Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Author Topic: Notifications for Quotes & Replies  (Read 3056 times)

Ingo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Notifications for Quotes & Replies
« on: October 30, 2014, 11:02:59 am »
Is there a button or something I can activate so I can tell if a post of mine has been quoted or replied to? At the moment I have to go into each thread I’ve posted in to find out, which is okay at the moment for I haven’t posted much so far, but I can’t see that sometime in the future this would become cumbersome.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Notifications for Quotes & Replies
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 11:17:16 am »
Quote from: Ingo;163863
Is there a button or something I can activate so I can tell if a post of mine has been quoted or replied to? At the moment I have to go into each thread I’ve posted in to find out, which is okay at the moment for I haven’t posted much so far, but I can’t see that sometime in the future this would become cumbersome.

Not specifically for replies to your posts in particular, no. But in the 'thread tools' dropdown above the posts in the thread, there is an option to subscribe to the thread, which means you'll get a notification when something new has been added to that thread. (If you make use of this, you'll likely want to unsubscribe - I think that'd be in the same place, though I'm not sure - when the discussion tapers off or is no longer interesting.)

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

random417

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:29:25 am »
Quote from: Ingo;163863
The setting is still here on tapatalk for mobile, but I don't have it on, so I don't know if it works.

Under settings/notification settings

I'll turn mine on, and if you quote me in a reply, I'll let you know if it works. Of course, it would only work on mobile and tab,  through the tapatalk app, but it would be something.
"Let it be that state of manyhood bound and loathing. So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is in every way perfect."

AL 1:42-44

Ingo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 01:43:24 pm »
Quote from: random417;163868

I'll turn mine on, and if you quote me in a reply, I'll let you know if it works. Of course, it would only work on mobile and tab,  through the tapatalk app, but it would be something.

Whassup?

random417

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 01:44:09 pm »
Does work on Tapatalk, it notified me. Hope that helps
"Let it be that state of manyhood bound and loathing. So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is in every way perfect."

Ingo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 01:58:05 pm »
Quote from: random417;163877
Does work on Tapatalk, it notified me. Hope that helps

I don’t know what Tapatalk is – I’m a bit of a technophobe. :o

random417

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »
Quote from: Ingo;163878
I don’t know what Tapatalk is – I’m a bit of a technophobe. :o
Tapatalk is an app for smart phones. Most of the time I'm on here through that. If you have a smartphone, it might be worth looking at, if only for notifications

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 12:21:22 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;163865
Not specifically for replies to your posts in particular, no. But in the 'thread tools' dropdown above the posts in the thread, there is an option to subscribe to the thread

Another way where subscriptions can be set as default:
  • Click the Settings header in the top right, next to Log Out and My Profile and Notifications.
  • In the left column, in the My Settings box, click the General Settings button.
  • In the second section of the main frame, "Messaging and Notifications," there is dropdown for Default Thread Subscription Mode.  You can set it to receive various emails when a thread is posted in, or you can choose "Through my control panel only."
  • If you choose to go through the control panel, threads you post in with unread posts will show up on the main Settings page you went through in the first step.  I don't know if they're also there if you get email notifications.
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

Ingo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 02:46:46 am »
Quote from: drekfletch;163906

Thanks for that, Drekfletch.
I'm still getting familiar with the forum and the layout; and if this forum is for me.

Tags: