Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Humor/Quiz: Strange Dreams  (Read 6501 times)

Pix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Dreams
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 03:29:10 am »
Quote from: Morag;170971
Bill Murray and the Virgin Mary asked me to babysit Jesus, who was a girl (the dream felt it really important this be stressed), and I had to run away from bad guys through the Indian jungle and keep the baby safe.

That reminds me of a hilarious dream I had (at least I laughed after I woke up)...I dreamed I WAS Jesus, though I was also me, and then I realized I had the power to raise the dead so I attempted to use my divine powers to bring back a friend who had died many years ago....unfortunately I goofed and created a zombie apocalypse that I couldn't undo...and they all were actually driven to eat ME rather than people in general (I vaguely recall getting away on a dog sled from a zombie horde despite that this was Texas and shouldn't have been any snow). I think the funniest part to me was thinking on how many churches symbolically eat of Christ and drink his blood in church.
"If there is a universal mind, must it be sane?"

--Charles Fort

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 03:28:18 am »
Quote from: Morag;170971
Most recently I had a dream where Ogre and I double-dated with Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun at a dinner theatre thing, and when the food came I was starving so I just ate everyone's pizza and then was freaking out because I just ate Hitler's pizza. Also Eva and I really hit it off and became good friends.

Before that, the weird dream I've been relating to people for years is the one where I was Bill Murray and the Virgin Mary asked me to babysit Jesus, who was a girl (the dream felt it really important this be stressed), and I had to run away from bad guys through the Indian jungle and keep the baby safe.

The Bill Murray one makes more sense because I'm pretty sure the dream happened right after watching one of his movies. I have no idea where the "double dating with Mr. and Mrs. Hitler" dream came from. It is by far the weirdest dream I have ever had.
These are brilliant. Your subconscious is clearly a hilarious place.

I have all kinds of dreams that rarely mean anything. But I've had just a few that I reckon were important. In one, my grandfather (who I was very close to and died some years ago) was alive again, and said he'd had to hide from the government so had changed his identity and was on the run. It was a dream filled with maps and codes and strange places. It was just when I was starting to do more ancestor work, and I think it was important relating to that.

My recurring anxiety dreams either involve teaching a class of difficult students, or being in a play and forgetting my lines. You'd think I'd learn not to be in plays in dreams anymore...
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Iconographer Bashik

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 07:34:02 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;171071
These are brilliant. Your subconscious is clearly a hilarious place.

I have all kinds of dreams that rarely mean anything. But I've had just a few that I reckon were important. In one, my grandfather (who I was very close to and died some years ago) was alive again, and said he'd had to hide from the government so had changed his identity and was on the run. It was a dream filled with maps and codes and strange places. It was just when I was starting to do more ancestor work, and I think it was important relating to that.

My recurring anxiety dreams either involve teaching a class of difficult students, or being in a play and forgetting my lines. You'd think I'd learn not to be in plays in dreams anymore...
Plays in dreams, sounds like a good way to improv.

Now I can't remember most of the details of my dreams, but here are a few word titles on what they involved.

Overthrowing an dictatorship formed in a mall with a cake. - this sounds like a YouTube poop title to me.

Giant Splatoon battle at school and being in a giant sandbox.

Flying alpheon from the ratchet and clank series, all the while gunning down baddies, smashing them together with a tractor beam. Finding myself climbing higher and higher until I start hearing these beutifull angelic voices in a beautiful crescendo as my hands go numb at the controls.

Now these are just the safe for work dreams I've had, if only I had more like these or more dreams in general.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 02:04:44 am »
Quote from: Iconographer Bashik;187122

Flying alpheon from the ratchet and clank series, all the while gunning down baddies, smashing them together with a tractor beam. Finding myself climbing higher and higher until I start hearing these beutifull angelic voices in a beautiful crescendo as my hands go numb at the controls.

Oh, that is damn cool!

Lately, I've been having horrible nightmares, so it's been super difficult to sleep, mostly because I don't really want to at this point. I haven't recharged my nightmare charm in a while; I should probably do that.

I won't describe any of the nightmares. They're not even remotely PG-13. :(
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 07:29:02 am »
Quote from: Iconographer Bashik;187122

Overthrowing an dictatorship formed in a mall with a cake. - this sounds like a YouTube poop title to me.

Giant Splatoon battle at school and being in a giant sandbox.

Now these are just the safe for work dreams I've had, if only I had more like these or more dreams in general.

That sounds really cool.

I remembered a lot of my dreams when I was pregnant, but most of them were so mundane I confused them with reality. Like, I would have to ask my husband whether we had a conversation or not because I dreamt about it. I also dreamt that I paid bills, only to find out later that they were overdue...

One that was kinda strange is I was going to court with my sister (no idea why.) We were waiting in a room to go inside, and I stepped out of the room. There was a mall, and Tamera Mowry showed up and asked if I wanted to go shopping with her. I was overly excited and completely forgot about court. My sister was really mad because she got into some major legal trouble, and my family refused to talk to me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:29:45 am by MeadowRae »
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 11:01:47 am »
Quote from: ViolaRae;187135

Last night, in between nightmares, I had a dream I cuddled a deer, and it started licking my hands.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Snake-Bitten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 03:03:16 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;170857
This is the thread for posting your strange (suggested PG-13) dreams, because sometimes you just need to share them.

My mother and I were at a party, eating the most fantastical cup cakes I've ever seen. Then the weather turned nasty and a tornado blew down my grandmother's house.

Eevee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 10:15:23 am »
This is the thread for posting your strange (suggested PG-13) dreams, because sometimes you just need to share them.

I had a dream recently where I found a sleeping T-Rex in the lounge room of the house I grew up in, no one was home, but it woke up and tried to break down the door I was pushing against, and I called my mum like "why's there a T-Rex in the house?!" so after that, I ran away and jumped out the window and I ran towards the backyard where I saw my dog (who passed away a year ago) and she was covered in pink flowers and I was like "omg, you're such a mess!" but she was so cute! Anyway, she then turned into a puppy and I was patting her, then my mum appeared and told me I was dreaming, and I woke up literally sobbing.

Also I had a dream ages ago where everyone in the grocery shop had Nicholas Cage's face and I was laughing so loud in my sleep that it woke my bf-at-the-time...

I'm more emotional in my sleep than in real life...
Naboo: This is black magic. This is hardcore. Don\'t mess with the occult.
Vince Noir: I thought it was good for you.
Naboo: What?
Vince Noir: Well, you know, good for your digestive system.
Naboo: That\'s Yakult!

Oskar

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: he, him, his
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2016, 09:58:00 pm »

The ones that stick in my head are the terrifying ones. I have had a few sleep paralysis episodes. They get worse each time, the latest one had me feeling like I was paralysed but instead of lying stationary in bed I felt that I was slid out of the bed and pinned against the wall, then slid up the wall to the ceiling.

The worst "normal" realistic nightmare that stands out was of a girl with a white painted face or mask who was trying her best to strangle me.

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 12:58:05 am »

F'ex, I had a dream where I skipped class to draw in the hallway with people who, in the dream, were experienced with the whole skipping thing. After a while, we went back to class, and I sat down at my desk. Suddenly, Marilyn Manson was there :confused: and he just whispered "Good job."

I have no idea either.
The other night I dreamed I was at one of the local tattoo shops and was asking whether they accepted my health insurance or not. They said no, but the other local shop does, so go check them out.

Apparently Obamacare covers tattoos now.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 11:31:44 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;198776
The other night I dreamed I was at one of the local tattoo shops and was asking whether they accepted my health insurance or not. They said no, but the other local shop does, so go check them out.

Apparently Obamacare covers tattoos now.

Only in your dreams!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2016, 12:42:18 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;198791
Only in your dreams!

Sunflower
Haha apparently. Especially since I want a calf sleeve which could cost well over a grand.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Tags: