Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 2193 times)

BlueRat

• View Profile
Greetings!
« on: January 30, 2015, 06:28:05 pm »
Hello! I'm Quinn! Somewhat new to paganism in general here. Unfortunately at this time I don't feel comfortable coming out as pagan, (especially since I just figured out I am a few months ago) and I don't really have anyone I can talk to about it. I hope to make friends here who will share their experiences with me and maybe help me out on finding a direction to go in.

General advice, tips for newbies or friendly hellos are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

habbalah

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:44:49 pm »
Quote from: BlueRat;170215
Hello! I'm Quinn! Somewhat new to paganism in general here. Unfortunately at this time I don't feel comfortable coming out as pagan, (especially since I just figured out I am a few months ago) and I don't really have anyone I can talk to about it. I hope to make friends here who will share their experiences with me and maybe help me out on finding a direction to go in.

Thank you!

Welcome, Quinn! I don't have any advice to give except take time and do research.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »

Thank you!

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 10:02:05 am »

Thank you!

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 01:24:46 am »

Thank you!

Welcome to the Cauldron, Quinn! Don't worry about coming out right now. Just take your time with everything and let me or other members know if you have any questions. :)

BlueRat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 08:54:42 am »
Quote from: Caffeinated Autumn;170496
Welcome to the Cauldron, Quinn! Don't worry about coming out right now. Just take your time with everything and let me or other members know if you have any questions. :)

Thank you! I actually wanted to know if there was a good page or link around here for blessing/cleansing objects? I got a nice little rock of hematite that I'd like to cleanse as well as my mini deck of tarot cards. I'd explore for it myself but the wifi at my apartment is in and out so browsing is difficult right now. Thanks!

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:44:17 pm »
Quote from: BlueRat;170645
Thank you! I actually wanted to know if there was a good page or link around here for blessing/cleansing objects? I got a nice little rock of hematite that I'd like to cleanse as well as my mini deck of tarot cards. I'd explore for it myself but the wifi at my apartment is in and out so browsing is difficult right now. Thanks!
Cleansing/Blessing is actually pretty simple. For objects that can't take a rinse (like the tarot cards, and actually a good number of stones) my favorite method is to waft incense smoke over them while concentrating my thoughts on their intended purpose. Saying a few words to any entity you work with is also helpful.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

BlueRat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 04:13:42 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;170667
Cleansing/Blessing is actually pretty simple. For objects that can't take a rinse (like the tarot cards, and actually a good number of stones) my favorite method is to waft incense smoke over them while concentrating my thoughts on their intended purpose. Saying a few words to any entity you work with is also helpful.

Okay! I live in an apartment at the moment so I can't use incense or candles, are there other methods you could point me to? I've heard of salt being used but how does one use it for cleansing exactly?

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 06:06:02 pm »
Quote from: BlueRat;170736
Okay! I live in an apartment at the moment so I can't use incense or candles, are there other methods you could point me to? I've heard of salt being used but how does one use it for cleansing exactly?

I, personally, use a littke bowl of it and set the object inside of the salt, while sprinkling it ontop. Or, for things that can get wet, I put a littke salt in water and wash the object with the water. To me, water is purifying, so that's why I do what I do.
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Tags: