Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Garden: Seed Starting 2015  (Read 2670 times)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Seed Starting 2015
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:38 am »
As Stephy reminded me in another thread, seed starting time is fast approaching for those who live in climates that require an indoor start.  So, what's everyone planning?  Any tips or tricks to share with those of us that haven't done it before?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge this year and starting tomatoes indoors, but I'm overwhelmed with choices!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:34:37 am by RandallS »
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Nerine

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Seed Starting 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:25:04 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;170078
As Stephy reminded me in another thread, seed starting time is fast approaching for those who live in climates that require an indoor start.  So, what's everyone planning?  Any tips or tricks to share with those of us that haven't done it before?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge this year and starting tomatoes indoors, but I'm overwhelmed with choices!

Yes indeed this time of year is fast approaching, my favorite time! The beginning of the gardening season, im also interested in what others might have to say on this too. Didn't get to plant too much last year what with being super busy with planning for the new baby, only got tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic and peas lols this year the planning has already begun and im going big have everything getting ready for cucumbers, dill, oregano, peas, carrots, garlic, tomatoes, romane lettuce, and potatoes lols and the one decorative item black hollyhocks for the front yard, lols don't know about any advice on this considering it is only my second year gardening but just have fun with it experiment and see what works best for you!
Can I play with madness? - Iron Maiden

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Seed Starting 2015
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 02:40:06 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;170078
As Stephy reminded me in another thread, seed starting time is fast approaching for those who live in climates that require an indoor start.  So, what's everyone planning?  Any tips or tricks to share with those of us that haven't done it before?

I've got black Trifele tomatoes that I meant to start today (but I still have about 2 weeks that I can work with), plus lettuce and squash. Still need to get my seeds for my peppers and get some onion sets. Thinking about beans, but those are lots of work for very little food.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Tags: