collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Hi, y'all!  (Read 837 times)

AlexandrinaAnzhelina

• View Profile
Hi, y'all!
« on: November 28, 2014, 10:09:59 pm »
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for quite awhile and only had the courage to sign up a few weeks ago. I'm new to paganism and religion in general; I come from an agnostic/atheist family background (more of a "meh, no scientific proof" attitude than actively anti-theist), and although I'm familiar with the basics of Abrahamic religions and know a little about Hinduism and Buddhism, I wouldn't say I have any sort of religious background at all.

When it comes to paganism, I still feel like I've got no clue what I'm doing and am still flailing around. I'm a science nut and I'm used to questioning everything, and I'm working through reconciling what I think I believe with what I know about the natural world. Right now I honor the goddesses Athena and Hestia and am currently reading everything I can find on ancient Greek beliefs, and I guess I'll see where I go from there. I have a lifetime to figure things out (as well as I can, anyway) so I'm not in any hurry. :)
"Perhaps I\'m old and tired, but I think that the chances of finding out what\'s actually going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say, "Hang the sense of it," and keep yourself busy. I\'d much rather be happy than right any day." --The Hitchhiker\'s Guide to the Galaxy

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hi, y'all!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 01:19:38 am »
Quote from: AlexandrinaAnzhelina;166363
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for quite awhile and only had the courage to sign up a few weeks ago. I'm new to paganism and religion in general; I come from an agnostic/atheist family background (more of a "meh, no scientific proof" attitude than actively anti-theist), and although I'm familiar with the basics of Abrahamic religions and know a little about Hinduism and Buddhism, I wouldn't say I have any sort of religious background at all.

When it comes to paganism, I still feel like I've got no clue what I'm doing and am still flailing around. I'm a science nut and I'm used to questioning everything, and I'm working through reconciling what I think I believe with what I know about the natural world. Right now I honor the goddesses Athena and Hestia and am currently reading everything I can find on ancient Greek beliefs, and I guess I'll see where I go from there. I have a lifetime to figure things out (as well as I can, anyway) so I'm not in any hurry. :)

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Siran

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 10:33:08 am »
Hi everyone! [...]

Hi! I'm pretty new to paganism, too, and have always (and I still do) believed in science.
I can't say much more, just good luck :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:34:05 am by Siran »

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 09:01:54 am »

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: