Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Cursing a family  (Read 3723 times)

NCPilot

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Cursing a family
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:37:28 pm »
So, back in July of this year, I brought a business from a previous owner and her son.  They both agreed to stay on until we got a handle on the business.  HUGE mistake, just really really HUGE.  These two people turned out to be psychopaths who only wanted me and my business partners to be a living, walking, talking ATM.  They would still run everything, we'd just pay for everything.  This has caused some contention between the two groups which escalated in us letting the son go (we simply couldn't afford his salary) and then the mom left without giving us her 2 weeks notice and on their way out, they pretty much took away half of our customer base.

Now up til yesterday I was willing to let it go.  They tried to destroy the business that we brought, sure, and the son has a history of anger issues and yea, he wasn't exactly professional in his departure and honestly he's just a giant grade A douchebag.  I mean the guy was guilty of a hit and run and DUI, not exactly a good guy.

Anyways, yesterday he called me on my private cell phone, and was bitching about his severance check being late.  Yea...his contract gave him 30 days severance income if he was ever fired or released from his position.  Every week I mail out his severance on Friday and haven't heard a peep from him about it til yesterday.  Anyways, I told him that it was in the mail and that I didn't know what else he wanted me to do.  After I told him that it was in the mail, I also told him to not call my cell phone again and if he did, I'd get the local sheriff department involved.  That got him pissed off and I'm pretty sure he called me retarded.  

So, honestly now I'm just mad at him.  Not simply because of the phone call, but because 1) he destroyed half of the customer base which is in violation of the NDA (Non-disclose agreement) in his contract, but I just hate the fact that I feel like we're paying him for destroying said customer base.  Oh yea, we know it was him and his family that drove away our former regular customers.  One of their little minions who quit on us (we had four other people who quit) let that slip out that they called up our biggest customers and drove her away.  So yea, we know for a fact that this was their doing.

So, why aren't we stopping the severance and nailing their asses to the wall in court?  Well to be honest, it's not worth it.  The mother has creditors and debt collectors on her ass, which explained why she was so eager to sell the business and we would get calls from debt collectors asking for her.  The son isn't exactly rolling around in money and with only a high school diploma, a DUI and a hit-and-run on his criminal record, his employment prospect is pretty damn low.  We just want them out of our hair.

So, now that y'all have the back story, this is where I'm at right now.  Honestly, I want to curse the family.  They just have this cloud of negativity and toxicity about them that get stuck on you like slime and the smell of cigarette smoke.  I want them to choke on their own air of toxicity.  I want the mother's future endeavors to ultimately fail, I want the son to be a deadbeat (which is probably going to happen anyways) I want them punished for their deeds, and punished in a way that at the end, they'll know why everything around them is in ruins.

Please note, I'm not looking for input from what I call "white lighters".  I already know what their answer is going to be, I can pretty much recite it from memory.  I'm looking for input from people who are a bit more...darker in their path.

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
Re: Cursing a family
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:54:22 am »
Quote from: NCPilot;165942

Please note, I'm not looking for input from what I call "white lighters".  I already know what their answer is going to be, I can pretty much recite it from memory.  I'm looking for input from people who are a bit more...darker in their path.

I am probably what you are calling a "white lighter" :) but I feel I should ask, if alternatively, would you be interested in putting up a magical block, something to reflect their own negatively away from you and back on to them? Not only would this protect you, but could also serve as a curse.

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:05:49 am »

There's a big ethical difference between cursing in self-defense (the equivalent of hitting someone to keep them from hitting you) and cursing for vengeance (the equivalent of jumping some guy who beat you up in grade school). I don't think the latter can be justified, white light or not.

Tom

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://serpentinetom.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:26:24 pm »

So, now that y'all have the back story, this is where I'm at right now.  Honestly, I want to curse the family.  They just have this cloud of negativity and toxicity about them that get stuck on you like slime and the smell of cigarette smoke.  I want them to choke on their own air of toxicity.  I want the mother's future endeavors to ultimately fail, I want the son to be a deadbeat (which is probably going to happen anyways) I want them punished for their deeds, and punished in a way that at the end, they'll know why everything around them is in ruins.

Honestly, looking at your situation, I would focus any magical efforts on something other than cursing them directly. What they want is for the business to fail without them, so I would imagine the best revenge is to flourish despite their efforts of sabotage.

Do spells to boster your business, create targeted spells to regain your customer base (honey pot spells for example) and just do things keeping them out of their life. From what you say about them, they'll end up choking on their own bile eventually because if you turn on people, then you won't have people to have your back when things go bad.

And I'm far from being a white-lighter. I just think it would it would be more prudent to focus on recovering and gathering your strength. If they do ever come back into your life once you've made a concentrated effort to get them out, you'll have to come from a place of strength after all.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 01:57:42 pm »

I'm not a white-lighter by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm also not someone who curses lightly either, FWIW.

While I'm sympathetic to your difficulties, it needs to be pointed out that there are risks with any business venture and that rarely does the responsibility for problems fall only to one party.  For example, you've stated that it was in the person's contract to pay 30 days severance if fired.  Who signed this contract and agreed to these terms?  If you accepted these terms as a part of the business purchase, then you are, in part, responsible for the situation.  If you didn't cover your legal bases initially or are now unwilling to pursue legal action, you've a had hand in creating this situation.

I'm not bringing this up to point the finger of blame, but to get you thinking about a very practical consideration when creating curses.  It's been my experience that a well-done curse will find its mark, but that mark isn't necessary the target that you have in mind.  If you're out to punish someone for the business problems, you may want to make sure that none of the responsibility for those problems falls on you and your business partners. Otherwise, you might find the curse bouncing right back to you. Are you willing to risk further damage to the business for the sake of revenge?

Honestly, I want to curse the family. They just have this cloud of negativity and toxicity about them that get stuck on you like slime and the smell of cigarette smoke. I want them to choke on their own air of toxicity. I want the mother's future endeavors to ultimately fail, I want the son to be a deadbeat (which is probably going to happen anyways) I want them punished for their deeds, and punished in a way that at the end, they'll know why everything around them is in ruins.

Food for Thought:  How will expending your energy and time toward this goal help you, your business, and your business partners? If you've already lost so many resources (time, energy, and clients at the very least), why would you continue to put any energy toward these people?

If they are truly psychopaths, then you're dealing with people who are incapable of feeling remorse and who are not going to take responsibility for their actions.  In fact, you may be feeding into their illness with emotional and energetic outbursts.  I speak from the experience of dealing with a sociopath in a professional situation - the more you react, the more the sociopath is going to stir the pot because they crave that reaction.  Not only will you have not reached them with a curse, but you'll have wasted your resources in the attempt.

Why do you want to ruin them?  It's understandable that you'd want to prevent them from doing further damage.  That goal is a pretty good one, actually.  It's also one that can be accomplished without destroying them.  Ask yourself this - is your response proportionate to the damage that they have done to you? Have they put your business in such a state that you've been reduced to being a "deadbeat" or are unable to pursue future endeavors?  Also, do you feel any responsibility to your community, as making someone into a "deadbeat" likely means that it will become the community's responsibility to help support him and his mother (whether through public assistance, food pantries, the intervention of some sucker who gives them money, shelter, etc)?

If it were me in this situation, I'd put my energy into a more useful and profitable set of plans, both magical and mundane.  These would be much along the lines of what Tom has already suggested - blocking them from doing further harm, severing all ties to these people, and work on building your business and getting back your clients.  If I still wanted to get revenge, I'd probably put it in this form - a working that ensured that they would need to earn their keep through ethical work of their own, making sure they earned every cent they receive and were grateful for being able to do so.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:00:24 pm by Aisling »

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:51:34 pm »

Heh. Did someone send out a Bat-signal? Because darker path is the best description of my practices I've ever heard.

First off, the suggestions of reflecting their negativity back are good ones, even if you dislike the moralizing. What better revenge than poetic justice? Ask whichever gods you worship for their own evil to rebound on them three-fold. They're hateful, lying bastards? Let them choke on it.

Speaking of gods, the Furies of Classical lore would be a smart bet for patrons in this, if you're looking for such.

Black candles are generally said to be suitable to burn for rituals that involve cursing, although I also read that green candles can be used to curse someone with an illness.

You might consider making effigies of them in clay, inscribing them with the names of the victims and burying them or chucking them in a stream. As the effigy wears away, so will they. Old European folk magic.

Past that, I can't really help you unless you have more specific questions.
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 11:32:06 pm »

Not a white lighter, just a lawyer's daughter with some secondhand knowledge. I'd recommend a visit to the District Attorney's office to file a restraining order. Seriously. If these people are harassing you, that's a much easier way to get them to leave you alone. Please. It won't cost you anything. The DA's office doesn't bill people. It's paid by the government. Go see them.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 11:39:10 pm »
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;166011

Speaking of gods, the Furies of Classical lore would be a smart bet for patrons in this, if you're looking for such.

I'm going to note that you (general you) should only ask The Kindly Ones a favor if you are very, very, very desperate.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 08:07:51 am »

I'm not a white-lighter bu any means, but I'm not sure cursing them woiuld do much as they sound like they are already in bad shape -- nor would making them worse help you. In this situation, I'd probably statt with magic to get others to see them and their manipulations for what they are. This would cause them trouble while having a chance of undoing some of the damage their turning people away from you has done to you.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Lythrum Salicaria

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »

I'll echo others' suggestions to perform a few spells to increase your own prosperity; however, it sounds like these are the sort of people who have no problem with making other people's lives miserable. If that's the case, a mirror box ritual might be just the thing you need. In a nutshell, it's a combination of binding and reversal.

This page covers construction and application, although I personally would not enlist the help of graveyard spirits in this case. Tossing the box in a river would be a safer method, and the symbolism is appropriate. Sort of a cosmic, "Go reflect on your actions FAR AWAY from me!"

Tags: