Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Author Topic: Keeping Focus - Advice  (Read 3466 times)

HarpingHawke

• View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Keeping Focus - Advice
« on: February 03, 2015, 01:27:36 pm »
I know that often it's hard to keep focused on religion and/or practice when you're swamped with schoolwork, homework, college applications, etc. Is there any advice you might want to share, along the lines of how you keep focused among all the school-related chaos?

And anybody who's out of school--this goes for you, too. How did you keep your focus while you were in school?

(I draw a lot of Staggy things during my art period, and I'm working on scheduling time into my day for meditation and that sort of thing).
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Re: Keeping Focus - Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;170421
I know that often it's hard to keep focused on religion and/or practice when you're swamped with schoolwork, homework, college applications, etc. Is there any advice you might want to share, along the lines of how you keep focused among all the school-related chaos?

And anybody who's out of school--this goes for you, too. How did you keep your focus while you were in school?

(I draw a lot of Staggy things during my art period, and I'm working on scheduling time into my day for meditation and that sort of thing).

You know, I found that keeping up with my studies while I was in high school wasn't actually that hard. It was keeping up with my schoolwork that was hardest. I had difficulties with putting my religious studies before my homework, and I've seen it be a common thing with other people I knew of who were studying alternate spiritualities/religions.

Now that I'm in college, the hardest thing to do is keep up with my spirituality. Since my time is spent on the computer nearly all the time for homework and such, I found that using virtual shrines helped me a lot with devotions. Especially lighting a virtual candle. Also, I found that it was easier to use study time as a reward for doing my homework, so I'd want to accomplish both.

I hope that made sense, heh.
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

HarpingHawke

• View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Keeping Focus - Advice
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 01:57:47 pm »
Quote from: Raine;170454

Bringing this back, as the year's winding down and finals are coming up.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Tags: