Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Psg  (Read 2829 times)

LostSoul

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Psg
« on: December 07, 2014, 06:36:18 pm »
Has anyone ever been to a Pagan Spiritual Gathering (PSG)? What are they like?

Breeze

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Psg
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 08:15:37 pm »
Quote from: LostSoul;166945
Has anyone ever been to a Pagan Spiritual Gathering (PSG)? What are they like?

I attended Pagan Spirit Gathering a few years ago, and am still part of their online community and several of my friends go yearly.  The premise is really cool, and the camping is really cool.  However, I didn't really get much out of it and was really kinda disappointed for all of the hype it gets.  Even though it says that it's open to all 'positive Pagan paths' or something thereof (and it is), everything is geared towards neo-Wicca. If that's what you are in to then I have no doubt you will have a blast.  The people are very friendly, Selena and Sharon (the two main coordinators) are always helpful and pleasant, and most everyone thinks of it as a life changing experience.  It is REALLY pricey, and is not worth the money unless you are neo-Wiccan or have several friends attending that you'd like to see, in my opinion.  The workshops aren't really anything to write home about save for one or two max.  There's a lot of appropriation that goes on, particularly with Native American things, and if you speak out about it then you're pretty much shunned for being "that guy/girl/person".  PSG does some things really well (networking, vending) and some things really poorly (diversity, education) so it's really a toss up for what you're looking for and what you're willing to overlook.

LostSoul

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Psg
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:17:33 pm »
Quote from: Breeze;166958
I attended Pagan Spirit Gathering a few years ago, and am still part of their online community and several of my friends go yearly.  The premise is really cool, and the camping is really cool.  However, I didn't really get much out of it and was really kinda disappointed for all of the hype it gets.  Even though it says that it's open to all 'positive Pagan paths' or something thereof (and it is), everything is geared towards neo-Wicca. If that's what you are in to then I have no doubt you will have a blast.  The people are very friendly, Selena and Sharon (the two main coordinators) are always helpful and pleasant, and most everyone thinks of it as a life changing experience.  It is REALLY pricey, and is not worth the money unless you are neo-Wiccan or have several friends attending that you'd like to see, in my opinion.  The workshops aren't really anything to write home about save for one or two max.  There's a lot of appropriation that goes on, particularly with Native American things, and if you speak out about it then you're pretty much shunned for being "that guy/girl/person".  PSG does some things really well (networking, vending) and some things really poorly (diversity, education) so it's really a toss up for what you're looking for and what you're willing to overlook.

thank you for your input.

Tags:

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 222
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal