Spirituality in the age of social media by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 08:28:55 pm]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Author Topic: Banishing Bad Vibes  (Read 1645 times)

Siannan

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Banishing Bad Vibes
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:46:18 pm »
Ok, folks, hoping you can help me out! As I type this, it sounds so stupid but I am having issues with a co-worker, one who has a reputation for doing whatever she can to get ahead, even if it means stabbing in the back anyone who gets in her way. She's always been one for crystals and stones, essential oils and the like, and recently I spotted  her wearing a goddess pendent. So, it wouldnt be unreasonable to suspect she has some knowledge of witchcraft or paganism.  Since I was promoted to her equal,  i have felt negative vibrations being sent my way. Do I know they are from her? No, just as a feeling. I don't practice witchcraft, but hoping some of you can give some ways to banish those vibes, send them back at whoever is sending them my way,  or anything of the sort. I don't want to attack, just protect myself. Thanks in advance!

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Banishing Bad Vibes
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 04:16:26 am »
Quote from: Siannan;162698
Ok, folks, hoping you can help me out! As I type this, it sounds so stupid but I am having issues with a co-worker, one who has a reputation for doing whatever she can to get ahead, even if it means stabbing in the back anyone who gets in her way. She's always been one for crystals and stones, essential oils and the like, and recently I spotted  her wearing a goddess pendent. So, it wouldnt be unreasonable to suspect she has some knowledge of witchcraft or paganism.  Since I was promoted to her equal,  i have felt negative vibrations being sent my way. Do I know they are from her? No, just as a feeling. I don't practice witchcraft, but hoping some of you can give some ways to banish those vibes, send them back at whoever is sending them my way,  or anything of the sort. I don't want to attack, just protect myself. Thanks in advance!

Whether one calls them 'vibes' ( I do, it's easier and most people get it:) ) or the myriad of little observations that have made it through to your subconscious but haven't been been sent upstairs yet, they are pretty dependable.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about what her beliefs are, lots of people like 'new age' trappings and toys but don't wear or use them in any meaningful way.

Unfortunately, sometimes there are just people that set our neural alarms off or seem ,hmm, jagged? to be around and there's no use trying to figure out why (sometimes we do but often even that doesn't make any difference to how we experience them).

I just mentally build a wall. I can be cordial but will not be drawn into whatever trips they might be engaging in. I try to be teflon and give nothing but surface stuff away so they can't collect any gripes with me. I just repeat " I am invisable to you, nothing you send my way will be delivered" and most importantly, *believe it*.  It can be hard but it's worth building that mental wall because after awhile it will just become habitual to 'bring up the drawbridge' when that person is around.

Good luck. I've been dealing with someone lately who reckons she's got the mojo to cow those around her and it's a major pain in the ass and hard not to respond outwardly to. I've had to mentally re-build my wall a few times and I actually try and visualize the process such as " Right, let's just replace a few of these bricks in the wall between us . Ahh, that's better. Now I'm safe again".

But do not give her too much power. That is usually the mistake people make - by allowing the other person to get to us we give them power over us.

Work it - you can do it.

RoseQuartz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:01:21 am »

Amethyst next to clear quartz helps to amplifies the energies and if you were to ask them both together to protect you furthermore from negative vibrations. Alternatively, there are other ways in which to protect, e.g. violet flame and St Germain, I don't know if you know about the Ascended Masters much at all but try visualizing a column of protective violet light that forms around you from ground upwards and covering the top of your head, so that no negativity can penetrate its energy. You can doubly ask St Germain to help put this violet flame light over you and ask by sending out a thought or out loud intention  that's positive whether it can protect you fully and diffuse any further negative vibrations sent your way. Ultimately, with the aid of amethyst you could keep a bit of this with you in your pocket so that you know you've got protectiveness around you as well. If you wanted to work with crystals that way and with a stronger layer of protection too, just make sure your intent is positive. Black Obsidian also works wonders, too with the right intent.

Hope that's helpful.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:52:41 pm »
I don't practice witchcraft, but hoping some of you can give some ways to banish those vibes, send them back at whoever is sending them my way,  or anything of the sort. I don't want to attack, just protect myself. Thanks in advance!

What works best can depend on how you think this works. If lowering your inhibitions and shifting mindstate during showers works to "allow" the water to "cleanse" the bad vibes, then it does (but it might not, or it might.) Same with anything else I could suggest, Tiger's Eye chalcedony, grey hematite, any appeals to deities of boundaries, balance, and justice...
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Hematite

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:17 am »

Faith is power. Whether you have faith in yourself, or faith in any number of divine beings, faith in a stone or a plant, or faith in a symbol, just having the faith in that gives you strength.

It can really be as simple as thinking "You have no power over me." as long as you believe it.

There is another way to use stones beyond what is already mentioned. A friend gave me a bracelet in a stone I liked, but made me promise that in exchange I would try to look people in the eye more.  Then I would catch myself looking down and playing with the bracelet, and remember to look up. It's more like a memo then witchcraft, but it worked.

Any jewelry can help you to remember the words, and therefore the decision "You have no power over me." to help keep that mental protection up. After a while, it will just become a habit.

Bees99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 02:28:39 pm »
Quote from: Hematite
Faith is power. Whether you have faith in yourself, or faith in any number of divine beings, faith in a stone or a plant, or faith in a symbol, just having the faith in that gives you strength.

It can really be as simple as thinking "You have no power over me." as long as you believe it.

I belive that Hematite said it perfectly. If you have strong faith within yourself you can basically tell the bad spirits or vibes to go away and leave you alone. Belive that the good will come and it will :)

I know bad vibes can freak people out but take a deep breath and calm yourself :)
 Best wishes

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 02:49:03 pm »
Quote from: Bees99;163024

A Reminder:
Hi Bees99,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, and to leave all of the quote code intact, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  The quote code does two things: it sets apart the text you're quoting, and it provides a trackback to that post, which makes the discussion  easier to follow, and is required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

(Quote code is the part inside the square brackets - the opening code has 'quote' and the username and post number of the quoted post, and the closing code is /quote.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 02:59:34 pm »
I don't practice witchcraft, but hoping some of you can give some ways to banish those vibes, send them back at whoever is sending them my way,  or anything of the sort. I don't want to attack, just protect myself. Thanks in advance!

I'd say that the place to start isn't with banishing or even specialized-for-this-purpose protections, but with basic personal cleansing and shielding, if you're not already doing this as a matter of course. Jenett has good info on the Practices page on her Seeking site, under 'Core skills' - there's a specific article on cleansing and shielding, called 'Energetic Self-Care', but I've linked to the Practices page rather than directly to that article because the various core skills build on each other, so you'll probably want to check out the other articles as well.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Siannan

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 12:10:52 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;163029
I'd say that the place to start isn't with banishing or even specialized-for-this-purpose protections, but with basic personal cleansing and shielding, if you're not already doing this as a matter of course. Jenett has good info on the Practices page on her Seeking site, under 'Core skills' - there's a specific article on cleansing and shielding, called 'Energetic Self-Care', but I've linked to the Practices page rather than directly to that article because the various core skills build on each other, so you'll probably want to check out the other articles as well.

Sunflower

Thanks to everyone for their ideas. I'm going to look into all of them and see what feels right for me. And you're right about not making assumptions about her spiritual beliefs, I'd hate it if someone did that about me. Maybe b/c I'm not sure what they are myself. Seriously, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it!

Tags: