collapse

Author Topic: A juniper branch appears  (Read 2781 times)

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
A juniper branch appears
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:12:53 am »
I'm not sure where to post this question, so if it's in the wrong place I apologize. Something weird happened yesterday. When I came home, I noticed a branch of juniper berries that appeared to be purposely placed on the deck in front of my back door. I have juniper bushes, but they are in the front yard and the branches are rather small. I thought it might be the yard crew, but they were not there yesterday.

Any ideas?

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: A juniper branch appears
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 10:35:31 am »
Quote from: Izzie414;163228

Izzie - I've changed the subject line of this so that it's more likely to get attention/responses.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 11:43:56 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;163235
Izzie - I've changed the subject line of this so that it's more likely to get attention/responses.

Sunflower

Thank you :)

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:32:37 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;163228
I'm not sure where to post this question, so if it's in the wrong place I apologize. Something weird happened yesterday. When I came home, I noticed a branch of juniper berries that appeared to be purposely placed on the deck in front of my back door. I have juniper bushes, but they are in the front yard and the branches are rather small. I thought it might be the yard crew, but they were not there yesterday.

Any ideas?

I don't know the neighborhood you live in or who might have access to your back door to even attempt a guess - but your story reminds me of my "Pineapple Incident" story (HIMYM, anyone?). I woke up one morning to find a Spanish seven day Jesus candle left outside my BEDROOM. I was living in an apartment with five other people, none of whom left me the candle or saw anyone breaking into our apartment to leave me the candle. Unsolved to this day. The candle smells awesome. True story.

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »
Quote from: Queen of Wands;163272
I don't know the neighborhood you live in or who might have access to your back door to even attempt a guess - but your story reminds me of my "Pineapple Incident" story (HIMYM, anyone?). I woke up one morning to find a Spanish seven day Jesus candle left outside my BEDROOM. I was living in an apartment with five other people, none of whom left me the candle or saw anyone breaking into our apartment to leave me the candle. Unsolved to this day. The candle smells awesome. True story.

Now that would have freaked me out! At least the candle smells good :)

My backyard is gated, and normally only deer hang out back there.

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;163273
Now that would have freaked me out! At least the candle smells good :)

My backyard is gated, and normally only deer hang out back there.

Are juniper branches common, or were your bushes personally planted? Because if there are deer, I'm assuming that there is a nearby forest of sorts that the deer come from and if the juniper is common, maybe a deer brought you a gift?

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:08:53 pm »
Quote from: Queen of Wands;163276
Are juniper branches common, or were your bushes personally planted? Because if there are deer, I'm assuming that there is a nearby forest of sorts that the deer come from and if the juniper is common, maybe a deer brought you a gift?

Juniper is not very plentiful in my yard, but I do live next to a state forest where more of it can be found. I did find a deer track in the back yard last week. I know they can jump 10' fences, and mine aren't that tall.

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;163284
Juniper is not very plentiful in my yard, (image)but I do live next to a state forest where more of it can be found. I did find a deer track in the back yard last week. I know they can jump 10' fences, and mine aren't that tall.

I've watched fawns jump six foot fences. It's extroardinary.

I was thinking maybe someone broke one off by accident, and so placed it there, but that's odd since it's at the back door. Maybe a deer or birb gift, bluejays bring me stuff sometimes (which is probably mundane, but still cool).

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 06:41:45 am »
Quote from: Scales;163322
I've watched fawns jump six foot fences. It's extroardinary.

I was thinking maybe someone broke one off by accident, and so placed it there, but that's odd since it's at the back door. Maybe a deer or birb gift, bluejays bring me stuff sometimes (which is probably mundane, but still cool).

That's pretty neat. I love bluejays :)

I'm going to say this is a good omen or just mundane. Either way it's awesome.

Tags: