collapse

Author Topic: Hello from Brooklyn, NY  (Read 929 times)

The Goat Eater

Hello from Brooklyn, NY
« on: October 30, 2014, 05:47:01 pm »
Hello all,

I've lurked a bit in the past, but have never posted. I suppose I fell out of the forum form when FB seemed to have taken it down a peg, but I have been introduced to many good people, and interesting avenues, which I would never have known of, through internet forums, dealing with anything from music, to wine, to a myriad of subjects related to the occult, witchcraft and other subjects, that have held my interest, for a very long time.

I'm a 39 year old man, who lives in Brooklyn, NY. I'm a painter, sound artist, I've run a very small record label since 1999, and I've manage a wine store for quite some time.

Though I may have spent the majority of my 20s pursuing the knowledge of "high magic", through the GD/OTO and adjacent systems, I've always had a pull to more earth bound traditions. My family raised me Roman Catholic, in an all Italian household, and always seemed to be a little more pagan than even they know.

My first books on witchcraft were by Sybil Leek, that I purchased from a local bookseller, in my home town, back in 1986 or '87, and I was hooked on anything to do with hidden knowledge, from that moment forward.

I've never really done anything biblically-miraculous, but I've learned to consistently be a better man, lead a virtuous life, and treat the people and things around me with respect and reverence.

Anyhow, I look forward to reading what you all have to say.

I O Pan
Anthony

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello from Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:42:54 pm »
Quote from: The Goat Eater;163891
Hello all,

I've lurked a bit in the past, but have never posted. I suppose I fell out of the forum form when FB seemed to have taken it down a peg, but I have been introduced to many good people, and interesting avenues, which I would never have known of, through internet forums, dealing with anything from music, to wine, to a myriad of subjects related to the occult, witchcraft and other subjects, that have held my interest, for a very long time.

I'm a 39 year old man, who lives in Brooklyn, NY. I'm a painter, sound artist, I've run a very small record label since 1999, and I've manage a wine store for quite some time.

Though I may have spent the majority of my 20s pursuing the knowledge of "high magic", through the GD/OTO and adjacent systems, I've always had a pull to more earth bound traditions. My family raised me Roman Catholic, in an all Italian household, and always seemed to be a little more pagan than even they know.

My first books on witchcraft were by Sybil Leek, that I purchased from a local bookseller, in my home town, back in 1986 or '87, and I was hooked on anything to do with hidden knowledge, from that moment forward.

I've never really done anything biblically-miraculous, but I've learned to consistently be a better man, lead a virtuous life, and treat the people and things around me with respect and reverence.

I O Pan
Anthony

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 11:20:55 am »

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:52:51 am »
Hello all,

I O Pan
Anthony

Welcome to TC :)
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Tags: