collapse

Author Topic: Can I seriously decide not to reincarnate?  (Read 3671 times)

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: goddess worship grey, folk magick, hoodoo inspired.
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Can I seriously decide not to reincarnate?
« on: February 10, 2015, 04:51:02 pm »
I've been feeling lately that I'm just done with reincarnating, especially on planet earth and I just want my god and goddess to take me to heaven. I've lost connections.
PrincessKLS

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can I seriously decide not to reincarnate?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 04:56:18 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;170820
I've been feeling lately that I'm just done with reincarnating, especially on planet earth and I just want my god and goddess to take me to heaven. I've lost connections.

Not everyone believes in reincarnation, its not a prerequisite for being a pagan
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:00:07 pm »

I don't see why not.  What does your particular belief system say about stopping reincarnation?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 10:14:37 am »

Pure Land Buddhism is based on the idea that you can stop reincarnating on earth and instead reincarnate in the Pure Land by reciting a mantra.

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 10:38:05 am »

I'm concerned for you, Princess. Are you doing okay?
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 07:08:28 pm »

I've thought the same. And however much I wanted to end incarnation and remember never, ever, ever to do this to myself again...it didn't happen, even when I really really tried. So then I thought there is no God or Goddess, no purpose, just this naturally-coagulated sort of node or notion of self that is a consequence of cellular activity which is in turn a consequence of happenstance and all that is left is to suffer. As in, enduring all of this pain in life isn't a virtue or a choice, but an inescapability; if there is some higher self with a grand plan for this incarnation, it is appallingly inconsiderate of the experience of the person who actually lives this life and experiences it.

I still think that way, but my feelings are different about it. So, maybe it's not a conscious process.

Since for the most part I think a lot of people (how to word it) live in their consciousness, though...that experience is what it is. The despair you carry now is a part of that. There are other parts that might return to prominence, might invite themselves as the center of your experience themselves. There's more to life (the totality of the concept and practice of life) than what you feel now, a lot more, but what you feel now is what you feel now--what you feel now is life (as in...some other aspect or consideration of it, that ought to be honored no less than the aerie-fairy sort of take on the notion of the human condition.)
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 08:51:38 pm »

There are many reasons why the philosophy of soul transmigration pops up in varying belief systems. Usually there are lessons that must be learned before an ascension is attained. I watch a Charis Melina Brown's Youtube channel on Lightworking. She talks a lot about soul retrieval. I think soul retrieval is finding all of the soul fragments and knitting together your original soul group before it fragmented and scattered. I'm not entirely sure about Lightworker's philosophy, but it is interesting. I found Charis by accident and I really enjoy her videos. She may help you get through your situation.

Lumpino

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 11:30:24 pm »

Ancient mysteries was about, I think. See Theurgia by Iamblichus. By my opinion is necessary achieve a visible manifestation of a deity, for example, through meditation about a name.
Similarly also exercise hindu Bhaktijogis, see Ramakrishna vision of Kali.

Riothamus12

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: The Nameless Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 11:18:19 am »

I personally do not believe in reincarnation. However, with regards to paths that believe in it, I have yet to hear of one where it is perceived to be possible. That does not mean however if one did reincarnate over and over that they couldn't decide to just stop it. I'm not quite sure what the implications would be, but it's worth contemplating.
https://inthespiritofconversation.wordpress.com/
I started a blog. Feel free to peruse. It's still in it's early stages and I have to write more, so do bare with me if it's all a little basic so far.

Ghost235

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 11:27:47 am »

Buddhism.  That is what you are looking for.  If you want to not reincarnate Buddhism is 100% the way to go.  The one thing that every single branch of Buddhism(some would say the only thing) that they all agree on is that if you get to the end of the path you will not reincarnate any more.

There are other paths, the various flavors of Hinduism and Jainism both spring to mind.  

The question is how much are you willing to sacrifice to not reincarnate anymore.  The other thing all of those paths agree on is that there is a price to pay to get off of the wheel(what that price is depends on who you ask).

Good luck.

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 03:08:09 am »

I agree with you.  I'm just done.  I've seen every sunset, flower, and seashell that I need to.  I've enjoyed and suffered through just about every relationship and all have enriched my life.  

But I'm done.

That doesn't mean I'm going to kill myself, but I believe in reincarnation and that bums me at times.  Sometimes I get excited that I have a chance to see life again with a fresh new set of eyes.  Then there's days where I think, oh hells no, not again!  Please just take me to the finish line!

I get it.
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: goddess worship grey, folk magick, hoodoo inspired.
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »
Quote from: Freesia;170997
There are many reasons why the philosophy of soul transmigration pops up in varying belief systems. Usually there are lessons that must be learned before an ascension is attained. I watch a Charis Melina Brown's Youtube channel on Lightworking. She talks a lot about soul retrieval. I think soul retrieval is finding all of the soul fragments and knitting together your original soul group before it fragmented and scattered. I'm not entirely sure about Lightworker's philosophy, but it is interesting. I found Charis by accident and I really enjoy her videos. She may help you get through your situation.

Thanks, I should look into that.
PrincessKLS

Tags: