Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: 10 year old boy dies of dehydration after parents denied him water for FIVE DAYS  (Read 6006 times)

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
...AS PUNISHMENT FOR WETTING HIS BED.  I mean, really?  Seriously?  I can see not letting him drink water like, an hour before bed to see if that's the problem, but FIVE F*****G DAYS?!  And making him stand in a room with no air conditioning by the window in the sun...WHEN IT'S 100 DEGREES OUTSIDE?  People.  Are.  Sick.  They need to be charged with murder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/28/jonathan-james-dead-deydration_n_939728.html?icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl1|sec1_lnk2|90173
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

victoreia

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Quote from: KittyVel;16438
...AS PUNISHMENT FOR WETTING HIS BED.  I mean, really?  Seriously?  I can see not letting him drink water like, an hour before bed to see if that's the problem, but FIVE F*****G DAYS?!  And making him stand in a room with no air conditioning by the window in the sun...WHEN IT'S 100 DEGREES OUTSIDE?  People.  Are.  Sick.  They need to be charged with murder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/28/jonathan-james-dead-deydration_n_939728.html?icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl1|sec1_lnk2|90173

:eek: That.....is insane.

Sometimes I think people should have to take a parenting test before being allowed to breed.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Mind how you go. -- Granny Weatherwax

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: victoreia;16441

Sometimes I think people should have to take a parenting test before being allowed to breed.

I completely agree.  Things like this just shouldn't happen, and some people just shouldn't breed to begin with.
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile

Can we allow the death penalty for people like this?  Please.  If you are a person that can torture your own child to death, you are not going to contribute to the good of society.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Etheric1;16469
Can we allow the death penalty for people like this?  Please.  If you are a person that can torture your own child to death, you are not going to contribute to the good of society.

I agree entirely.  People like this shouldn't be allowed to live.  In cases like this, I'm all for "eye for an eye", but then again, I'm one to hold grudges...

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
They need to be charged with murder.

Definitely and the judge should max out their sentence when they are convicted.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: RandallS;16491
Definitely and the judge should max out their sentence when they are convicted.

The should not only be convicted of murder, but of torture...I sincerely wish the death penalty on these people.  I'm thoroughly disgusted.  I'm ashamed to share the same species with these people.

mlr52

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.GIN.michaellrichardson.com

That would be the end of the human species.
Light Your Candle, In Love and Service, Blessed Be.
I am a Notary Public for The State of New York, - I do not charge for Notary Fee\'s, I Live in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: mlr52;16525

Only for the dumb ones.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile

Unfortunately not possible, but SOOOOOO necessary!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

Jubes

• Staff
  • Location: Overlooking the bottom of a lake and the beginning of a river....
    • View Profile
Quote from: mlr52;16525

No it would be the end  of  children  dieing  needlessly at the hands  of  screwed up parents! Who in their  bloody right mind  does that to a  child? Who cares if he wet the  bed, you  change the  sheets, wash the  peed on ones and  oh here's a  thought  take the  child to a Dr. to see if there is a medical  reason  they are still  wetting the bed at the age of  10! Sometimes kids  just  wet the bed  beyond  potty training  for various reasons either  medical  or  physiological denying a child   a basic necessity  of  life, especially during  100 degree  weather is NOT  acceptable at  all.  Never  mind the death penalty, toss them  in general population with  a stick note attached to  their fore heads  detailing  what they  do to a defenseless child.:ninja:
Armed with  common sense and worldly ways.......

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jubes;16541
No it would be the end  of  children  dieing  needlessly at the hands  of  screwed up parents! Who in their  bloody right mind  does that to a  child? Who cares if he wet the  bed, you  change the  sheets, wash the  peed on ones and  oh here's a  thought  take the  child to a Dr. to see if there is a medical  reason  they are still  wetting the bed at the age of  10! Sometimes kids  just  wet the bed  beyond  potty training  for various reasons either  medical  or  physiological denying a child   a basic necessity  of  life, especially during  100 degree  weather is NOT  acceptable at  all.  Never  mind the death penalty, toss them  in general population with  a stick note attached to  their fore heads  detailing  what they  do to a defenseless child.:ninja:

Kid was probably wetting the bed at age 10 because his parents were horrors to live with..  

I like the idea of sending them to prison with a note stapled to them saying what they did.

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Etheric1;16542
I like the idea of sending them to prison with a note stapled to them saying what they did.

I like that, too.  They're the kind of people that are eventually beaten to death by other inmates.

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: KittyVel;16546
I like that, too.  They're the kind of people that are eventually beaten to death by other inmates.

No kidding.  It may sound kinda dark approving of that outcome, but no way in hell was that probably the first beating that child took..

:mad:

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Etheric1;16548
No kidding.  It may sound kinda dark approving of that outcome, but no way in hell was that probably the first beating that child took..

:mad:

Not to mention the other two boys there!  I can't imagine how much trauma they're going through right now, especially his twin!  The poor thing wanted to help, but knew he'd be punished too if he was caught.  It's awful that things like this happen in the world...

Tags: