Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Hello from West Virginia!  (Read 2383 times)

Isolde

• View Profile
Hello from West Virginia!
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:16:49 pm »
Hi, everyone! After lurking for quite some time, I finally decided to pony up and join. You guys seem cool. I'm 26 years old, am currently pursuing green and Celtic witchcraft, and I live in West Virginia, so I don't have a lot of contact with many other pagans. I've been an eclectic pagan for many years, but I think I've finally settled on something I'm a little more comfortable with. I still have a LOT to learn, though. I'm very interested in Brighid and Lugh (as well as many others in the Irish pantheon), though sadly I feel I know little about them and hope to get closer to them in the future.

I'm married to an atheist (who is very accepting of my beliefs) and childfree other than a big furry rescue German Shepherd/Border Collie mix, who is my wittle baby girl. I am currently in school for a second major after my first ended up being a big waste, this time for chemistry. Some people I know find it weird that I'm into hard science while being into the spiritual, but I find (in my own personal experience) a lot of pagan beliefs mesh really well with theoretical and quantum physics. I also enjoy painting, crochet and other crafts, running, studying languages, and other aspects of the occult outside of my main following.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. Merry Meet!

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello from West Virginia!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:44:31 pm »
Quote from: Isolde;169617
Hi, everyone! After lurking for quite some time, I finally decided to pony up and join. You guys seem cool. I'm 26 years old, am currently pursuing green and Celtic witchcraft, and I live in West Virginia, so I don't have a lot of contact with many other pagans. I've been an eclectic pagan for many years, but I think I've finally settled on something I'm a little more comfortable with. I still have a LOT to learn, though. I'm very interested in Brighid and Lugh (as well as many others in the Irish pantheon), though sadly I feel I know little about them and hope to get closer to them in the future.

I'm married to an atheist (who is very accepting of my beliefs) and childfree other than a big furry rescue German Shepherd/Border Collie mix, who is my wittle baby girl. I am currently in school for a second major after my first ended up being a big waste, this time for chemistry. Some people I know find it weird that I'm into hard science while being into the spiritual, but I find (in my own personal experience) a lot of pagan beliefs mesh really well with theoretical and quantum physics. I also enjoy painting, crochet and other crafts, running, studying languages, and other aspects of the occult outside of my main following.

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Gaudior

• Journeyman
  • Moladh BrĂ­d
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Clann Bhride, Zen Buddhism
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:45:55 pm »

Hey there! :D A fellow West Virginian! ^_^ I moved here 10 years ago, and I adore the mountains.

What part are you from? I ask because I know Morgantown has a larger neo-pagan presence (there's literally none where I am xD ).
I talk to plants.

Isolde

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 06:46:45 pm »
Quote from: Gaudior;169626
Hey there! :D A fellow West Virginian! ^_^ I moved here 10 years ago, and I adore the mountains.

What part are you from? I ask because I know Morgantown has a larger neo-pagan presence (there's literally none where I am xD ).

Hey there, fellow Mountaineer! I'm from Fairmont (about a half hour south of Morgantown). I actually wasn't aware Morgantown had a bunch of neo-pagans... good to know! And I understand about the lack of pagan presence in the state; my family is from the southern area, and there isn't a single pagan for miles around. Nice to meet you!

And thank you, Voren!

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:33:23 pm »

Hey Isolde, welcome to TC! Lurking's always the best way to do things. :) Have fun.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

LittleBitWitchy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 11:52:09 pm »

Welcome to the forums!  I, too, am new around here, also lean towards the Green Witch tradition, and am a linguist so studying languages is right up my alley.  That said, if you ever want to chat, please PM me! :)

Isolde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 12:17:24 pm »
Quote from: LittleBitWitchy;169652
Welcome to the forums!  I, too, am new around here, also lean towards the Green Witch tradition, and am a linguist so studying languages is right up my alley.  That said, if you ever want to chat, please PM me! :)

Awesome! :) I study Irish Gaelic when I have time between studying for college classes, and I'd like to start to incorporate it in rituals (seeing as Brighid and Lugh are probably pretty good at Irish). And same here, PM me if you ever want to swap tradition ideas/language nerditry!

Thank you for the welcome, HarpingHawke!

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 02:32:41 pm »

Hello. There isn't a lot in the way of pagan organization here in state. Good to see you found the place.

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 08:04:30 am »

Some people I know find it weird that I'm into hard science while being into the spiritual, but I find (in my own personal experience) a lot of pagan beliefs mesh really well with theoretical and quantum physics.

Science is one of the prime (if not THE prime!) inspirations for my paganism, so I get where you're coming from.

Welcome to the Cauldron!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Lokison

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 09:56:13 am »
and I live in West Virginia, so I don't have a lot of contact with many other pagans.

Its not just WV where pagans don't connect.  :)

Anyway, I was born in Huntington, raised near Ripley and still get back "home" 2-3x a year.  Living in GA now, but love heading back (just not a big snow fan, thus the south move).

Welcome from another Mountaineer.  :)
My beliefs are my own.  I do not speak for anyone else.  It is my personal perspective.  
I am not the Way or the Truth.  No Man or Woman can reach their God/dess through me.

When people ask me, "What give you the right to suggest standards for others?",
my answer is, "If I don\'t, someone else, perhaps less qualified, will."
History has proven that qualification is based on acceptance. The end justifies the means. - LaVey

Tags: