Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: House Rules About Practice  (Read 4163 times)

HarpingHawke

• View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
House Rules About Practice
« on: January 25, 2015, 02:53:05 pm »
For those of you who are out of ye olde broome closet and still living with family, do you have "house rules" about what you're allowed to do practice-wise?

F'ex, Mom's rules are: no burning candles, no summoning anything, keep the salt isolated to your room, et cetera blah.

So. What about you?
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

habbalah

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: House Rules About Practice
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:43:47 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;169973
For those of you who are out of ye olde broome closet and still living with family, do you have "house rules" about what you're allowed to do practice-wise?

F'ex, Mom's rules are: no burning candles, no summoning anything, keep the salt isolated to your room, et cetera blah.

So. What about you?

I'm living at home for health reasons. Mom knows what I believe and is semi-okay with it, but all of my stuff, except for books, have to stay in my work room or bedroom.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Aeternitatis

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: House Rules About Practice
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 02:23:24 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;169973

So. What about you?

When I was still at home, my momma was pretty okay with whatever happening, but just didn't want to know about it. XD It was pretty easy to keep it all seperate, because my room was in the basement. Though I couldn't do incense, because the smell bothered her. And if I ever fancied doing something outside, I was lucky enough to have 14 acres of forest to disappear into. Now I don't live with my family, but I do have roommates. And most of the house rules here are actually mine, haha.

I do kitchen witchery, so there are certain herbs and other ingredients that I am like, Please no touchy! Or at least ask me first so I know what my stock is, or so I can make sure it isn't stuff I have charged or blessed or anything. Not that it is ever really a problem because I mainly do the cooking sooo... XD

BUT, if I am ever going to be doing anything that I know will effect them (i.e. loud music/singing, using the common spaces, burning anything, the list goes on...) I will make sure it is okay first, or then plan to do it without them there. Because it is also their space, and it is important they feel comfortable and safe too, and if there was ever a House Rule, that one trumps all.

Tags: