collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Healing energy for me  (Read 1473 times)

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Healing energy for me
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:12:19 pm »
Hey all. I've been having a rough time recently with a number of physical and psychological issues, mostly stemming from a bad reaction to one of my medications (Latuda). Latuda's side effects include skin rash and itching, as well as metabolic problems. Thankfully, I have the best neuropsychiatrist in the state, and when I presented him with my concerns, he insisted that I cut my dose in half immediately. I've only been at the reduced dose for a week, but already my energy is better and my skin seems to be healing.

However, there are still some problems. It seems likely that the metabolic issues have caused a thyroid imbalance. Not only is my sleep disturbed, but my hair is dry and brittle, and I am still having trouble losing weight. All classic hypothyroid stuff. I've had bloodwork done, but the results have not come in.

To top it all off, because I cut the dose in half so suddenly, I'm going through withdrawal. Now, withdrawal from Latuda isn't that bad compared to a lot of other drugs. It's labelled as an anti-psychotic, but it doesn't really work the same way as drugs like Risperdal. It's more like Abilify - it stabilizes my moods and keeps me from overreacting to things. And thankfully, it's not associated with the really awful withdrawal symptoms that a lot of other antipsychotics are. Just headaches.

And do I have a headache. A migraine. Splitting my head open. It's so frustrating, because my body is trying to heal itself, but it's not quite there yet. It needs a little help. So I'd appreciate any prayers or healing energy you can spare.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Healing energy for me
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:46:27 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;166124

And do I have a headache. A migraine. Splitting my head open. It's so frustrating, because my body is trying to heal itself, but it's not quite there yet. It needs a little help. So I'd appreciate any prayers or healing energy you can spare.

Sending what I can.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:56:22 pm »

(((Redfaery)))

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 09:42:40 pm »

Will send you what I can. <3
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Tags: