Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Author Topic: “Heathenism: Modern Philosophies, Concepts, Views” by Andreas Mang  (Read 1905 times)

Mark C.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
“Heathenism: Modern Philosophies, Concepts, Views” by Andreas Mang is by far and away the best book I’ve read on modern Heathenry. It’s logical, well-researched, well-argued, intelligent and it’s the only book I read that is totally devoid of “woo-woo” whilst still presenting heathenry as a profound and beneficial worldview. It’s also the only book I have read that I would be happy to give to others and say, “Here you go; this is my worldview”.

No endless “catalogues of the gods” and elaborate “how to do a blot” instructions in this book. Instead we have a genuine theology that is both in-keeping with historical heathenry and modern scientific understanding.

If, like me, you are not a believer in the eddas as “scripture” and you don’t believe in gods as literal beings, then this is the book you’ve been waiting for.

http://www.amazon.com/Heathenism-Modern-Philosophies-Concepts-Views/dp/1502400332/

Mark C.

PS Lots in this for those who prefer Greek Mythology too.

From the back of the book:

Since the early seventies, the ancient pre-Christian religions of Europe are receiving an ever increasing popularity. Due to the marginal number of adherents they are rarely recognised by the public. This is not detrimental, but their philosophies, concepts, and basic views are not well-known and, therefore, prone to misunderstanding and misjudgement. The main reason for this faulty perception is the lack of knowledge about the basic concepts of old and new paganism. They clearly differ from the established religions and are usually overlooked by modern monotheists and atheists. The followers of modern Nordic-Germanic paganism suffer especially from the bias of a supposedly inherent right-wing extremism. This is based on a comprehensible but clearly distorted historical perspective. This book is a translation of the German original "Aufgeklärtes Heidentum" and dares to attempt the replacement of common misconceptions and ignorance with facts and insights.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:08:43 am by Mark C. »

Tags: