Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Thoughts on KO?  (Read 6406 times)

cleargreenwater

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on KO?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 01:24:37 pm »
Quote from: Nyktelios;167439
I'm taking the beginner's course right now. While it probably isn't a path I personally want to commit to long-term, I would recommend the course. It's simple but interesting and well organized, so it gives a person a good understanding of the religion. Certain things about the path turn me off, but that's more about personal preference than anything being wrong with KO itself.

I finished in the beginner's class just before yours, after lurking on their forums as guest for over a year.

At the end of the day, it approaches too much of a revealed religion for me to put my faith in.  It isn't that I distrust their Nisut specifically, it's just me, I distrust channelling and possessory knowledge from a bad past experience that relates to one of the most catastrophic events of my life.  In a thread buried somewhere on their forums, another long term Remetj, or "friend" but not convert level member, said very simply and very astutely that the fundamental leap of faith one must be prepared to make to become Shemsu of the faith is to put trust in the belief that the Nisut is a bridge that hears the will of the gods better than most, but because of the aforementioned deeply false unrelated experience I am unable to trust that, and just too much of the higher membership levels involvement relies on revelatory practices.  I also think some of their theological categorization is kind of frustrating, like their organization of aspects and syncretisms.

That said, I don't regret taking the class or being an active member of K.O.  I might not be able to place faith in a Nisut, but I have no problems respecting that she is that to my friends on the forums and no qualms calling her Hemet, since it means servant and there is no denying that she serves a great many people to the very best of her ability and is certainly hugely dedicated to serving the gods in her way.  The community is active and involving and structured, the people are encouraging and friendly, and they offer tremendous support and other resources (CALENDAR, hello CALENDAR).  In my personal estimate, I've found it worth the effort to learn the ropes of and fit within the organization while I grow my basic Kemetic knowledge and extracurricularly try to hash out something that works for me even if K.O. ultimately doesn't.  And they don't begrudge you that as long as you respect their temple in my experience.

And that, as a relatively beginner kemetic and newish member of Kemetic Orthodoxy, is my thoughts on it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:25:31 pm by cleargreenwater »
Also goes by "the fisher fool", haven\'t totally decided on which screen name to use.

Tags: