Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: No more lurking!  (Read 2741 times)

Roam

• View Profile
No more lurking!
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:37:38 am »
Hey there!

... I hung out in Chat yesterday as a Guest, but I decided to get around to actually creating an account and introducing myself. I call myself Roam, and I'm a Swedish girl of 22 years sitting around at home in the countryside when I'm not working as an intern in a local store. My life's pretty much in limbo right now since I'm more or less going through rehab after a long period of illness and other health issues, so I have more free time than I know how to productively spend.

I don't claim any religion as my own and didn't grow up with any specific teachings. We have a history of superstition in our family, however, so I've always kept my mind open to the possibilities (even though I did have a period of "haha, no, that's bollocks!"). The first time I consciously got in contact with Spirit was in the summer of 2007, and since then I've been actively exploring to get to know the world around me in a different way. And, of course, to rediscover and get to know myself, my origin and the shape of my soul.

For a short while, I counted myself among the Otherkin community. That didn't last for a very long time, though, as my beliefs and experiences didn't coincide with what the community stands for. My view of myself is that I'm not, in spirit, a human. I'm a spirit, as are we all, and that spirit is energy. Said spirit happens to prefer to take the form of a bird, resembling the form and behaviour of a phoenix, only with a white body and shifting rainbow-colored plumage (like light breaking through a prism). This bird is not my "species", but my "expression of self" where I am right now in my spiritual development. The bird is just as much "me" as the golden dust particles it occasionally dissolves into.

Throughout my explorations into the realms Beyond, I've come to a great deal of conclusions and realizations. I'm open-minded to other beliefs (and I'm not one to judge, right? ;) That'd be hypocritical) but I feel I have grown more confident in my beliefs over the past year or so.

... Also, I'm entirely self-taught. I'm still picking up terminology and the like as I go, but chances are I won't have any clue what you're talking about if you throw terms and names at me. At least not until you explain what it is, then I might recognize it. :)

I don't know what else to say. I'm really bad at talking about myself, but I can answer questions easily. So, if you wonder anything, feel free to poke me! And even if you don't, poke me. :) I love talking to people.

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: No more lurking!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 11:14:44 pm »
Quote from: Roam;163370
Hey there!

... I hung out in Chat yesterday as a Guest, but I decided to get around to actually creating an account and introducing myself. I call myself Roam, and I'm a Swedish girl of 22 years sitting around at home in the countryside when I'm not working as an intern in a local store. My life's pretty much in limbo right now since I'm more or less going through rehab after a long period of illness and other health issues, so I have more free time than I know how to productively spend.

I don't claim any religion as my own and didn't grow up with any specific teachings. We have a history of superstition in our family, however, so I've always kept my mind open to the possibilities (even though I did have a period of "haha, no, that's bollocks!"). The first time I consciously got in contact with Spirit was in the summer of 2007, and since then I've been actively exploring to get to know the world around me in a different way. And, of course, to rediscover and get to know myself, my origin and the shape of my soul.

For a short while, I counted myself among the Otherkin community. That didn't last for a very long time, though, as my beliefs and experiences didn't coincide with what the community stands for. My view of myself is that I'm not, in spirit, a human. I'm a spirit, as are we all, and that spirit is energy. Said spirit happens to prefer to take the form of a bird, resembling the form and behaviour of a phoenix, only with a white body and shifting rainbow-colored plumage (like light breaking through a prism). This bird is not my "species", but my "expression of self" where I am right now in my spiritual development. The bird is just as much "me" as the golden dust particles it occasionally dissolves into.

Throughout my explorations into the realms Beyond, I've come to a great deal of conclusions and realizations. I'm open-minded to other beliefs (and I'm not one to judge, right? ;) That'd be hypocritical) but I feel I have grown more confident in my beliefs over the past year or so.

... Also, I'm entirely self-taught. I'm still picking up terminology and the like as I go, but chances are I won't have any clue what you're talking about if you throw terms and names at me. At least not until you explain what it is, then I might recognize it. :)

I don't know what else to say. I'm really bad at talking about myself, but I can answer questions easily. So, if you wonder anything, feel free to poke me! And even if you don't, poke me. :) I love talking to people.

Hello dear and welcome! Nice to see you in here :)
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Roam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 04:52:23 pm »
Quote from: Voren;163400
Hello dear and welcome! Nice to see you in here :)

Hey! It's nice to be here. Still stalking the threads about but I don't know where to dive in yet. :)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 01:38:25 pm »
Quote from: Roam;163370

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: