+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupCreated Album picturesOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Religious Witchcraft
    Pronouns
    sie/hir/hirs

Re: Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    New on Tamir Rice:

Police Gave Boy No Aid After Shooting in Cleveland
    The use of disproportionate force, applied disproportionately against people of color, is disturbing and enraging.

The withholding of medical aid afterwards is vile and depraved.

Sunflower
    Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    I do so have a life. I just live part of it online.
    “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
    to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
    "Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
    My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Senior Master Member
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine's Avatar
    Last Online
    17 Mar 2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Haunt for jackals; home for owls
    Pronouns
    she/her

Quote Originally Posted by SunflowerP View Post
    The use of disproportionate force, applied disproportionately against people of color, is disturbing and enraging.

The withholding of medical aid afterwards is vile and depraved.

Sunflower
    It's hideous enough to shoot a child in the stomach without provocation, but surely once they got close enough to realize that they'd just shot an unarmed child with a toy and not a big menacing 20-something with a gun, as they'd initially claimed he was, the human thing to do would be to at least attempt to render aid, or allow someone else to render aid. Instead they withheld medical aid, prevented others from providing it, and jumped that poor child's sister so they could lock her up like a criminal for no reason at all. That, and holding back Rice's mother, forcing her to choose to be with only one of her brutalized children, and treating her like a criminal, too.

I don't hesitate to call this behavior--especially while in the public service and trust as an officer of the law--evil, period. I also don't hesitate to call endorsement and protection of this behavior an evil, too. I just wish it was unusual, or surprising, rather than routine.
    Last edited by Valentine; 10 Jan 2015 at 09:12 PM. Reason: missing "could" in a sentence!
    "Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
    "There isn't a way things should be. There's just what happens, and what we do."
    - Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

Three FriendsYour first GroupCreated Album picturesOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Religious Witchcraft
    Pronouns
    sie/hir/hirs

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    I don't hesitate to call this behavior--especially while in the public service and trust as an officer of the law--evil, period. I also don't hesitate to call endorsement and protection of this behavior an evil, too. I just wish it was unusual, or surprising, rather than routine.
    <nods> If my post read like hesitation to call these deeds evil, it wasn't, it was just that I wanted more words. But I can see how it might have come across that way - indeed, I am as a rule one of those who is not quick to deem things evil. Not this time, though; this shit is truly evil.

Sunflower
    Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    I do so have a life. I just live part of it online.
    “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
    to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
    "Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
    My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Senior Master Member
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine has a brilliant future Valentine's Avatar
    Last Online
    17 Mar 2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Haunt for jackals; home for owls
    Pronouns
    she/her

Quote Originally Posted by SunflowerP View Post
    <nods> If my post read like hesitation to call these deeds evil, it wasn't, it was just that I wanted more words. But I can see how it might have come across that way - indeed, I am as a rule one of those who is not quick to deem things evil. Not this time, though; this shit is truly evil.

Sunflower
    Not at all! I was just chiming in in agreement.
    "Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
    "There isn't a way things should be. There's just what happens, and what we do."
    - Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Mumu Champion Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic; Feri; UU; Discordian; CoX; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; An American Werewolf In The Akhet; Etc
    Pronouns
    any of he, she, they

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Just tagging on to end of thread with a relevant bump:

So, there was the whole reveal of the film that proves that the theft lie was in fact a lie, so maybe people are listening to the store owner about the theft lie being a lie, and then this:

http://www.theroot.com/everything-yo...e-b-1793261221

I mean, the whole, "We all believed this version" line in this rendition is sort of infuriating, since not everyone fell for the line of bullshit. But now we have the cop's original testimony to look at, and while there are obviously possible differences in interpretation (the updated article goes into that) there's still some straight up "he admitted to WHAT" in there.
    as the water grinds the stone
    we rise and fall
    as our ashes turn to dust
    we shine like stars - Covenant, "Bullet"

Peaceful Awakenings: Kemetic research blog
    Suns in Her Branches: Integrative religion site and blog
    Beewine Press Pagan Calendars

Adept Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Mar 2017 @ 06:32 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    tree-hugging neopagan

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhawk View Post
    Just tagging on to end of thread with a relevant bump:

So, there was the whole reveal of the film that proves that the theft lie was in fact a lie, so maybe people are listening to the store owner about the theft lie being a lie, and then this:

http://www.theroot.com/everything-yo...e-b-1793261221

I mean, the whole, "We all believed this version" line in this rendition is sort of infuriating, since not everyone fell for the line of bullshit. But now we have the cop's original testimony to look at, and while there are obviously possible differences in interpretation (the updated article goes into that) there's still some straight up "he admitted to WHAT" in there.
    I haven't heard about this. It just jumped to the top of my reading list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21