collapse

Author Topic: DivEX - OctoberCross  (Read 1317 times)

OctoberCross

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://the-crossroads.info
DivEX - OctoberCross
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:46:27 pm »
Around this time of year, I have a routine where I ask a lot of people to do divination about what I need to know or be aware of for the coming year.  My personal spiritual "year" starts on Imbolc (my birthday!), so between Solstice and Imbolc is a sort of gathering-in, sorting through past experiences, making choices on how to continue.

I do some divination of my own and ask around, see what sticks out in my mind and feels magnetic to me, and it sort of helps me set my intention for the year.  Sometimes it helps me prepare for big changes - like the year I started working with Loki.  Everything came up "hold onto your butt" and "go with it, you're going to learn a lot."  All of which was very true.

So my question is pretty simple: what is of importance for me to know or learn for the coming year, what might it have in store for me spiritually?

Thanks for your time!
If I wake in the morning I only need two more miracles to be a saint.

Choosing the Crossroads

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: DivEX - OctoberCross
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 06:07:43 am »
Quote from: OctoberCross;169489
Around this time of year, I have a routine where I ask a lot of people to do divination about what I need to know or be aware of for the coming year.  My personal spiritual "year" starts on Imbolc (my birthday!), so between Solstice and Imbolc is a sort of gathering-in, sorting through past experiences, making choices on how to continue.

I do some divination of my own and ask around, see what sticks out in my mind and feels magnetic to me, and it sort of helps me set my intention for the year.  Sometimes it helps me prepare for big changes - like the year I started working with Loki.  Everything came up "hold onto your butt" and "go with it, you're going to learn a lot."  All of which was very true.

So my question is pretty simple: what is of importance for me to know or learn for the coming year, what might it have in store for me spiritually?

Thanks for your time!

OK, I'll give this a shot. I'm just going to do a quick 3-card reading. Is that all right?
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 06:22:50 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;169554
OK, I'll give this a shot. I'm just going to do a quick 3-card reading. Is that all right?

OK...I did a quickie 3 card draw with my Hanson-Roberts deck. A "Situation/Advice/Outcome" bit. The cards I drew were the Ace of Swords reversed, The Lovers, and The Sun. Not bad, huh? Looks like you're going to have a good year.

So...the Ace of Swords has never come up a lot in my own readings, and NEVER reversed. I don't do reversals with my own deck. Here, it seems to indicate your general state of mind at the present - questioning. Swords are the suit of intellect. The Ace of Swords reversed in this reading seems to say "OK, the situation is that you've asked a question!" (Marvelous! My deck is a genius! I should confess that my Hanson-Roberts is a bit childish...) :ange:

The Lovers Trump is the Advice Card here. I will admit that I've never been able to figure out a satisfactory "general" meaning for this trump; it seems to a very personal card. For me, it usually means making decisions w/r/t my relationship with Sarasvati-sama. I'd just like to ask you what you might think it means? It generally has connotations of choices, union of opposites, and of course - romance. It is a positive card, though, in my experience. It's position in this reading does make me lean toward interpreting it as suggesting making some sort of choice in a relationship - perhaps you will know better than I what this means. ;)

Finally, I am happy to report that your Outcome card is The Sun, or as I call it, the "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!" Card. The Sun is pretty much the most positive card in a Tarot deck. It denotes joy, plain and simple. As I said, it looks like you'll have a pretty good year.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

OctoberCross

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://the-crossroads.info
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 12:36:57 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;169555
The Lovers Trump is the Advice Card here. I will admit that I've never been able to figure out a satisfactory "general" meaning for this trump; it seems to a very personal card. For me, it usually means making decisions w/r/t my relationship with Sarasvati-sama. I'd just like to ask you what you might think it means? It generally has connotations of choices, union of opposites, and of course - romance. It is a positive card, though, in my experience. It's position in this reading does make me lean toward interpreting it as suggesting making some sort of choice in a relationship - perhaps you will know better than I what this means. ;)

This makes a lot of sense, in a "finding the balance between two forces" way. The general feeling is that this year is more about where I choose to put my energy rather than reacting to outside influence. I know one of these two I'm balancing with, but I don't know the identity yet of the other. :) But I like this card, it's helping to define what kind of choices I need to work through.

Thank you so much for this reading (the Swords card is on the nose) and the Sun definitely makes me feel a bit better. Things have been looking a little less sunny from where I am now. Thanks so much!
If I wake in the morning I only need two more miracles to be a saint.

Choosing the Crossroads

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:43:11 pm »
Quote from: OctoberCross;169608
This makes a lot of sense, in a "finding the balance between two forces" way. The general feeling is that this year is more about where I choose to put my energy rather than reacting to outside influence. I know one of these two I'm balancing with, but I don't know the identity yet of the other. :) But I like this card, it's helping to define what kind of choices I need to work through.

Thank you so much for this reading (the Swords card is on the nose) and the Sun definitely makes me feel a bit better. Things have been looking a little less sunny from where I am now. Thanks so much!

I'm so glad it was helpful to you! I don't do much divination for others, as I have a harder time interpreting properly, so I'm glad you think it sounds right.

Tags: