Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:45:55 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 06:39:30 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:03:12 pm]

Author Topic: Daily Incoprorations of Faith  (Read 9184 times)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Daily Incoprorations of Faith
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 10:22:34 pm »
Quote from: Alexeigynaix;200234
HUH. Because I clicked this thread in hopes of some advice on how to start praying daily, which I have been trying to accomplish for months and months, and that post went ping.

Huh. Now I need to go think.

I want to do something on a daily basis, though now I am not sure what that thing might be...

That means it might be useful for me to update with stuff I do regularly, that isn't prayer. (My job, state of residence, and schedule in general have all changed since the post you quoted, which was back in 2014, too.)

I do do stuff daily/very regularly, it's just still not 'I am saying a prayer'.

Stuff I do includes:
Centering, grounding, checking in on shielding: at least once a day, though usually I do it because of something going on, and often several times a day. It's about as routine for me as 'it is actively cold, I should close up my coat', and 'I am about to go out, where are my keys and my phone', though - routine things that I do a lot and that don't take special prep or sustained attention. (One of my triggers for this, is, for example 'I am in my car at a stop light' which usually happens at least once a commute.) One can use a related concept as a moment of reflection when siting down at a desk, picking up a pen, seeng the sun or moon for the first time that day, etc.

Home shrine with some number of items on it. (Right now that number is 2, because I have been in 'put things on it only if I use them' mode for a few months, but it is right in my line of sight from the most common position I am when at home and awake.)

Tech-related stuff: Choice of regularly changing passwords (work, mostly), desktops, etc. to reflect current spiritual goals. For passwords, anything that will work for the requirement will do. For desktops/etc. I have a stable one at work, and rotate phone/home computer ones, though they're usually not Overtly Pagan. There's no reason this couldn't be devotional.

On me all the time: My toenails have been some shade of usually-cobaltish blue since sometime in late 2002, as a devotional act. They're always there and visible if I'm not wearing shoes (I almost never wear socks), they get repainted periodically when some falls off and/or I feel like it. (I've also done devotional jewelry at times.)

The one I'm about to start up again which is setting up a playlist of ritually-relevant music, and listening to at least one song of it daily.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Alexeigynaix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Incoprorations of Faith
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 08:24:48 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;200258
That means it might be useful for me to update with stuff I do regularly, that isn't prayer. (My job, state of residence, and schedule in general have all changed since the post you quoted, which was back in 2014, too.)

I do do stuff daily/very regularly, it's just still not 'I am saying a prayer'.

Stuff I do includes:
Centering, grounding, checking in on shielding: at least once a day, though usually I do it because of something going on, and often several times a day. It's about as routine for me as 'it is actively cold, I should close up my coat', and 'I am about to go out, where are my keys and my phone', though - routine things that I do a lot and that don't take special prep or sustained attention. (One of my triggers for this, is, for example 'I am in my car at a stop light' which usually happens at least once a commute.) One can use a related concept as a moment of reflection when siting down at a desk, picking up a pen, seeng the sun or moon for the first time that day, etc.

Home shrine with some number of items on it. (Right now that number is 2, because I have been in 'put things on it only if I use them' mode for a few months, but it is right in my line of sight from the most common position I am when at home and awake.)

Tech-related stuff: Choice of regularly changing passwords (work, mostly), desktops, etc. to reflect current spiritual goals. For passwords, anything that will work for the requirement will do. For desktops/etc. I have a stable one at work, and rotate phone/home computer ones, though they're usually not Overtly Pagan. There's no reason this couldn't be devotional.

On me all the time: My toenails have been some shade of usually-cobaltish blue since sometime in late 2002, as a devotional act. They're always there and visible if I'm not wearing shoes (I almost never wear socks), they get repainted periodically when some falls off and/or I feel like it. (I've also done devotional jewelry at times.)

The one I'm about to start up again which is setting up a playlist of ritually-relevant music, and listening to at least one song of it daily.

Devotional jewelry, yep. Devotional music-listening, yep. (Most days, on both points. Not every day.) Center-ground-shield...doing better at that lately, but not up to daily yet. I also do little libations daily, to several Deities. I guess I'm just flailing because none of that is prayer, and there is probably a reason for the flailing that I should figure out what it is.

Tags: