Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Is this normal ?  (Read 1111 times)

Bees99

• View Profile
Is this normal ?
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »
So i really hope i dont sound like a nutter right now but i need to know!

Ok so my ex got me into pagan-ism / spirtualitity. He used to say he could see spirits only parts of some though. He told me a few things and for some reason i belived him flat out. I grew up HC ( Hardcore christian ) But i always had strong disbelif in it. It didnt feel right that there was only ONE god it wasnt right. Anyway i remember the first day he told me i went to the store. Now fred meyers has a nice cooling system and it was nice inside prolly 73 deg F or so. I was standing somewhere looking at something for about 10 mins when i started to get really hot. Sweating all of it. i felt something nudging me impatiently almost like a bored hound. Being as i was with gram at the time i asked her to feel my head i was deadly hot i mean i was beat red she wanted to go right to the ER !She put me right under a cooling vent that was jetting out super cold air. None of which seemed to touch me or have any effect.  She  got some water nice and cold, but it didnt work. So i asked my ex, Via text to tell the spirits to chill the freak out.

Once he did i was fine. within minutes i was perfect. After that odd experience i was more a beliver i think it got solid when suddenly started hearing them talking it was like being in there daily life 24-7. I couldnt turn it off. One day i asked them who they were and tried to find the truth. It took a lot of freaking signs from them... ( yeah i was needy ... :o ) anyway it took alot but finally i seen the truth and accepted it. it's still a bit much to hear so many things at once always telling me random things. I heard a friend tell me that this sight / forum was really super nice and i should ask around on here.  

Now im wondering if its normal to simply know which god , goddess or spirit your talking to. To just simply talk to them ? I mean i can see em to but only a tiny tiny bit and more with my mind than anything.  am i going insane ?

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is this normal ?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:03:07 am »
Quote from: Bees99;163059
So i really hope i dont sound like a nutter right now but i need to know!

Now im wondering if its normal to simply know which god , goddess or spirit your talking to. To just simply talk to them ? I mean i can see em to but only a tiny tiny bit and more with my mind than anything.  am i going insane ?

Do you think you're mentally ill? That's a serious question, and not someone on a forum can answer. On the other hand, what you described isn't necessarily mental illness. It just sounds like you're being pestered and you need to set up some defenses around yourself. Our wonderful Jennett call tell you more about shielding and grounding and whatnot, but here is a link to her site where she discusses basic psychic skills.

It doesn't make you mentally ill to talk to spirits or gods and goddesses. I have a guardian deity who hangs around me 24/7. Sometimes she's actually in my head. Sometimes she just sort of rides along in my solar plexus. A lot of times she just hangs out behind my head, over my shoulder. I've basically contracted out my psychic security to Her.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Bees99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 11:05:11 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;163092
Do you think you're mentally ill? That's a serious question, and not someone on a forum can answer. On the other hand, what you described isn't necessarily mental illness. It just sounds like you're being pestered and you need to set up some defenses around yourself. Our wonderful Jennett call tell you more about shielding and grounding and whatnot, but here is a link to her site where she discusses basic psychic skills

No i know im not ill in anyway. I know im in great health as a matter a fact i have a massive IQ i just found out a few weeks ago. I just wonder if hearing them all 24-7 is normal in terms of being wiccan or pagan. I mean i love hearing em sometimes they say some odd things though. its just odd knowing that its them im hearing.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 11:26:17 am »
Quote from: Bees99;163100
No i know im not ill in anyway. I know im in great health as a matter a fact i have a massive IQ i just found out a few weeks ago. I just wonder if hearing them all 24-7 is normal in terms of being wiccan or pagan. I mean i love hearing em sometimes they say some odd things though. its just odd knowing that its them im hearing.

Being really smart does not mean you cannot be mentally ill.

Some people hear spirits and gods all bloody day, yes. I think that happens in all religions, mind. I'm not sure I'd call it 'the norm' but it happens often enough that most pagans and magicians don't just leap to 'crazy' right away.

If it is bothersome (personally I always wonder how the godbothered stand it) I second Redfaery's suggestion of learning basic grounding and shielding. I also recommend you learn some banishing techniques because it has been my experience that people who are just getting into spirit work act as little lightbulbs for every psychic moth around.

Bees99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 11:53:12 am »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;163101
Being really smart does not mean you cannot be mentally ill.

Some people hear spirits and gods all bloody day, yes. I think that happens in all religions, mind. I'm not sure I'd call it 'the norm' but it happens often enough that most pagans and magicians don't just leap to 'crazy' right away.

If it is bothersome (personally I always wonder how the godbothered stand it) I second Redfaery's suggestion of learning basic grounding and shielding. I also recommend you learn some banishing techniques because it has been my experience that people who are just getting into spirit work act as little lightbulbs for every psychic moth around.

Well its honestly really cool i just felt like a little bit of a freak hearing them all right off the bat... i found some people are insainly jealous of it and im not sure why. They like to talk so i let em. I find it really amazing that i get to hear there daily life.

I learned how to shut em up when i want. Like shower time. Thats MY time and i think they respect that im not sure.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 12:02:29 pm »
Quote from: Bees99;163059

It depends on what your definition of normal includes, really, and even that can change over time.

When it comes to hearing things in my head, I tend to use three categories:

• Inner monologue/routine thoughts
  • Items that appear to be external that are helpful to me
  • Items that appear to be external that are not helpful to me

Things that fall into category 3 send me to my therapist and/or to the doctor for a med check.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: