Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Div Ex Ghost235  (Read 856 times)

Ghost235

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Div Ex Ghost235
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:20:48 am »
So, I am putting this here because I am not exactly sure where else to put it.

Over the past three months I've had somewhat over the top issues with the tires on my car.  Thus far I've had two punctures and a leaky tire sensor.  This is odd because all of the tires are new and I don't exactly do a lot of wilderness driving.

My questions are this.  Is this the last bit of irritating tire luck?  Is this just a run of bad luck or is some deity kinda upset?  Is there anything I should be doing to resolve the issue?

Thanks all.

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
Re: Div Ex Ghost235
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:39:06 am »
Quote from: Ghost235;167531
Over the past three months I've had somewhat over the top issues with the tires on my car.  Thus far I've had two punctures and a leaky tire sensor.  This is odd because all of the tires are new and I don't exactly do a lot of wilderness driving.

My questions are this.  Is this the last bit of irritating tire luck?  Is this just a run of bad luck or is some deity kinda upset?  Is there anything I should be doing to resolve the issue?

Since you had four straightforward questions there, I thought I'd pull four ogham feda for you and see if anything came up on the surface. I hope my quick pull is useful to you!

1. Is this the last bit of tire bad luck?
Coll (hazel). Associated with wisdom, such as the wisdom of the five senses. I think it could be about staying on top of knowing what's going on with your car. Listen to your mechanic, maybe learn some more car maintenance (perhaps just how to check tire pressure and so on if you don't know that already, or more advanced checking if you do), and you may be able to turn any more bad luck aside by seeing it coming. But you also need to be wise about Otherworldly causes of problems, too, I think.

2. Is this just a run of bad luck?
hUath (hawthorn) - yes and no. It's certainly a run of bad luck, but there could be a source. hUath is about fear, despair and the potential for harm. Hawthorn is a tree of bad luck, and also of boundaries and directions - you could be going in the wrong direction (which rings true, given this is about a car), or you might have breached a boundary i.e. done something to offend a being of some kind, as you suggest.

3. Is a deity or spirit upset?  
Ruis (elder). This is about passion, anger or, again, fear. (Have you been very afraid of something recently?) The 'elder mother' is also hinted at - a spirit of elder trees that becomes vengeful if the tree is harmed. Together with hUath, this suggests that a spirit might possibly have been offended. Do you work with elves or Good Folk? Hawthorn and elder are both 'fairy' trees where their damage can lead to bad luck. This might not be meant literally, though - unless you have actually uprooted hawthorn and elder trees recently!

4. Is there anything you should be doing to resolve the issue?
Duir (oak), reversed. Doorways, or portals to the Otherworld. The reversal makes me think there are doors you should close. Do you have a situation where you're keeping a door open just in case you're going to return? Like making an agreement with a being or deity, and not keeping it? Anything like discontinuing offerings that you previously agreed to make regularly, things along those lines.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Ghost235

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Div Ex Ghost235
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 10:45:42 am »
Quote from: Naomi J;167537
Since you had four straightforward questions there, I thought I'd pull four ogham feda for you and see if anything came up on the surface. I hope my quick pull is useful to you!

1. Is this the last bit of tire bad luck?
Coll (hazel). Associated with wisdom, such as the wisdom of the five senses. I think it could be about staying on top of knowing what's going on with your car. Listen to your mechanic, maybe learn some more car maintenance (perhaps just how to check tire pressure and so on if you don't know that already, or more advanced checking if you do), and you may be able to turn any more bad luck aside by seeing it coming. But you also need to be wise about Otherworldly causes of problems, too, I think.

2. Is this just a run of bad luck?
hUath (hawthorn) - yes and no. It's certainly a run of bad luck, but there could be a source. hUath is about fear, despair and the potential for harm. Hawthorn is a tree of bad luck, and also of boundaries and directions - you could be going in the wrong direction (which rings true, given this is about a car), or you might have breached a boundary i.e. done something to offend a being of some kind, as you suggest.

3. Is a deity or spirit upset?  
Ruis (elder). This is about passion, anger or, again, fear. (Have you been very afraid of something recently?) The 'elder mother' is also hinted at - a spirit of elder trees that becomes vengeful if the tree is harmed. Together with hUath, this suggests that a spirit might possibly have been offended. Do you work with elves or Good Folk? Hawthorn and elder are both 'fairy' trees where their damage can lead to bad luck. This might not be meant literally, though - unless you have actually uprooted hawthorn and elder trees recently!

4. Is there anything you should be doing to resolve the issue?
Duir (oak), reversed. Doorways, or portals to the Otherworld. The reversal makes me think there are doors you should close. Do you have a situation where you're keeping a door open just in case you're going to return? Like making an agreement with a being or deity, and not keeping it? Anything like discontinuing offerings that you previously agreed to make regularly, things along those lines.

That's eerie.  Very interesting for a quick low background reading.

I don't know if it is outside of the scope of the thread to give detailed feedback(I will be happy to if you like).

However, I have some rep to burn in the event of a faux pas so here is some basic feedback.

I've been dealing with extreme levels of fear on a regular basis, almost crossing over into terror(I'm of the age group where something called "death anxiety" is at its peak) especially in a religious context.  This has been going on for awhile now, as in years.

I used to do a lot of Fey work years ago(to the point where I viewed them less as "other" and more as "cousins from the old country who have really quite unique customs and opinions"), but I don't really anymore.

Tags: