+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Adept Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Mar 2017 @ 06:32 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    tree-hugging neopagan

? 2014's Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice ?

Will there be a 2014 version of Up All Night: A Technopagan Winter Solstice?

Of course there will!

For those of you who may be wondering what the heck I'm talking about...

Each year on the December solstice--that's the winter solstice (longest night of the year) in the northern hemisphere--many of us here at the Cauldron, of various paths and inclinations, celebrate by passing all or part of the long night together. We "gather" electronically here in a special thread created just for that night, and/or in chat, and rally each other to stay up all night.

It's a lot of fast-moving, random fun (esp. in the wee hours, when we're all loopy from sleep-deprivation), with absolutely no requirement to tough it out for the whole night; come as you are, come for a minute, come for the long haul...but come and join us!

And yes, you sun-basking, warmth-savoring southern hemisphere inhabitants (where it's the summer solstice) are welcome, too. (Just don't be surprised if we northerners are totally envious.)

TC's hosts, Randall & Lyric, have graciously offered us this cyber-space for our gathering again this year, so it's on for the evening beginning at sunset on Sunday, December 21. And in an astronomical double-whammy, the solstice and the new moon coincide that night, so get ready to tap some major low-ebb-of-the-cycle mojo.

This year's non-theme? (Up All Night is very unstructured; we report on the progress of night from our locale, swap recipes--chocolate mug cake!--trade stories, share videos, music, or other links found on the web...anything goes, within the usual forum rules, of course. But each year we try to think of an organizing theme that can be readily ignored; hence, a "non-theme".) I'm proposing--

"Home Is Where the Heart(h) Is"

--tell us about/show us your home, or where you'd like to make your home, share something that makes you feel at home...you get the idea.

What do you guys think of the non-theme? Any better ideas? And more importantly, who's planning to join us for Up All Night?

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    missgraceless is on a distinguished road missgraceless's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic mix of beliefs with Buddhist leanings
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: ? 2014's Up All Night: A Technopagan Winter Solstice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Will there be a 2014 version of Up All Night: A Technopagan Winter Solstice?

Of course there will!

For those of you who may be wondering what the heck I'm talking about...

Each year on the December solstice--that's the winter solstice (longest night of the year) in the northern hemisphere--many of us here at the Cauldron, of various paths and inclinations, celebrate by passing all or part of the long night together. We "gather" electronically here in a special thread created just for that night, and/or in chat, and rally each other to stay up all night.

It's a lot of fast-moving, random fun (esp. in the wee hours, when we're all loopy from sleep-deprivation), with absolutely no requirement to tough it out for the whole night; come as you are, come for a minute, come for the long haul...but come and join us!

And yes, you sun-basking, warmth-savoring southern hemisphere inhabitants (where it's the summer solstice) are welcome, too. (Just don't be surprised if we northerners are totally envious.)

TC's hosts, Randall & Lyric, have graciously offered us this cyber-space for our gathering again this year, so it's on for the evening beginning at sunset on Sunday, December 21. And in an astronomical double-whammy, the solstice and the new moon coincide that night, so get ready to tap some major low-ebb-of-the-cycle mojo.

This year's non-theme? (Up All Night is very unstructured; we report on the progress of night from our locale, swap recipes--chocolate mug cake!--trade stories, share videos, music, or other links found on the web...anything goes, within the usual forum rules, of course. But each year we try to think of an organizing theme that can be readily ignored; hence, a "non-theme".) I'm proposing--

"Home Is Where the Heart(h) Is"

--tell us about/show us your home, or where you'd like to make your home, share something that makes you feel at home...you get the idea.

What do you guys think of the non-theme? Any better ideas? And more importantly, who's planning to join us for Up All Night?
    I'm down as long as I don't have work Monday. My boyfriend mind kill me though. I'll have to let him know beforehand.
    "Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." ~ Morticia Addams

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Amphibian will become famous soon enough Amphibian will become famous soon enough Amphibian's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Druid in training

it's that time again already? WOO. Count me in, to be sure.

*ponders the merits of doing a fall cleaning to prepare*

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree FriendsTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Nyktipolos is a splendid one to behold Nyktipolos is a splendid one to behold Nyktipolos is a splendid one to behold Nyktipolos is a splendid one to behold Nyktipolos is a splendid one to behold Nyktipolos is a splendid one to behold Nyktipolos's Avatar
    Last Online
    3 Sep 2016 @ 12:07 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    polytheist
    Pronouns
    they/their

I had a momentary heart attack when I saw the ?'s and thought OH GOD ARE WE NOT DOING IT THIS YEAR? And then I read the actual post.

I'm down! I'm on break at that point so I will be trying to enjoy the most that I can out of it before returning to classes with an increased workload. Eep!

Don't have any suggestions for a theme, but I think that one is pretty good.

I will also be attempting The Great Chocolate Mug Cake Experiment as we have a new microwave and need to figure out how long to cook it for for Optimal Cakey Goodness.
    "Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
    On the Rivers

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
    Castus has a spectacular aura about Castus has a spectacular aura about Castus has a spectacular aura about Castus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Daoism! A religion Castus hasn't tried yet! :D

And more importantly, who's planning to join us for Up All Night?
    I am! Never done one, time to change that.
    No masters or kings when the ritual begins
    There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin
    In the madness and soil of that sad earthly scene
    Only then I am human
    Only then I am clean

Adept Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair's Avatar
    Last Online
    22 Mar 2017 @ 06:32 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    tree-hugging neopagan

Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    I am! Never done one, time to change that.
    Excellent! (Replying to Castus, but also to Nyktipolos, Amphibian, and Missgraceless.)

I know Sunday night will be a lot harder than last year's Saturday night (for M-F 9-5ers, anyway), but remember, one doesn't have to go the whole distance...though it's a weird kind of grueling fun for those of us who do!

Staff Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassThree FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Devotee of Cernunnos; Gaulo-Norse Polytheist; shapeshifter, Road Witch, hitchhiking alchemist
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zirs

I'm in! My goal for this year is to actually stay up the whole night, dangit!

I don't have a better theme. I'm just excited. (Like Nykti, I freaked out for a second when I saw the question marks. Thank the gods we're having one this year. It wouldn't be Solstice without it).
    "Own Your Own Fluff" - SunflowerP
    "We've got to trust that everybody is the best authority of their own life experience." - Faemon
    Cerulean Cervines - (religious tumblog)
    Ramblings of a Road Witch
    - (roadwork blog)
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Journeyman Achievements:
    Queen of Wands is on a distinguished road Queen of Wands's Avatar
    Last Online
    26 Apr 2016 @ 08:55 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    taoist witch

And more importantly, who's planning to join us for Up All Night?

me! I'm far more excited about the Solstice than I am about Thanksgiving or even Christmas! That new moon is going to be delicious

Journeyman Achievements:
    Amphibian will become famous soon enough Amphibian will become famous soon enough Amphibian's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Druid in training

Excellent! (Replying to Castus, but also to Nyktipolos, Amphibian, and Missgraceless.)

I know Sunday night will be a lot harder than last year's Saturday night (for M-F 9-5ers, anyway), but remember, one doesn't have to go the whole distance...though it's a weird kind of grueling fun for those of us who do!
    ...just looked at the calendar and realized that the 21st is a Sunday.

: ponders taking that Monday off work:
    Last edited by SunflowerP; 4 Nov 2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: making unintentional emoticon vanish

Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupCreated Album picturesOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Religious Witchcraft
    Pronouns
    sie/hir/hirs

I am. I've been an enthusiastic part of this from the beginning, and it's become an important part of my personal religious year. (And for those of you who get anxious about whether it might not happen sometime: if ever Altair can't do it, I will - as I believe I've said on a number of occasions.)

The non-theme sounds good to me!

Sunflower
    Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    I do so have a life. I just live part of it online.
    “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
    to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
    "Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
    My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast