Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Evicting an unwanted houseguest  (Read 3220 times)

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Evicting an unwanted houseguest
« on: January 31, 2015, 11:26:42 am »
So, in the past week or so, I have begun to have problems sleeping. This is not unusual for me, but this particular pattern of sleep disruptions is. Normally, I can count on being out of bed by 8 or 9 at the latest. In fact, usually I am up at 5 or 6! I prefer to be up that early. No matter how shitty my night's sleep, I can *always* roll out before 10am. But...not now. I'm having problems dragging myself out of bed before 11. That's unheard of for me. I'm simply not sleeping. I've tried mundane remedies. I set up a sleep routine, cut back on caffeine, etc. I have a history of sleep problems, so I'm an old hand at correcting them. No effect. Zero. Zilch.

And then there was last night. I found myself in a "state" with a shadow - a black male figure - standing over me. He grabbed my wrists, held me down, and then tried to climb on top of me. Then, just like that, I "woke up" with the feeling that my two male familiars were nearby. They had apparently been the first to realize what was going on, and their arrival had chased the visitor away.

So, frankly, right now I'm pretty scared. This is not normal. There's something in my house, and I don't know what it is. How the hell do I find out, and how the hell do I get rid of it?
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
Re: Evicting an unwanted houseguest
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 11:53:16 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;170250

And then there was last night. I found myself in a "state" with a shadow - a black male figure - standing over me. He grabbed my wrists, held me down, and then tried to climb on top of me. Then, just like that, I "woke up" with the feeling that my two male familiars were nearby. They had apparently been the first to realize what was going on, and their arrival had chased the visitor away.
?

Um... do you mean black like 'a shadow' or black like 'of African descent'? The latter would be a lad on the identity of the man if he's a ghost.

Regardless, it sounds like it could be an incubus, or maybe a ghost. Some sort of cleansing ritual on your house? Smudge with sage, etc.

Or it could have been some psycho-sexual dream. Do you have any unresolved issues with men? Threatened by the thought of them being dominant or sexual? Uncertainty with your orientation? (I had vaguely similar dreams when I came out as bisexual, fears of some trait lurking in your mind you don't like or acknowledge are scary.)

Whatever it is, DON'T PANIC. It can't hurt you, it's dream/spirit. This isn't a rerun of Poltergeist.
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 12:07:29 pm »
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;170251
Um... do you mean black like 'a shadow' or black like 'of African descent'? The latter would be a lad on the identity of the man if he's a ghost.

Regardless, it sounds like it could be an incubus, or maybe a ghost. Some sort of cleansing ritual on your house? Smudge with sage, etc.

Or it could have been some psycho-sexual dream. Do you have any unresolved issues with men? Threatened by the thought of them being dominant or sexual? Uncertainty with your orientation? (I had vaguely similar dreams when I came out as bisexual, fears of some trait lurking in your mind you don't like or acknowledge are scary.)

Whatever it is, DON'T PANIC. It can't hurt you, it's dream/spirit. This isn't a rerun of Poltergeist.

Black shadow. It was a silhouette.

I doubt it's a psychosexual issue with regards to men. I'm a demisexual, and often identify as a lesbian to save confusion, since I'm a gynophile. I do have some hangups that come from my upbringing and my medical history, but male dominance isn't one of them because I'm simply not *interested* in that kind of a relationship.

That said, I did initially suspect that my familiars or Loki were playing a VERY unwelcome prank. Loki because he's Loki, my familiars because they're just that kind of asshole sometimes.

Sarasvati has been quite emphatic that this is not the case, and that my familiars were in fact there because they were the first to realize what was happening. I'm thinking that this is probably because I interact with them in a very liminal, trancelike state every night. (To be clear, ALL my familiars are characters from my stories. Every night, I tell these stories to myself to help me go to sleep.)

I am indeed suspecting an incubus type spirit here, and I think it's been around for a good long while. I'm burning some strong cedar incense at the moment (cedar is my go-to for purificatory censing) and I'm going to wipe down all the surfaces in my house with salt water, as well as wash my bedclothes with a good dose of it.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;170252
Black shadow. It was a silhouette.

I doubt it's a psychosexual issue with regards to men. I'm a demisexual, and often identify
I am indeed suspecting an incubus type spirit here, and I think it's been around for a good long while. I'm burning some strong cedar incense at the moment (cedar is my go-to for purificatory censing) and I'm going to wipe down all the surfaces in my house with salt water, as well as wash my bedclothes with a good dose of it.

Well, feel free to point him my way. He sounds like the sort of aquired taste I've long since aquired. ;)

Also, I'll have to remember cedar as purification. I like the smell, and its probably cheaper than sage.
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 01:35:13 pm »
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;170255
Well, feel free to point him my way. He sounds like the sort of aquired taste I've long since aquired. ;)

Also, I'll have to remember cedar as purification. I like the smell, and its probably cheaper than sage.
Eeeeeh.....don't get me wrong, I'm *very* open minded, and there's lots of stuff I really want to try. But, um, consent is pretty important to me, and whatever this thing is, I have a really strong suspicion it's been trying to get at me for a while.

Aeternitatis

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 03:50:14 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;170252

Okay, this may be dumb, but I have never thought of washing clothes or bedding with salt for cleansing, but that is brilliant and I am tucking it away in my 'things I should have thought of' and will use it if the occasion arrises. XD I have definitely wiped things down, but never considered using it with fabrics.

But yes, cleansings and protections seem in order. If you feel it has been around for a while it could also be helpful to do something to cut its connections to you and then banish it away.
In my experience with unwanted things hanging around for too long, snipping those ties and increasing protections was sufficient in sending them packing. If it is a reoccurring visitor, there is generally something there you can block or cut.

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 04:16:28 pm »
Quote from: Aeternitatis;170259
But yes, cleansings and protections seem in order. If you feel it has been around for a while it could also be helpful to do something to cut its connections to you and then banish it away.
In my experience with unwanted things hanging around for too long, snipping those ties and increasing protections was sufficient in sending them packing. If it is a reoccurring visitor, there is generally something there you can block or cut.

I'm curious as to what you mean by saying I need to cut its connections with me? I've had experiences with unwanted visitors before, and generally, they had no more connection to me than the mosquitoes that try to suck my blood. The difference is that this particular visitor was less mosquito and more tick.

It looks like a salt scrub will be a no-go for the most part; my walls are very cheap plaster, and the least bit of moisture stains. I'll be burning more cedar, I guess.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 06:07:39 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;170260
It looks like a salt scrub will be a no-go for the most part; my walls are very cheap plaster, and the least bit of moisture stains. I'll be burning more cedar, I guess.

Yopu can "scrub" the area with a lodestone, visualizing it sucking up all the stray energy and suchm, then do some type of area protection ritual and something to "summon" positive energy/feelings to replace what the lodestone removed. Be sure and toss the lodestone into running water a good ways from your living space -- don't keep it.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Aeternitatis

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 06:23:25 pm »
I'm curious as to what you mean by saying I need to cut its connections with me? I've had experiences with unwanted visitors before, and generally, they had no more connection to me than the mosquitoes that try to suck my blood. The difference is that this particular visitor was less mosquito and more tick.

It is more along the lines of you are connected to the tick because it sucked your blood. That creates a parasitic relationship, and you need to break the cycle. Even if you pluck it off, or it detaches, it will keep coming back to a known source of food. That kind of connection. Does that make more sense?

I use connections or relationships as a way to understand a lot of things, so it reflects how I do and understand magic/spiritual things. So cutting the connections, which are super easy to think of as strings, would be a strong way of rejecting it. Once again, this is just how I see things, and how I dealt with the experience in the past, but I hope it makes sense or at least helps. :)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 06:43:42 pm »
Quote from: Aeternitatis;170269

I use connections or relationships as a way to understand a lot of things, so it reflects how I do and understand magic/spiritual things. So cutting the connections, which are super easy to think of as strings, would be a strong way of rejecting it. Once again, this is just how I see things, and how I dealt with the experience in the past, but I hope it makes sense or at least helps. :)

I've done cord-cutting before. Basically if something's been around you for a while, it forms connections, that, as mentioned above, are like string. Toxic people sometimes do that too.

So maybe try to visualize the strings being snipped and you being freed from its bindings? You could even use physical strings to symbolize the separation.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 06:54:19 pm »
Quote from: Aeternitatis;170269
It is more along the lines of you are connected to the tick because it sucked your blood. That creates a parasitic relationship, and you need to break the cycle. Even if you pluck it off, or it detaches, it will keep coming back to a known source of food. That kind of connection. Does that make more sense?

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 07:10:39 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;170270
I've done cord-cutting before. Basically if something's been around you for a while, it forms connections, that, as mentioned above, are like string. Toxic people sometimes do that too.

So maybe try to visualize the strings being snipped and you being freed from its bindings? You could even use physical strings to symbolize the separation.

For some reason, I can't envision any sort of relationship as a cord or string. It just doesn't work in my brain. Usually I see them more akin to webs or nets.

For whatever it's worth, a personal cleansing seems to have done me a world of good. I took a shower and doused myself with a bottle of cold vinegar (it was rice vinegar, so the bottle was about 12oz. Actually turned out to be the perfect size.) I'm really glad I live alone, because steaming hot shower + icy cold vinegar = little girl squeals. I've got a really odd, but not at all unwelcome feeling of having been "disinfected."

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 12:57:35 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;170273

For whatever it's worth, a personal cleansing seems to have done me a world of good. I took a shower and doused myself with a bottle of cold vinegar (it was rice vinegar, so the bottle was about 12oz. Actually turned out to be the perfect size.) I'm really glad I live alone, because steaming hot shower + icy cold vinegar = little girl squeals. I've got a really odd, but not at all unwelcome feeling of having been "disinfected."

Good for you! I hope everything works out properly from here on out. :)
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 04:34:10 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;170273
For some reason, I can't envision any sort of relationship as a cord or string. It just doesn't work in my brain. Usually I see them more akin to webs or nets.

You could always try a hyssop bath. It's a hoodoo trick. Make a boiled 'soup' or tea of hyssop in water. Let it cool down overnight. Get up at dawn (if you can), put two white candles in your bathroom, step between them into the bath or shower, and pour the cold hyssop tea over your head. Let yourself air dry and step back through the candles. Christian hoodoo practitioners follow this up with psalms - I just say some prayers usually.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 06:19:49 pm »

what about oil and pepper? I read somewhere that oil and pepper can make things go away and stay out. Just put like a bowl of oil and pepper by the windows/doors or something. I don't remember where I read it but I read somewhere that could shoo it away.
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: