collapse

Author Topic: I need some advice  (Read 8193 times)

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: goddess worship grey, folk magick, hoodoo inspired.
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
I need some advice
« on: December 15, 2014, 03:43:00 pm »
Okay so I ended up making a bad mistake last night and in the middle of the night calling California Psychics network and wasting my money. Anyway, the experience left me feeling really down. Do any of you recommend another site where the psychics are more legit. I think one issue I have with CP other than it's hard to get them to close your account; is that it seems like most of the psychics don't have a problem with looking into third party feelings/issues. I know on other sites that's a big no-no. Any advice would be appreciated.
PrincessKLS

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: I need some advice...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:51:27 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;167444
Any advice would be appreciated.

Want to make a "DixEx - PrincessKLS" thread here? There's also this free misfortune-telling website although they don't get to everyone's questions each week or so when I last checked.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 02:18:30 am »
Quote from: Faemon;167464
Want to make a "DixEx - PrincessKLS" thread here? There's also this free misfortune-telling website although they don't get to everyone's questions each week or so when I last checked.

So that site is legit?
PrincessKLS

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 02:53:49 am »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;167478
So that site is legit?

I think the site design is atrocious, but I do recall some of the people running it (last time I checked) were part of a now-defunct pagan and occult forum and I thought they were pretty cool. That said, I never got that bone-chilling-you-could-not-have-known-that-from-a-cold-reading moment or hey-in-hindsight-that-thing-that-psychic-said-was-eerily-accurate-and-specific moment that I can testify to them as diviners. Besides, their (free, advertised as cruel) analyses tend to be more personal as in on the person's perspective than actually answering a psychic question, but isn't it so that everyone's got differently legitimate fortes?
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 01:52:24 pm »
Okay so I ended up making a bad mistake last night and in the middle of the night calling California Psychics network and wasting my money. Anyway, the experience left me feeling really down. Do any of you recommend another site where the psychics are more legit.

The primary function of all of these pay sites is to separate you from the contents of your wallet.  That is what you are paying for; regardless of the quality of the advice you get, that is the specific actual service you are purchasing.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:04:06 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;167479
I think the site design is atrocious, but I do recall some of the people running it (last time I checked) were part of a now-defunct pagan and occult forum and I thought they were pretty cool. That said, I never got that bone-chilling-you-could-not-have-known-that-from-a-cold-reading moment or hey-in-hindsight-that-thing-that-psychic-said-was-eerily-accurate-and-specific moment that I can testify to them as diviners. Besides, their (free, advertised as cruel) analyses tend to be more personal as in on the person's perspective than actually answering a psychic question, but isn't it so that everyone's got differently legitimate fortes?

I went ahead and submitted a question, I'll see what happens.
PrincessKLS

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 04:16:20 pm »
Okay so I ended up making a bad mistake last night and in the middle of the night calling California Psychics network and wasting my money. Anyway, the experience left me feeling really down. Do any of you recommend another site where the psychics are more legit. I think one issue I have with CP other than it's hard to get them to close your account; is that it seems like most of the psychics don't have a problem with looking into third party feelings/issues. I know on other sites that's a big no-no. Any advice would be appreciated.
If one is looking for a pay-for-divination website, I'd really only recommend AIRR, aside from a friend I've gotten services from before. At least AIRR people are very open about their backgrounds and services.

(Note: I am not affiliated with AIRR.)
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 12:11:48 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;168204
If one is looking for a pay-for-divination website, I'd really only recommend AIRR, aside from a friend I've gotten services from before. At least AIRR people are very open about their backgrounds and services.

(Note: I am not affiliated with AIRR.)

Thanks
PrincessKLS

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 05:19:16 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;167479

I just got a message from the psychicbitch site. I got to say thanks, but it not good news and some of the shit that other psychics on other sites were not confirmed here. I am depressed. Things won't be working out so well with the situation I asked about:( I don't know what to do, I want things to work out better and it's one of those situations where nothing will come to past for many years according to the reader and I just don't know what to do with my life. I don't know what I've done wrong and I don't know how to fix my life. I know a good psychic can't blow smoke up your ass but I'm not ready to fail at life anymore. Even though I know I'm getting old. :( I am seriously crying from this and I don't know what to do. Maybe I'm just not working hard enough at being successful, maybe I'm not pretty enough for romance :( I'm just need to give up or something.
PrincessKLS

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 07:44:44 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;168234
I just got a message from the psychicbitch site. I got to say thanks, but it not good news and some of the shit that other psychics on other sites were not confirmed here. I am depressed. Things won't be working out so well with the situation I asked about:( I don't know what to do, I want things to work out better and it's one of those situations where nothing will come to past for many years according to the reader and I just don't know what to do with my life. I don't know what I've done wrong and I don't know how to fix my life. I know a good psychic can't blow smoke up your ass but I'm not ready to fail at life anymore. Even though I know I'm getting old. :( I am seriously crying from this and I don't know what to do. Maybe I'm just not working hard enough at being successful, maybe I'm not pretty enough for romance :( I'm just need to give up or something.

So, because you can't get together with this guy, you're failing at life? I can tell you're pretty upset at this, and I'm honestly really concerned about you. I think you need to focus on something other than building a perfect relationship. In your profile, it says you're a student. I assume you're at college? Why not find a pagan group on campus...they'll probably even have some guys with similar interests. Guys who'll talk to you...
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 08:18:20 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;168234

You seem to place a LOT of stock in what these people say. I've been a tarot reader for a long time, and my opinion on fate is that it does not exist. A good reader can give you the most likely outcome but nothing is set in stone.

That said... why do you feel like you're failing at life? Are you just concerned about romance, or is it broader in terms of not knowing what to do with your life?

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 08:24:07 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;168254
You seem to place a LOT of stock in what these people say. I've been a tarot reader for a long time, and my opinion on fate is that it does not exist. A good reader can give you the most likely outcome but nothing is set in stone.

That said... why do you feel like you're failing at life? Are you just concerned about romance, or is it broader in terms of not knowing what to do with your life?

It's a mix of everything. I mean, yeah about to get a BA in Sociology come May 2015, but I can't find a partner, I feel like I may never be able to do what I love and make any decent money from it. I'm scared that I'm doomed to die a penniless, old hag of a virgin that no ones wants to be with. I'm sick of falling in love with people who can't and won't love me back.

Sure I'm fat, but maybe I'll be such a poor, old woman living alone without a partner or children and I'll get skinny because I'll starve to death. I won't be able to afford food.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:25:01 pm by PrincessKLS »
PrincessKLS

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 08:27:52 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;168252
So, because you can't get together with this guy, you're failing at life? I can tell you're pretty upset at this, and I'm honestly really concerned about you. I think you need to focus on something other than building a perfect relationship. In your profile, it says you're a student. I assume you're at college? Why not find a pagan group on campus...they'll probably even have some guys with similar interests. Guys who'll talk to you...

There's not a pagan group, I live in the bible belt, the best you can do a philosophy club.
PrincessKLS

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 08:52:02 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;168255
It's a mix of everything. I mean, yeah about to get a BA in Sociology come May 2015, but I can't find a partner, I feel like I may never be able to do what I love and make any decent money from it. I'm scared that I'm doomed to die a penniless, old hag of a virgin that no ones wants to be with. I'm sick of falling in love with people who can't and won't love me back.

Sure I'm fat, but maybe I'll be such a poor, old woman living alone without a partner or children and I'll get skinny because I'll starve to death. I won't be able to afford food.

Okay, well. Sounds like you might have a lot to unpack there.

First, congrats on getting your BA, that's pretty cool. I'm afraid I don't know much about making a career in sociology, so I have no real world advice for that, but I think all people who pursue education deserve a high five. (Even those of us who were going after a BA in the arts which is about the same as just willingly throwing money down a sewer. Even if it's not a brilliant long term plan, it took a lot of hard work.)

Second of all... why do you want a partner so badly? That's not a judgment thing, I'm genuinely curious because it may help you figure out how to adjust your plan of attack.

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 09:13:45 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;168257
Okay, well. Sounds like you might have a lot to unpack there.

First, congrats on getting your BA, that's pretty cool. I'm afraid I don't know much about making a career in sociology, so I have no real world advice for that, but I think all people who pursue education deserve a high five. (Even those of us who were going after a BA in the arts which is about the same as just willingly throwing money down a sewer. Even if it's not a brilliant long term plan, it took a lot of hard work.)

Second of all... why do you want a partner so badly? That's not a judgment thing, I'm genuinely curious because it may help you figure out how to adjust your plan of attack.

Everyone in the world wants some type of sex and/or love, even people who claim to be asexual have romantic and sexual  experiences and some of them (demisexuals) do find that one person to love. It's normal to want a partner. I've fallen for someone who doesn't seem to know I exist and I wish he'd figure it out and I wish at this point in my life that I'm here and I want to see him.
PrincessKLS

Tags: