collapse

Author Topic: Good day, everyone!  (Read 2073 times)

meikstefan

Good day, everyone!
« on: November 06, 2014, 12:53:52 am »
Hello, all. The name's Michael, or Meik for short. Lately, I've been adjusting my beliefs because of something that happened to me. I lost my faith back in Christ in 2012 and left the priesthood, but I've still felt pulled toward him since then. However, I never figured out how to come back, and much less devote my life to him again, so I recently decided to just take a leap of faith and do just that, letting him guide me as he will. I'm a Gnostic by theology, by way of syncretizing Catholicism with tantric Shaivism, though I appear to be Catholic by culture and practice, expressing my faith in a pretty traditional, sacramental manner despite not being "orthodox."

I'm here, because I'm still what some might call "pagan" by expression. I'm a hereditary cunning man who combines traditional European methods with the Roman Ritual, Hindu folk magic, and a pinch of Hoodoo, and I believe that Jesus also walked this path, clearly being a folk healer and exorcist. I take an animistic approach to the natural world, and venerate the souls of all living beings. As a Gnostic, I tend to regard the Holy Spirit in the feminine, as Sophia. Given this, I think I would likely fall into some definitions of "Christopagan," even if I wouldn't use the label myself.

I'm also here because I love to read about paganism and learn about different paths from practitioners themselves. This is an opportunity to share what I know, and to learn from others as well.

I hope I'll be welcome here after this change, and I wish everyone well.

InXC.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:57:53 am by meikstefan »

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Good day, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 01:31:41 am »
Quote from: FrMeik;164526
Hello, all. The name's Michael, or Meik for short. Lately, I've been adjusting my beliefs because of something that happened to me. I lost my faith back in Christ in 2012 and left the priesthood, but I've still felt pulled toward him since then. However, I never figured out how to come back, and much less devote my life to him again, so I recently decided to just take a leap of faith and do just that, letting him guide me as he will. I'm a Gnostic by theology, by way of syncretizing Catholicism with tantric Shaivism, though I appear to be Catholic by culture and practice, expressing my faith in a pretty traditional, sacramental manner despite not being "orthodox."

I'm here, because I'm still what some might call "pagan" by expression. I'm a hereditary cunning man who combines traditional European methods with the Roman Ritual, Hindu folk magic, and a pinch of Hoodoo, and I believe that Jesus also walked this path, clearly being a folk healer and exorcist. I take an animistic approach to the natural world, and venerate the souls of all living beings. As a Gnostic, I tend to regard the Holy Spirit in the feminine, as Sophia. Given this, I think I would likely fall into some definitions of "Christopagan," even if I wouldn't use the label myself.

I'm also here because I love to read about paganism and learn about different paths from practitioners themselves. This is an opportunity to share what I know, and to learn from others as well.

InXC.

Welcome Michael! You sound like a pretty interesting guy! :)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 09:58:10 am »

InXC.

Welcome to The Cauldron, Michael!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

meikstefan

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 03:50:18 am »
I'm a Gnostic by theology, by way of syncretizing Catholicism with tantric Shaivism, though I appear to be Catholic by culture and practice, expressing my faith in a pretty traditional, sacramental manner despite not being "orthodox."

Since I can't edit my post, I'll make an addition here. I've spent the time since my conversion to Gnosticism (which occured long before my acceptance of Jesus, personally) in prayer and reflection on what I really believe and what I feel best expresses God as I know him. While Gnosticism was probably necessary for me to return to Christianity, I've returned to an orthodox, mostly-Catholic understanding of Christian theology. Gnostic cosmology, with regard to the demiurge, is a useful allegory for the corruption of man, but I don't believe in it in a literal sense (I don't think I ever did, though I did color my approach to Christian theology with Hindu philosophy). The last few weeks have been a continual process of weeding out these old beliefs and embracing Christ as I knew him long ago, when I first started ministry. The only difference between then and now is that I've grown in understanding, both toward my own beliefs and toward those of others, and have come to a deeper love of God. Interfaith work remains very important to me.

I want to thank everyone for your kind replies. Hopefully, I'm not too out of place here should I decide to contribute in any way. If I do, it will most likely be on the magic-related forums.

InXC.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 11:16:01 pm »

InXC.

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: