective reading on myself. If your divination is the type that benefits from specific questions, I guess my major ones would be Do I need a religious community?, Is the path I have been pursuing the right one for me?, or Where do I go from here?

Additional background info if it's helpful - 26, single, Scorpio to the bone, many years in nonspecific Pagan paths, sensitive to energies but particularly deity-deaf.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take this on!

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: DivEX - Sunshine
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 06:52:05 am »
Quote from: Sunshine;171316

Taking these cards because it's more a spiritual internal question.

Cards are indicating you might want to refrain from bursting into action right now.
Things are developing in the background, but are taking time.

Also, you might need a break? Taking care of yourself. Having a bit health problems since Yule?

What you should do right now, is looking deeper, tracking the things you do and want and above all the 'Why'. Sometimes we need to see ourselves clear first, before change can come.

In fact changing things is the outcome of the reading, but the way I see it, it takes time and can't be done, unless you've done some 'homework' aka know yourself.

I am a bit rusty with readings, so take it FWIW. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:52:34 am by Tana »
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Sunshine

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 03:07:23 pm »
Quote from: Tana;171587
I am a bit rusty with readings, so take it FWIW.

Thank you so much, Tana. I'm very appreciative, and what you said certainly did resonate. (And the deck is lovely!)

Also, you might need a break? Taking care of yourself. Having a bit health problems since Yule?

That hits a lot of it on the nose actually; the spiritual stuff is going hand-in-hand with some physical and emotional events but I haven't been looking at them holistically.

What you should do right now, is looking deeper, tracking the things you do and want and above all the 'Why'. Sometimes we need to see ourselves clear first, before change can come.

In fact changing things is the outcome of the reading, but the way I see it, it takes time and can't be done, unless you've done some 'homework' aka know yourself.

Waiting - the hardest advice and probably the best. :) It's good to know that change is in the cards, even if it's a journey and doing the soul-searching to get there.

Many thanks, again, and warmest wishes!

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 09:03:27 pm »
Quote from: Sunshine;171316
Hi all,

I'm in a strange state of flux in my life right now, particularly with regards to my spiritual life (and my romantic life, to a degree), and it's left me anxious and full of pent-up energy I'm not channeling into anything useful.

I would dearly appreciate any spiritual insights people could find for me, as I'm afraid I may be too close to the topic to do an objective reading on myself. If your divination is the type that benefits from specific questions, I guess my major ones would be Do I need a religious community?, Is the path I have been pursuing the right one for me?, or Where do I go from here?

Additional background info if it's helpful - 26, single, Scorpio to the bone, many years in nonspecific Pagan paths, sensitive to energies but particularly deity-deaf.

May I? This is right up my street.

Reading by Redfaery1987, on Flickr

I did a reading with my Hanson-Roberts deck and a layout I designed myself, but I don't know how much help that'll be to you. She seems to be talking about something that's happened to you in the past or that is going on currently and that you want to end, as I immediately drew the eight of cups - departure from a situation.

I also drew the 5 of wands and Knight of Cups, both reversed. I feel like this is talking about a toxic relationship that either has happened or is happening. The Knight of Cups reversed indicates a deceitful, manipulative person, and the five of wands reversed, in this case, seems to indicate interpersonal tension and stress.

However, the "goal/best outcome" card is "The Star" which to me has always suggested "divine intervention." In this case, I would suggest that your desire to join a religious community would be worthwhile. The "Hanged Man" in the outcome spot is usually read as sacrifice, but I have always felt that a better reading is either that of surrender, or in this case, initiation.

So....does any of that make sense?
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Sunshine

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 02:45:11 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;171631
May I? This is right up my street.

Absolutely! Thank you so much!

She seems to be talking about something that's happened to you in the past or that is going on currently and that you want to end, as I immediately drew the eight of cups - departure from a situation.

Thank you - that is very apt for the life processes that are occurring. There has been a lot of withdrawal and retreat as self-preservation, and now I'm finding myself wanting to be able to come out of what is essentially a protective hibernation.

However, the "goal/best outcome" card is "The Star" which to me has always suggested "divine intervention." In this case, I would suggest that your desire to join a religious community would be worthwhile. The "Hanged Man" in the outcome spot is usually read as sacrifice, but I have always felt that a better reading is either that of surrender, or in this case, initiation.

Oh, I love that reading of the Hanged Man! Surrender - beautiful. Thank you. The part about a religious community has been heavy on my mind, and has been a subject that has been absent in the other readings I've had done on the subject, which have - very rightfully - pointed out a big need for reflection and introspection in my life right now. But it is very comforting to hear that seeking out community would be worthwhile and not a hindrance on this journey.

Thank you again for sharing your insight on this issue! I'm very grateful. :)

Tags: