+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Staff Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Eskiv Champion Aisling is just really nice Aisling is just really nice Aisling is just really nice Aisling is just really nice Aisling's Avatar
    Last Online
    4 Nov 2016 @ 06:55 PM
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan Witch

The Cauldron Blog Project 2015

The New Year will be here soon and with it, a new incarnation of the Cauldron Blog Project. This challenge is open to any Caudronite who's interested in maintaining a regular religious/spiritual blog through the coming year.

The project will consist of two different post types:
    • Every two weeks will be dedicated to a different letter of the alphabet, beginning with A and ending at Z. Because the year starts on a Thursday, we'll actually slightly lengthen the first period to include the first couple of days plus the first two full weeks. This will also give latecomers a little extra time to get started.
    • The group will also decide on a separate monthly theme prior to the start of each month.

How much or little you participate is up to you. You can opt to do as many or as few alphabetical posts during the period as you like (e.g., once per week, once per period, once per day, etc.), to do only the monthly posts, or do any combination of the two. We'll use this thread for communicating about the project, including providing links to the posts.

I'm starting this thread now to give folks time to suggest potential themes for January, start brainstorming alphabetical ideas, and, if needed, get a blog set up. So post here to join the fun!
    Into the Grey Mists (Spiritual Blog)

"All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want.
    But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them."
    ~Neil Gaiman,
    American Gods

Grand Master Member Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Juni is a splendid one to behold Juni is a splendid one to behold Juni is a splendid one to behold Juni is a splendid one to behold Juni is a splendid one to behold Juni is a splendid one to behold Juni's Avatar
    Last Online
    28 Apr 2015 @ 04:49 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Bread and booze and books and bees.
    Pronouns
    she/her

Re: The Cauldron Blog Project 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
    The New Year will be here soon and with it, a new incarnation of the Cauldron Blog Project. This challenge is open to any Caudronite who's interested in maintaining a regular religious/spiritual blog through the coming year.

I'm starting this thread now to give folks time to suggest potential themes for January, start brainstorming alphabetical ideas, and, if needed, get a blog set up. So post here to join the fun!
    I'm looking forward to this! I will probably not be participating in monthly themes unless they particularly grab my eye; I have a year theme of my own. I'm planning to use the alphabetical weeks to talk about the entities that have shaped me and my interests- my family, my gods, fictional characters, etc.
    Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

The Little Sea Witch - personal/catch-all blog
    MistSeeking - religious blog

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
    Kylara will become famous soon enough Kylara's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I'm looking forward to this! I will probably not be participating in monthly themes unless they particularly grab my eye; I have a year theme of my own. I'm planning to use the alphabetical weeks to talk about the entities that have shaped me and my interests- my family, my gods, fictional characters, etc.
    Very cool! This past year was my first pbp, so I went general, but for 2015 I was thinking of doing all Norse related in some shape or form.

Thoughts for January monthly topic: Doorways (for Janus!), new beginnings, resolutions/goals, working with snow/ice, celebrating secular holidays in your practice, new year traditions

Master Member

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    dragonfaerie has a spectacular aura about dragonfaerie has a spectacular aura about dragonfaerie's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Jan 2017 @ 07:49 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Wicca & Druidry
    Pronouns
    she/her/her

I'm in. Now I have to finish getting my website blog set up.

January topics... how about setting up reasonable goals?

Karen

Staff Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassThree FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Devotee of Cernunnos; Gaulo-Norse Polytheist; shapeshifter, Road Witch, hitchhiking alchemist
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zirs

I am going to do this, if only so my blog stays active!
    "Own Your Own Fluff" - SunflowerP
    "We've got to trust that everybody is the best authority of their own life experience." - Faemon
    Cerulean Cervines - (religious tumblog)
    Ramblings of a Road Witch
    - (roadwork blog)
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ainellewellyn is a jewel in the rough ainellewellyn is a jewel in the rough ainellewellyn is a jewel in the rough ainellewellyn is a jewel in the rough ainellewellyn's Avatar
    Last Online
    17 Mar 2017 @ 06:10 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Otherfaith
    Pronouns
    She/he (either)

• Every two weeks will be dedicated to a different letter of the alphabet, beginning with A and ending at Z. Because the year starts on a Thursday, we'll actually slightly lengthen the first period to include the first couple of days plus the first two full weeks. This will also give latecomers a little extra time to get started.
    • The group will also decide on a separate monthly theme prior to the start of each month.

How much or little you participate is up to you. You can opt to do as many or as few alphabetical posts during the period as you like (e.g., once per week, once per period, once per day, etc.), to do only the monthly posts, or do any combination of the two. We'll use this thread for communicating about the project, including providing links to the posts.

I'm definitely interested and will participate in this project, but I don't yet have any ideas for themes >.<
    Religious Blog - of the Other People
    Fandom Tumblr - Baby Book Bird
    "Hes looking at the stars when you see him."

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Amphibian will become famous soon enough Amphibian will become famous soon enough Amphibian's Avatar
    Last Online
    24 Mar 2017 @ 04:26 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Druid in training

Quote Originally Posted by ainellewellyn View Post
    I'm definitely interested and will participate in this project, but I don't yet have any ideas for themes >.<
    I am likewise themeless.

(Also, I, um, neither have nor want a public blog. I'm assuming that it's 'okay' to participate even though my blog is semiprivate.)

Staff Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Eskiv Champion Aisling is just really nice Aisling is just really nice Aisling is just really nice Aisling is just really nice Aisling's Avatar
    Last Online
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
    (Also, I, um, neither have nor want a public blog. I'm assuming that it's 'okay' to participate even though my blog is semiprivate.)
    That's fine! There's no public posting requirement for the blogs. Even if you aren't posting links to your blog, you can still be active here by sharing ideas for monthly themes and lettered posts.

~Neil Gaiman,
    American Gods

Staff Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Allaya is a name known to all Allaya is a name known to all Allaya is a name known to all Allaya is a name known to all Allaya is a name known to all Allaya is a name known to all Allaya's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Country
    Norway
    Religion
    Appalachian & Norwegian flavored eclectic witchery
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Riffing on 2014's badge, I knocked together one for this year if folks want to use it. Other colorways can be made on request.

cauldron_blog_project.jpg

Click to embiggen.

Staff Achievements:
    Last Online
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Allaya View Post
    Riffing on 2014's badge, I knocked together one for this year if folks want to use it. Other colorways can be made on request.

Attachment 1220

Click to embiggen.
    I like it! Thanks for creating that for us.

~Neil Gaiman,
    American Gods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast