Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Magical envy.  (Read 27748 times)

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: Male
Re: Magical envy.
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2014, 12:17:14 pm »
Quote from: Thrak;165761
Really? Cool.

Sure:
He came to me in my dreams when i was going through a rough time and he never left.
He still talks in my head sometimes. And hes in my book.

He is blond, thin framed, bowl cut, slender face, pudgy nose, clear bright blue eyes, a wavey type of walking, a boyish type of talking and he listens without judgement.
Athletic, nimble, agile and very high spirited.
Big heart, empathic and he knows a lot about boys. (He likes boys/guys)
PS:This thread is a disaster, just like the "pagan" speech in part 2 of my books. LOL

'
.........a new realm that will not be ruled by force, but by balance"
"In balance with nature, ourselves, and the Lord and the Lady!"
"We will bring balance to the world, and show that this war must end, before it ends us, and turns mother earth into a burned corpse"
"But will not let that happen, we will turn her into the jewel she deserves to be, with no more sacrifices, no more people burning, and no more other needless acts of bloody terror and violence!"
"And when all is said and done we shall be in unity with the father and the mother, until the next great cycle, when all shall be made anew!"
Kinda meh..... :p
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:18:09 pm by Thrak »

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2014, 12:20:17 pm »
Quote from: Thrak;165802
PS:This thread is a disaster, just like the "pagan" speech in part 2 of my books. LOL

'
Kinda meh..... :p

??

I'm wondering what you meant by that...
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2014, 12:22:44 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;165803
??

The speech is not really pagan enough to.....
I think.....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:24:30 pm by Thrak »

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2014, 12:23:04 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;165803
??

Well iam losing track of what i am trying to say....... :o
*Chaotic mind*

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2014, 07:31:52 am »
Quote from: Thrak;165759
MY imagenary best friend/thought form says it will pass though.....

(Sorry for just being touch-and-go last time.)

Anyway, was he right? Does he say it's just a matter of time, or does he have some idea for you to achieve what you want or need?
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 21, 2014, 10:59:38 am »
Quote from: Faemon;165837
(Sorry for just being touch-and-go last time.)

Anyway, was he right? Does he say it's just a matter of time, or does he have some idea for you to achieve what you want or need?

(Its ok, you probably think things through more than me)

He says that i am so filled with fear and confusion when i think about nature i can only see the bad sides, and i fear being the prey so much i avoid the whole thing.
Even in a methaphorical sense.

No idea what he was talking about iam no psychologist.

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 21, 2014, 11:51:59 am »
Quote from: Thrak;165846
(Its ok, you probably think things through more than me)

He says that i am so filled with fear and confusion when i think about nature i can only see the bad sides, and i fear being the prey so much i avoid the whole thing.
Even in a methaphorical sense.

No idea what he was talking about iam no psychologist.

PS:

LOL

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2014, 01:24:47 pm »
Quote from: Thrak;165853
PS:

LOL

Annyways i will leave you be and spare you my obsession with Red pentagrams and strange spn like symbols. :p

riverstone

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2014, 11:58:20 pm »
Quote from: Thrak;163449
(My beliefs list is almost done, but i think this has to come first)

As you all may know, i am extremely jealous at those who are born with a talent for a magical skill that i have been trying to develop for years now.
Those people who get things down on their first attempt.
And years i still believe that its unfair that despite all my efforts i got nothing while i saw others do things without much effort at all.

But enough of my reasoning!
................................................. ................................................. ............

My question would be:
How do you get over this?

Accept you are less skilled and significant than them?

(For me this is not helping, it only damages my low self esteem when it comes to magic further, making me beyond furious and depressed and making me FEEL dominated by them, and it makes me FEEL like i am somehow created as a lower being)  

Try to find my skills on my own?
(I have some but most seem very dark and filled with negative energy)

Or what?
I tried looking online but could find nothing usefull, and i am certain i am not the only one with this problem so this may help others as well.
:)

I think the reason some people feel jealousy is because they think that others are born into some magical wonderland of success and happiness, or because they think the only way to their goals is through magickal power. You also have things like cunning, patience, and charisma at your disposal, and if you want to be connected to things outside immediate perception you don't need raw power and success. Nature, for one, will not turn its nose up at your intentions, ideas, and qualities because of any level of magickal skill. You have a journey of immense personal significance (and interpersonal, if you're working with others or with deities).

When you're born into magick or with one foot outside of the norm, you don't think, "Wow! I have so much potential to summon awesome beings and make people do what I want. Life is going to be a cake walk and everyone will admire me."

You think, "I really wish I'd stop getting sick, I really wish I didn't remember these uncomfortable things about myself, and I really wish I could just relate to my peers."

Some people balance themselves earlier, and some later after a lot of unhappiness. I think it's similar to how people envy geniuses despite the fact there are many who are also living with things like autism or who have immense difficulties relating to others and forming social connections. They think its some kind of shortcut to being respected, successful, or worthwhile. People would go far with just a keen sense for business, a little charm, and an eye for opportunity, all perfectly ordinary things used in the right way. Farther even than some people with genius IQs I've talked to who are getting medicated out of their minds just to be functional, because breaking the mold did not come without a price.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:00:34 am by riverstone »

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 24, 2014, 12:20:31 pm »
Quote from: riverstone;166019
I think the reason some people feel jealousy is because they think that others are born into some magical wonderland of success and happiness, or because they think the only way to their goals is through magickal power. You also have things like cunning, patience, and charisma at your disposal, and if you want to be connected to things outside immediate perception you don't need raw power and success. Nature, for one, will not turn its nose up at your intentions, ideas, and qualities because of any level of magickal skill. You have a journey of immense personal significance (and interpersonal, if you're working with others or with deities).

When you're born into magick or with one foot outside of the norm, you don't think, "Wow! I have so much potential to summon awesome beings and make people do what I want. Life is going to be a cake walk and everyone will admire me."

You think, "I really wish I'd stop getting sick, I really wish I didn't remember these uncomfortable things about myself, and I really wish I could just relate to my peers."

Some people balance themselves earlier, and some later after a lot of unhappiness. I think it's similar to how people envy geniuses despite the fact there are many who are also living with things like autism or who have immense difficulties relating to others and forming social connections. They think its some kind of shortcut to being respected, successful, or worthwhile. People would go far with just a keen sense for business, a little charm, and an eye for opportunity, all perfectly ordinary things used in the right way. Farther even than some people with genius IQs I've talked to who are getting medicated out of their minds just to be functional, because breaking the mold did not come without a price.

Not really, i just want some damn respect.
More than just a disposable cell in a big organism so to speak......

And i want to escape this strange world of crazy gender roles and empty faiths. (At least in my country)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:22:13 pm by Thrak »

riverstone

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 24, 2014, 12:58:52 pm »
Quote from: Thrak;166039
Not really, i just want some damn respect.
More than just a disposable cell in a big organism so to speak......

And i want to escape this strange world of crazy gender roles and empty faiths. (At least in my country)

Why do you think it would make you not "disposable"? We've moved on from all the great kings and queens of the past; such a person would just be part of the flow of life all the same. It doesn't matter where you come from or where you're going when it comes to dying, turning to dust, and having the world move on to the next thing. That's actually a very common struggle, though: fearing insignificance. People make their peace with it in their own ways.

Right now I think more people know the name of Stephen King than any of the great magicians of the past, more people love Justin Bieber, and more people respect Stephen Hawking. Every writer, musician, and scientist has to look to them (or similar) and decide how they feel about the significance of their work in comparison. I've met a couple of pretty talented people, and wouldn't you know... they still get to have such mundane things as relationship problems. As for them being disposable, the world would happily chew them up and spit them out for a good drama before finding a new idol.

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2014, 01:39:20 pm »
Quote from: riverstone;166042
Why do you think it would make you not "disposable"? We've moved on from all the great kings and queens of the past; such a person would just be part of the flow of life all the same. It doesn't matter where you come from or where you're going when it comes to dying, turning to dust, and having the world move on to the next thing. That's actually a very common struggle, though: fearing insignificance. People make their peace with it in their own ways.

Right now I think more people know the name of Stephen King than any of the great magicians of the past, more people love Justin Bieber, and more people respect Stephen Hawking. Every writer, musician, and scientist has to look to them (or similar) and decide how they feel about the significance of their work in comparison. I've met a couple of pretty talented people, and wouldn't you know... they still get to have such mundane things as relationship problems. As for them being disposable, the world would happily chew them up and spit them out for a good drama before finding a new idol.

I mean in a spiritual way.
My soul.

I always get treated like a insignificant loser that knows nothing and should be a subserviant altar boy when i talk to others who practice magic.
Like iam the pagan jon snow.....
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:40:05 pm by Thrak »

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 25, 2014, 12:11:21 am »
Quote from: Thrak;166044
I mean in a spiritual way. My soul.

I always get treated like a insignificant loser that knows nothing and should be a subserviant altar boy when i talk to others who practice magic.
Like iam the pagan jon snow.....

It sounds as though you've lost your personal sovereignty, especially the intangible aspect. If you lost it through magic, then you've regained it through magic. If you were so successful in developing your magic, though, then why does that wound in sovereignty still hurt? Perhaps magic remains in a separate box from mundane consideration and courtesy. You can fulfill one, but the other remains empty, even though both contribute to empowerment.

While I'm not saying that you should never speak up about the way things "should" be when they're wrong, the fact is that you cannot control other people. If you're lucky, you'll find a group of people who can treat you with respect just because it's natural to them. Or you can find a group of people who you can earn respect from. But if you continue to encounter people who condescend to you, then their behavior is not something that you can change: that is their responsibility.

Of course that's not good: that it's the downtrodden people who are in the only position to notice what is wrong with the world, that it's wounded and ill and traumatized people who barely have the energy that must do the most work to make the changes to the world that are needed in a do-or-die desperation. And smug, privileged, lucky people can continue with their solipsistic belief that nothing is wrong and nothing needs to change, that they must never be taken to task for anything, and have never hurt anybody, and if somebody complains that it's the complainer's problem. But refusing to recognize this situation means that you refuse to take more than one step, the first step, towards even possibly breaking out of this bad spot. The second step is up to you, but I just can't help but notice that the first step for you is taking a long time to run its course. Well, everybody has their own emotional metabolism.

Oh, and Jon Snow is awesome. The thing is, he didn't know a lot about like wargs and giants. Everybody has something to learn, and if the learning space is made unsafe by condescending people, then we can either recognize that they have their own demons that they're taking out on others, or that the vetting process is actually going to be that harsh and to go somewhere else. The most ill-advised thing to do is pretend to know everything just so that they back down. Maybe that can work, as a stop-gap measure, or for longer than that if you're lucky. But as I said, other people are so unpredictable that it's just more practical to release any attachment we'd have to their behavior--if possible, and that can at least be likely if you don't have to see them so often anymore.
Spoiler:  
Also the Song of Ice and Fire might secretly be all about Jon. He might have a spot in a prophecy about who Danerys is going to ride over to Westeros with, and have Targaryen blood from his possible father Rhaegar with his mother possibly being Lyanna Stark. Fire and Ice. Ice and Fire. See? All that is if Jon didn't die like Julius Caesar at the end of A Dance With Dragons, though.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 25, 2014, 11:47:37 am »
Quote from: Faemon;166072
It sounds as though you've lost your personal sovereignty, especially the intangible aspect. If you lost it through magic, then you've regained it through magic. If you were so successful in developing your magic, though, then why does that wound in sovereignty still hurt? Perhaps magic remains in a separate box from mundane consideration and courtesy. You can fulfill one, but the other remains empty, even though both contribute to empowerment.

While I'm not saying that you should never speak up about the way things "should" be when they're wrong, the fact is that you cannot control other people. If you're lucky, you'll find a group of people who can treat you with respect just because it's natural to them. Or you can find a group of people who you can earn respect from. But if you continue to encounter people who condescend to you, then their behavior is not something that you can change: that is their responsibility.

Of course that's not good: that it's the downtrodden people who are in the only position to notice what is wrong with the world, that it's wounded and ill and traumatized people who barely have the energy that must do the most work to make the changes to the world that are needed in a do-or-die desperation. And smug, privileged, lucky people can continue with their solipsistic belief that nothing is wrong and nothing needs to change, that they must never be taken to task for anything, and have never hurt anybody, and if somebody complains that it's the complainer's problem. But refusing to recognize this situation means that you refuse to take more than one step, the first step, towards even possibly breaking out of this bad spot. The second step is up to you, but I just can't help but notice that the first step for you is taking a long time to run its course. Well, everybody has their own emotional metabolism.

Oh, and Jon Snow is awesome. The thing is, he didn't know a lot about like wargs and giants. Everybody has something to learn, and if the learning space is made unsafe by condescending people, then we can either recognize that they have their own demons that they're taking out on others, or that the vetting process is actually going to be that harsh and to go somewhere else. The most ill-advised thing to do is pretend to know everything just so that they back down. Maybe that can work, as a stop-gap measure, or for longer than that if you're lucky. But as I said, other people are so unpredictable that it's just more practical to release any attachment we'd have to their behavior--if possible, and that can at least be likely if you don't have to see them so often anymore.
Spoiler:  
Also the Song of Ice and Fire might secretly be all about Jon. He might have a spot in a prophecy about who Danerys is going to ride over to Westeros with, and have Targaryen blood from his possible father Rhaegar with his mother possibly being Lyanna Stark. Fire and Ice. Ice and Fire. See? All that is if Jon didn't die like Julius Caesar at the end of A Dance With Dragons, though.

Thanks for the advice and i hope so to.
I think it resulted in my power hungry side though.....

PS: I dont really like the Song of Ice and Fire
Stannis is cool, but the rest are mostly jerks.

And all cute sensitive guys die....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:49:54 am by Thrak »

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 27, 2014, 10:46:01 am »
Quote from: Thrak;166108
Thanks for the advice and i hope so to.
I think it resulted in my power hungry side though.....

PS: I dont really like the Song of Ice and Fire
Stannis is cool, but the rest are mostly jerks.

And all cute sensitive guys die....

I desire power because it makes me feel spiritualy safe i guess.

Tags: