Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Humor/Quiz: Strange Dreams  (Read 6502 times)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Strange Dreams
« on: February 11, 2015, 05:05:30 pm »
This is the thread for posting your strange (suggested PG-13) dreams, because sometimes you just need to share them.

F'ex, I had a dream where I skipped class to draw in the hallway with people who, in the dream, were experienced with the whole skipping thing. After a while, we went back to class, and I sat down at my desk. Suddenly, Marilyn Manson was there :confused: and he just whispered "Good job."

I have no idea either.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 11:02:46 am by RandallS »
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Dreams
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:54:52 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;170857
This is the thread for posting your strange (suggested PG-13) dreams, because sometimes you just need to share them.

F'ex, I had a dream where I skipped class to draw in the hallway with people who, in the dream, were experienced with the whole skipping thing. After a while, we went back to class, and I sat down at my desk. Suddenly, Marilyn Manson was there :confused: and he just whispered "Good job."

I have no idea either.

lol that was pretty random. I wonder why he was saying "Good job" to you.

Mine are pretty friggin weird. And sometimes don't make any sense. The last dream I remember was that I was doing an exorcism on my former best friend from elementary school (The other people I exorcised were people I've never met before). I say former because we don't keep in touch anymore. Before I had been using the typical "In the name of Jesus Christ..." that kind of thing. But for this one in particular, I all of a sudden started shouting for the God and Goddess to help rid the evil inside her.

This dream is a few months old but it still puzzles me.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 10:08:12 pm »
Quote from: Caffeinated Autumn;170869
lol that was pretty random. I wonder why he was saying "Good job" to you.

I guess because I managed to skip without getting caught...? :confused:

Mine are pretty friggin weird. And sometimes don't make any sense. The last dream I remember was that I was doing an exorcism on my former best friend from elementary school (The other people I exorcised were people I've never met before). I say former because we don't keep in touch anymore. Before I had been using the typical "In the name of Jesus Christ..." that kind of thing. But for this one in particular, I all of a sudden started shouting for the God and Goddess to help rid the evil inside her.

This dream is a few months old but it still puzzles me.

That is strange. Have you looked into possible deeper symbolism, or are you content to just not?
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:38:53 am »

I have no idea either.

Just woke up from a dream where I was sleeping (ahem, pg13) with my emotionly abusive ex.

And then a nun. Who left the Church, married me, and became a Satanist. And we adopted a puppy.

The nun thing has a better chance of happening.

Been the first sex dream I can remember since I was, what, sixteen, seventeen?
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:03:35 am »

I have tons of these. The one I usually bring out is one I had when I was 18, because it was such a perfect stress dream. It was friggin' HILARIOUS.

So I was trying to drive to my school, and my teacher was for some reason in the passenger's seat next to me. Thing was, I was doing a terrible job driving. I was knocking trash cans over, spinning out, fishtailing, the lot. I just couldn't control my car! So then she looks at me and says "if you don't get us out of this alive, it's REALLY going to affect your grade."

Oddly enough, that's something that particular teacher TOTALLY would have said in such a situation.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 07:16:58 pm »

I occasionally dream of reading novels that do not actually exist. It's annoying because I always wake up before I get to the end.

Also annoying are the times I dream about waking up, then wake up for real and realize I have to do everything over again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 10:03:29 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;170910
I occasionally dream of reading novels that do not actually exist. It's annoying because I always wake up before I get to the end.

I'm so happy I'm not the only one that happens to!

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 01:02:03 am »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;170915
I'm so happy I'm not the only one that happens to!

Me, too.

And they always seem like such good novels.
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 06:37:30 pm »
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;170922
Me, too.

And they always seem like such good novels.

I know, right? If I could only remember enough of them after I wake up ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 06:50:37 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;170954

Sometimes I have these really kickass action-adventure movie dreams. I mean like, Captain America, Avengers awesome kickass, with a side of Lord of the Rings fantasy. They are fucking awesome. And then I wake up and I'm pissed because the "movie" isn't done yet!
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 11:27:59 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;170954

I'm actually working on a book based off of a novel dream I had.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:28:21 pm by HarpingHawke »

Pix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 12:32:50 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;170955
Sometimes I have these really kickass action-adventure movie dreams. I mean like, Captain America, Avengers awesome kickass, with a side of Lord of the Rings fantasy. They are fucking awesome. And then I wake up and I'm pissed because the "movie" isn't done yet!

Reminds me of a dream I had on Feb 7. I guess because of the pain I was in the "logical" part of my brain was more awake than usual, though I don't recall too much that happened early on.

I don't recall who I was exactly but I was a foreign wizard seeking an adult Harry Potter's help hoping he could help my country, something that would affect his own and he and his group was the only one I trusted. There was a place in the wizard alley we could speak privately, where all the spies went, and I knew it was dangerous but I was used to that, and warned him not to cast any spells normally cast by aurors there as the place had defenses.

It also appeared as a square of kiosks that looked normal there selling uninteresting knick knacks, but those there were lookouts and even bouncers. The place was an invisible holding place (similar to those tents from the Goblet of Fire) within the surrounding kiosks. To get in one had to find the abandoned kiosk that had a note of being back in a couple of days and the name signed was the command word to use to get within the invisible pub from yet another angle, but silent casting it was preferred to using a wand. The word on the door into the kiosk square created a "don't see me" field as one then walked in (and past spells waiting to be triggered by the presence of other cast spells common to aurors, but not just of the UK).

We used mundane disguises rather than magical (an idea of Hermione) and it was only the 2 of us as the place didn't blink at a strange man and woman coming in (in fact, it was dangerous to do so, but a single individual was curious--in part because others were waiting for someone very anxiously--and also because of the paranoia of the place) but before we could get started the alarm went off as an older auror came in that turned his stealth spell into a buzzing, glowing aura of yellow.

Many apparated away while some staff grabbed hold of items and said "fast skip" which teleported them away. And then the holding space gave way and saw that those running the kiosks were gone save by two who looked to have been hit with a memory loss spell of some kind.

The auror said he was following Harry Potter to make sure he came to no harm and then asked who I was and I said, "Someone who knows that aurors use this place as it was intended and therefore not going to tell you even if I did have reason to trust you."

He threatened me (and made guesses about my accent) but Harry told him to stop and then the older auror explained how long the aurors had been looking for this place. It was a low priority yet the aurors knew the dark wizards (I added a snarky "some dark wizards being aurors, or at least don't mind doing business with them" which got him to glare balefully at me anyway--but once it got out I'd led Harry Potter here I was probably screwed anyway) met somewhere around here but given the wide variety of targets that managed to evade detection suddenly it seemed it "wasn't Fido" (slang apparently for Fidelius Charm) but what else could it be?

Harry asked me to explain and I said that items were created similar to wands (ideally the items created were created with the same material within as the wand used to first activate them, but it wasn't necessary if one was good and careful enough) which "anchored" the spells in place which kept it invisible (and no flu network as more than one Ministry would be able to tap into it), and though apparition wasn't normally possible when the alarms went off one could apporate out (as used at Hogwarts before). Because enemies knew that wands were trouble and drew attention (as any powerful weapon) the items could also be charged with a "held" spell so when they were grabbed and "fast skip" was said it released the spell that instantly teleported them to a similarly charged item.

Harry was like, "How expensive is it to make?"

"Very, and no one likes to lose one."

Harry said we should get Hermione. Then the older auror then started congratulating Harry on finding this place and nabbing me, he'd be a hero all over again and I warned him the auror was both stalling and trying to keep him from finding out the real reason he was here.

And that was when I woke up (an auror spell by the older one? :p ) In retrospect if he was there on corrupt biz then he should've known better than to use a spell...unless he was trying to alert everyone so they could escape before they could inform on him. OTOH if he was really following Harry Potter, then why?  I'll never know! :mad:
"If there is a universal mind, must it be sane?"

--Charles Fort

Pix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 12:36:47 am »
I have no idea either.

I have the oddest dreams, something many tell me.

But as a very short one I recall one where I was walking through a city in which people appeared normal save that their neck was a stalk that ended with an eyeball on the end of a tentacle. I didn't think it was strange and nobody gave me a second look implying that I, too, was viewing this from an eye on a tentacle.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:37:17 am by Pix »
"If there is a universal mind, must it be sane?"

--Charles Fort

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 01:49:30 am »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;170872
I guess because I managed to skip without getting caught...? :confused:

That is strange. Have you looked into possible deeper symbolism, or are you content to just not?

I think there's more to it, I just haven't been able to look up the symbolism at the moment. I forgot to add too that the friend in my dream is atheist.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 02:16:26 am »

Most recently I had a dream where Ogre and I double-dated with Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun at a dinner theatre thing, and when the food came I was starving so I just ate everyone's pizza and then was freaking out because I just ate Hitler's pizza. Also Eva and I really hit it off and became good friends.

Before that, the weird dream I've been relating to people for years is the one where I was Bill Murray and the Virgin Mary asked me to babysit Jesus, who was a girl (the dream felt it really important this be stressed), and I had to run away from bad guys through the Indian jungle and keep the baby safe.

The Bill Murray one makes more sense because I'm pretty sure the dream happened right after watching one of his movies. I have no idea where the "double dating with Mr. and Mrs. Hitler" dream came from. It is by far the weirdest dream I have ever had.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: