Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Games: hide, text, and seek  (Read 3480 times)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
hide, text, and seek
« on: January 22, 2015, 07:41:43 pm »
Ok, so this is a fun little game I came up with yesterday, it’d definitely kill a few hours easy! It’s called Hide, text, and seek. With everyone being on their phone now days, it’s be an activity that one could use their phone and still be active! So here’s how this works:

INDOORS

With two people

The place MUST be at least as big as a standard walmart.

There should be centralize locations or a centralized location where the seeker waits for the one who hides to hide.

The hider finds a place to hide, NO MORE then one clue is given. The only clue must be a photo is to be taken in the area near where the person is hiding, the person may be included in the photo.  -Exception- If the hider has been hiding for a half hour or more and the seeker has not found them or has given up, the hider may send a second clue, an audio, video, or photographic clue.

Once found, the two will go to that centralized location(s) and remain there and wait for the clue, and the other will go hide and repeat all over again

More then one person (up to four unless in a mall or shopping center)

The place MUST be at least as big as a standard walmart
There should be centralize locations or a centralized location where the seekers waits for the one who hides to hide.

The hider finds a place to hide, NO MORE then one clue is given. The only clue must be a photo is to be taken in the area near where the person is hiding, the person may be included in the photo.  -Exception- If the hider has been hiding for a half hour or more and the seekers has not found them or has given up, the hider may send a second clue, an audio, video, or photographic clue.

Once found, the hider must text all involved that they have been found, as well as the seeker that found them must also text that they had found them to all involved.

After it is clear that the hider has been found they all will go to the chosen centralized locations and text when they are there and remain until they get the clue, and the person who is now the hider will go hide and repeat all over again

OUTDOORS

With Two People

the place MUST be at least as big as a standard city park, but no bigger then a standard state park. The area “played in” must be an agreed up area no bigger then 1 mile, by 1 mile.

The hider finds a place to hide, NO MORE then one clue is given. The only clue must be a photo is to be taken in the area near where the person is hiding, the person may be included in the photo.  The photo MUST include some form of recognizable landmark (ie., a bench, a certain kind of tree, a pond, a sign, etc.)-Exception- If the hider has been hiding for a half hour or more and the seeker has not found them or has given up, the hider may send a second clue, an audio, video, or photographic clue.

Once found, the seeker will remain in his position and wait for the clue, and the other will go hide and repeat all over again

With more then two people (the number depends on the size of the park)

The place MUST be at least as big as a standard city park, but no bigger then a standard state park. The area “played in” must be an agreed up area no bigger then 1 mile, by 1 mile.

The hider finds a place to hide, NO MORE then one clue is given. The only clue must be a photo is to be taken in the area near where the person is hiding, the person may be included in the photo.  The photo MUST include some form of recognizable landmark (ie., a bench, a certain kind of tree, a pond, a sign, etc.)-Exception- If the hider has been hiding for a half hour or more and the seeker has not found them or has given up, the hider may send a second clue, an audio, video, or photographic clue.

Once found, the hider must text all involved that they have been found, as well as the seeker that found them must also text that they had found them to all involved.

After it is clear that the hider has been found they all will stay where they are and remain until they get the clue, and the person who is now the hider will go hide and repeat all over again

IF ANYONE PLAYS THIS GAME, ID LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT WENT! MESSAGE ME!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:46:19 am by RandallS »
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: hide, text, and seek
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 10:32:32 am »
Quote from: Voren;169810
Ok, so this is a fun little game I came up with yesterday, it’d definitely kill a few hours easy! It’s called Hide, text, and seek. With everyone being on their phone now days, it’s be an activity that one could use their phone and still be active! So here’s how this works:

I don't think I'm the target audience for this, but it sounds like it would be fun.

When I saw the title I thought the game was about finding a word hidden by the previous poster  in the text above. That also sounds fun, but I'm not quite sure how that would be set up.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

habbalah

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:35:30 pm »
Quote from: Voren;169810
IF ANYONE PLAYS THIS GAME, ID LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT WENT! MESSAGE ME!

This sounds fun. I'd do it with my best friend.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:52:08 pm »
Quote from: habbalah;170223
This sounds fun. I'd do it with my best friend.
I've actually played a similar game, but while driving. Playing field can be anywhere from a typical downtown area to the entire city (obviously not somewhere as big as NYC). You hide in a parking lot or, if you've got a lot of friends who live in the area, near their house, and give clues. I remember one clue was nothing but "Joe Gibbs." Joe Gibbs is a NASCAR driver who's sponsored by Home Depot. So they were hiding in the Home Depot parking lot.
It was a lot of fun, but then we all got full time jobs that required us to be up at the ass crack of dawn, so we couldn't play anymore.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 08:36:39 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;170254
I've actually played a similar game, but while driving. Playing field can be anywhere from a typical downtown area to the entire city (obviously not somewhere as big as NYC). You hide in a parking lot or, if you've got a lot of friends who live in the area, near their house, and give clues. I remember one clue was nothing but "Joe Gibbs." Joe Gibbs is a NASCAR driver who's sponsored by Home Depot. So they were hiding in the Home Depot parking lot.
It was a lot of fun, but then we all got full time jobs that required us to be up at the ass crack of dawn, so we couldn't play anymore.

XD that sounds like a lot of fun!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: