Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Slavic pagan traditions...resources?  (Read 5549 times)

Revenant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Slavic pagan traditions...resources?
« on: October 25, 2014, 11:48:20 am »
An interesting thing happened to me today. I stumbled upon one of the many "pagan tradition selector" quizzes out there and decided that I would take the quiz for fun (I was kind of bored this morning). After answering 20+ questions, my results stated that I was a 100% match for Slavic pagan traditions. While I generally have no real faith in these quizzes to determine what faith/path a person should be following, I find them to be sometimes useful in suggesting traditions that I wouldn't have thought to look at on my own. The interesting thing about this (to me, anyway) is that my about half of my ethnic origins are Western Slavic (Polish)...a fact that I have largely ignored throughout all my years of research and practice. So now I'm curious as to what is involved in these traditions. I was hoping someone here might have some recommendations on books or other resources on the more traditional aspects of Polish pagan traditions (folklore, customs, etc.) that I could start with. Thanks for any and all help!
"When I have a terrible need of - shall I say the word - religion, then I go out and paint the stars."  ~Vincent Van Gogh~

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Re: Slavic pagan traditions...resources?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 11:54:40 am »
Quote from: Revenant;163425
An interesting thing happened to me today. I stumbled upon one of the many "pagan tradition selector" quizzes out there and decided that I would take the quiz for fun (I was kind of bored this morning). After answering 20+ questions, my results stated that I was a 100% match for Slavic pagan traditions. While I generally have no real faith in these quizzes to determine what faith/path a person should be following, I find them to be sometimes useful in suggesting traditions that I wouldn't have thought to look at on my own. The interesting thing about this (to me, anyway) is that my about half of my ethnic origins are Western Slavic (Polish)...a fact that I have largely ignored throughout all my years of research and practice. So now I'm curious as to what is involved in these traditions. I was hoping someone here might have some recommendations on books or other resources on the more traditional aspects of Polish pagan traditions (folklore, customs, etc.) that I could start with. Thanks for any and all help!

You might find this thread useful.
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Revenant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 12:31:55 pm »
Quote from: Raine;163426
You might find this thread useful.

Completely missed that...thanks Raine!
"When I have a terrible need of - shall I say the word - religion, then I go out and paint the stars."  ~Vincent Van Gogh~

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 05:38:06 pm »
Quote from: Revenant;163425

Theres actualy a specual interest group on the board for Baltic and Slavic paganism

Baltic and Slavic Paganism SIG

It doesn't get masses of traffic but It might be useful to read through its past posts, and questions asked there are probably more likely to be noticed and answered by people who can help
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Revenant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 06:40:40 pm »
Quote from: Jake_;163439
Theres actualy a specual interest group on the board for Baltic and Slavic paganism

Thanks Jake...I should have looked for one prior to my original post. It's been a long week. :o

Vuk_Velesov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 05:34:06 pm »

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 06:09:41 pm »
Quote from: Vuk_Velesov;189480

A Reminder:
Hi, Vuk_Velesov,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Vuk_Velesov

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 04:28:33 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;189484
A Reminder:
Hi, Vuk_Velesov,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff

Thanks for the reminder. I wanted to contribute, not replying to noone in particular. Didn't assume it is mandatory to reply to anyone if in line with the topic. :)

Chile48

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 06:31:12 pm »
Quote from: Vuk_Velesov;189480
I have found a compendium I like.
http://www.lulu.com/shop/dmitriy-kushnir/the-slavic-way/ebook/product-22615199.html

Hi there (posto su engleski forum verovatno ne tolerisu da pricamo na nasem)
I see you are from Serbia,how are you brother? :D

Vuk_Velesov

• View Profile

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 06:51:50 pm »
Quote from: Vuk_Velesov;193272

A Reminder:
Hi, Vuk_Velesov,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. If you click that link, it will take you to our quoting rules, which explain that quoting is mandatory in nearly all cases, and that things that count as general replies are rare.

Also, please use English as your standard posting language, or provide a translation. A brief greeting in response to another Serbian speaker would be fine to post in Serbian, but longer passages, or more general remarks such as your remark on your link, are not. TC is a primarily English-language forum, with speakers of many other languages using English as their common tongue, so most other people on the forum will not be able to understand your post or engage in discussion unless you post in English; as well, non-English posts mean that staff can't provide help, be aware of concerns expressed on the forum, or handle rule violations appropriately.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 07:00:30 pm »
Quote from: Vuk_Velesov;193272
http://www.telegraf.rs/zanimljivosti/1632150-28-jun-kao-sudbina-da-li-bog-svetovid-vec-hiljadu-godina-pokusava-nesto-da-kaze-srbima-foto-video

Свака глупост има своју логику.

Google Translate (link provided in case someone wants to put the article URL into it) says this means, 'Each stupidity has its own logic.'

Sunflower

Tags: