Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Magickal Object - but I don't know what to do with it!  (Read 4285 times)

MsMarple

• View Profile
Magickal Object - but I don't know what to do with it!
« on: October 29, 2014, 08:03:59 am »
Dear All,

The atmosphere in my home of late has been rather heavy and dark, so on Sunday morning I woke up with the intention of casting a "light" spell.  I ventured out to an antique market, immediately found some crystal prisms - and knew exactly that they were meant for me.  

Then, we wandered a bit farther, and my eyes fell on a gorgeous little compass in a bronze case with a green center stone - and I HAD TO HAVE IT.  I walked away from it 3x, but the compass kept calling me back.  

Thing is - I haven't a CLUE what to do with is, and internet queries on the magickal use of a compass lead me to computer programming languages.  I know that this object has something to do with helping me to fix my direction, keep me on the right path, clear the way for me.... but I am clueless of what to do with it after I've consecrated it.  

Does anyone have any experience with using compasses, or any knowledge of how to use one when working a spell?  Perhaps, like my loadstone, I consecrate it and simply allow it to sit on my altar as an energetic force?  

Thanks!

Elementalist

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Magickal Object - but I don't know what to do with it!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 06:20:09 pm »
Quote from: MsMarple;163769

Does anyone have any experience with using compasses, or any knowledge of how to use one when working a spell?  Perhaps, like my loadstone, I consecrate it and simply allow it to sit on my altar as an energetic force?  

Thanks!

Feng Shui is where you want to look for idea's. It's all about geomancy. Have you tested the compass to see if it does point true north or if it's off?

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:53:51 am »
Quote from: Elementalist;163812
Have you tested the compass to see if it does point true north or if it's off?

Compasses don't point to 'true' north in any case; they point to magnetic north.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

MsMarple

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:19:32 am »
Quote from: Elementalist;163812
Feng Shui is where you want to look for idea's. It's all about geomancy. Have you tested the compass to see if it does point true north or if it's off?

All I can find about geomancy is using it for divination (which is actually something I've learned to generally avoid except for the occasional IChing toss.)

The compass, as far as I can tell, is accurate, though I doubt it's of the quality one would use for science :).

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 08:40:59 pm »
Dear All,

The atmosphere in my home of late has been rather heavy and dark, so on Sunday morning I woke up with the intention of casting a "light" spell.  I ventured out to an antique market, immediately found some crystal prisms - and knew exactly that they were meant for me.  

Then, we wandered a bit farther, and my eyes fell on a gorgeous little compass in a bronze case with a green center stone - and I HAD TO HAVE IT.  I walked away from it 3x, but the compass kept calling me back.  

Thing is - I haven't a CLUE what to do with is, and internet queries on the magickal use of a compass lead me to computer programming languages.  I know that this object has something to do with helping me to fix my direction, keep me on the right path, clear the way for me.... but I am clueless of what to do with it after I've consecrated it.  

Thanks!

Maybe the compass is meant to be used to help you place your crystal prisms in the correct locations in your home to bring about a specific type of positive change?

Here's a link that might give you some ideas on the type of info to look for: http://crystalwellbeing.co.uk/crystalhealing/healhome.php

I can't vouch for the info on that particular site but amazon.com does have some highly rated books on the subject. Hopefully another TC member that has actual experience working with crystals and crystal grids in the home will chime in.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Elementalist

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 03:23:40 am »
Quote from: MsMarple;163844
All I can find about geomancy is using it for divination (which is actually something I've learned to generally avoid except for the occasional IChing toss.)

Feng Shui is geomancy not used for divination. More to move the energies of the earth for good fortune. That's what I was leaning to mostly. I agree geomancy seems to be a quiet subject in the western tradition and restricted to water dousing. Feng Shui can seem like an entirely difficult and complicated subject but many authors have simplified it's principles for easier understanding and application. There are many schools, some use a compass for orientating the layout of home and rooms and others use relative position instead.

If we look at the compass and crystals together, it could well indeed be for placing those crystals for best effect in your home according to Feng Shui principles. The interesting thing about it is that it has roots in magick, psychology and science. Feng Shui can really be explained either way.

I've had trouble feeling at home in my current residence. It always seemed like it was a place I'd dumped my stuff rather than a home. The result was feeling very anxious here and having problems with my landlords. Once I rearranged some simple things with Feng Shui the entire energy of the place has changed. My bed is in the north east corner of the home (the place of spiritual development) and I find I lucid dream here very well and effectively.

I also placed a shower curtain over my shower and keep it drawn except when I am using it. It created a more friendly atmosphere in the home. My cat no longer feels the need to religiously guard me whenever I am in there. It seems odd but little changes make a huge difference.

The hearth in the living room is now decorated with all my little knick nacks making my energy the centre of the home. When you think about it, it's quite logical. Have fun. ;)

WizardryWisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 11:14:02 am »
Dear All,

Thanks!

Sometimes the gem is not what is inside the container, its the container itself that is the prize. Meditate on the usefulness of the bronze case and see if you can be enlightened of the purpose and "direction" to go with it.

Tags: