Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: The Cauldron Blog Project 2015  (Read 22970 times)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
The Cauldron Blog Project 2015
« on: December 09, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »
The New Year will be here soon and with it, a new incarnation of the Cauldron Blog Project.  This challenge is open to any Caudronite who's interested in maintaining a regular religious/spiritual blog through the coming year.  

The project will consist of two different post types:
  • Every two weeks will be dedicated to a different letter of the alphabet, beginning with A and ending at Z. Because the year starts on a Thursday, we'll actually slightly lengthen the first period to include the first couple of days plus the first two full weeks. This will also give latecomers a little extra time to get started.
  • The group will also decide on a separate monthly theme prior to the start of each month.

How much or little you participate is up to you.  You can opt to do as many or as few alphabetical posts during the period as you like (e.g., once per week, once per period, once per day, etc.), to do only the monthly posts, or do any combination of the two.  We'll use this thread for communicating about the project, including providing links to the posts.

I'm starting this thread now to give folks time to suggest potential themes for January, start brainstorming alphabetical ideas, and, if needed, get a blog set up.  So post here to join the fun!

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: The Cauldron Blog Project 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:40:54 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;167082
The New Year will be here soon and with it, a new incarnation of the Cauldron Blog Project.  This challenge is open to any Caudronite who's interested in maintaining a regular religious/spiritual blog through the coming year.  

I'm starting this thread now to give folks time to suggest potential themes for January, start brainstorming alphabetical ideas, and, if needed, get a blog set up.  So post here to join the fun!

I'm looking forward to this! I will probably not be participating in monthly themes unless they particularly grab my eye; I have a year theme of my own. I'm planning to use the alphabetical weeks to talk about the entities that have shaped me and my interests- my family, my gods, fictional characters, etc.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 05:41:18 pm »
Quote from: Juni;167084
I'm looking forward to this! I will probably not be participating in monthly themes unless they particularly grab my eye; I have a year theme of my own. I'm planning to use the alphabetical weeks to talk about the entities that have shaped me and my interests- my family, my gods, fictional characters, etc.

Very cool!  This past year was my first pbp, so I went general, but for 2015 I was thinking of doing all Norse related in some shape or form.

Thoughts for January monthly topic:  Doorways (for Janus!), new beginnings, resolutions/goals, working with snow/ice, celebrating secular holidays in your practice, new year traditions
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 10:26:18 pm »

I'm in. Now I have to finish getting my website blog set up.

January topics... how about setting up reasonable goals?

Karen

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 11:52:49 pm »

I am going to do this, if only so my blog stays active! :D:
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

AineLlewellyn

• Journeyman
  • 2020 resolution? goth
    • View Profile
    • of the Other People
  • Religion: New Religious Trad/New Gods (Otherfaith)
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him They/Them
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 03:27:13 am »

• Every two weeks will be dedicated to a different letter of the alphabet, beginning with A and ending at Z. Because the year starts on a Thursday, we'll actually slightly lengthen the first period to include the first couple of days plus the first two full weeks. This will also give latecomers a little extra time to get started.
  • The group will also decide on a separate monthly theme prior to the start of each month.

How much or little you participate is up to you.  You can opt to do as many or as few alphabetical posts during the period as you like (e.g., once per week, once per period, once per day, etc.), to do only the monthly posts, or do any combination of the two.  We'll use this thread for communicating about the project, including providing links to the posts.

I'm definitely interested and will participate in this project, but I don't yet have any ideas for themes >.<

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Magpie eclectic feral urban hedge druid(ish)
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 01:23:15 pm »
Quote from: ainellewellyn;167169
I'm definitely interested and will participate in this project, but I don't yet have any ideas for themes >.<

I am likewise themeless. :(

(Also, I, um, neither have nor want a public blog. I'm assuming that it's 'okay' to participate even though my blog is semiprivate.)
All knowledge is worth having.
It doesn't stop being magic just because you know how it works.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 06:52:15 pm »
Quote from: Amphibian;167189
(Also, I, um, neither have nor want a public blog. I'm assuming that it's 'okay' to participate even though my blog is semiprivate.)

That's fine!  There's no public posting requirement for the blogs.  Even if you aren't posting links to your blog, you can still be active here by sharing ideas for monthly themes and lettered posts.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 08:50:58 pm »

Riffing on 2014's badge, I knocked together one for this year if folks want to use it.  Other colorways can be made on request.

[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

Click to embiggen.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 09:04:38 pm »
Quote from: Allaya;167215
Riffing on 2014's badge, I knocked together one for this year if folks want to use it.  Other colorways can be made on request.

[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

Click to embiggen.

I like it! Thanks for creating that for us.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

a.walker.abroad

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 10:37:18 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;167216
I like it! Thanks for creating that for us.

I love this.  I have two things:

-1.  I've never done this before. What is the badge for?

-2.  For a theme, the obvious options would be related to beginnings.

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 10:38:30 pm »
Quote from: a.walker.abroad;167229
I love this.  I have two things:

-1.  I've never done this before. What is the badge for?

-2.  For a theme, the obvious options would be related to beginnings.

You can put the badge somewhere on your blog to show that you're participating in the blog challenge. I link mine to the official thread so people can check it out, but linking, or using the badge at all, is totally optional. :)
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 07:50:20 am »
Quote from: Kylara;167134
Thoughts for January monthly topic:  Doorways (for Janus!), new beginnings, resolutions/goals, working with snow/ice, celebrating secular holidays in your practice, new year traditions

I like all of these! Doorways is especially interesting.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 08:06:15 am »
Quote from: Allaya;167215

[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

Click to embiggen.

Lovely!
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

OctoberCross

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://the-crossroads.info
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 05:01:15 pm »
The New Year will be here soon and with it, a new incarnation of the Cauldron Blog Project.

Count me in!  I was super stoked to do both the Cauldron and Pagan Blog Project, but since the PBP isn't continuing (in its current form anyway) the Cauldron Blog Project will get all my love.

Quote from: Naomi J;167251
I like all of these! Doorways is especially interesting.

I find the doorways idea intriguing, as well, so it's got my vote.
If I wake in the morning I only need two more miracles to be a saint.

Choosing the Crossroads

Tags: