Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: I have a question which i need confirmation regarding magick candle making purposes  (Read 1883 times)

mikefarley001

• View Profile
I am not new to magick and i am indeed a natural healer and been involved in the craft since i was a little boy. started seeing auras and communicating with my guides at an ealy age. my aura changed colors to a white purple/indigo and Gold recently and the photos are not always accurate but close they are, most of the time depending on which layers your looking to observe, whether its the etheric, or emotional or mental, spiritual which for example the first 2 coincide with the first 2 chakras. base and sacral, of course this is basic but i want it this way for the beginners to understand what i am saying.

some photos only pick up on certain layers. there are 7 total, well if you count the earth star chakra and/or transpersonal chakra just above the head, adds another special layer, which i notice when this chakra is worked on simultaneously with the earth star chakra ab couple feet below the ground or thall i say below the feet when standing, its what connects you to earth (grounding you to our wonderful Gaia. I am going off subject. and i had a point for this but ive lost track and will come back it later.

THE QUESTION, very novice but never thought about this before: I was going to ask, say your cooking some wax, well, melting it, you already colored it, added some herbs, not all but suddenly you have to leave in an emergency. (I seriously doubt this and don't feel it however wanted to make sure). Turning off the heat allowing the wax to harden while not touching anything until you for got back and turned on the heat again allowing the water to boil around the container in which the wax is put into (never on direct stove of course)

(i would like newbies to understand this as well as you can burn your wax. anyway coming back re heat it, re-melt it and finished up the rest of the herbs, reciting the mantra, intention, invocation and holding hands over the pot and sending energy feeling the tingles while closing eyes and adding DEEP intention on top of everything else to be put into the candle being made for the intentioned purpose, increasing psychic development, increase connection with guides, moving your personal candle to this candle as if you are actually moving yourself to this energy

(part of the ritual)forgetting what i described what it is for and can be used for, question is by re heating it after taking the break after leaving, would this effect any magickal properties? I want to say i doubt it but i want to know what you have to say. i didnt want to post in the advanced section as it is not an advanced question. i hope i made the right choice.

i am sorry if i did not, if not, can you move me there. otherwise keep me here and i really hope to get atleast a couple responses. i assume you wouldnt agree that as along as nothing is messed with and reciting something stating this is an intentional break and will continue creating at X time. thus the forces who help with the energies can know by letting them know? i been planning these specifics for a very long time, i still need to create my astral colored candle representing myself, create my day candle and of course i never do a ritual or candle magick without using my white candle for protection purposes. just a personal preference.

thanks for anything anyone would like to add, even if your not sure, let me know what you think. im going to go for it next time this happends and it will! so please anything will help. thanks so much!!! many healing blessings to you, as a natural healer i ike saying that, with the "OKAY" from your higher self, i usually send healing to those who help.. just something i like to do, sometimes i send per request but im not sure if im allowed to do that here. this is only my second post.

again thank you so much for all your time and effort!!
-Michael Farley
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:47:21 pm by HeartShadow »
"My reality today was created by my thoughts/emotions from yesterday" "We are only consciousness choosing the action of expression and therefore intention, intention is what matters and knowing this once one understands we are divine beings living a human experience can be a transcending experience apon waking up"

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Quote from: mikefarley001;161855

Just a note - I edited your post to add some white space to it.  It's very hard to read paragraphs on screen that don't have the occasional break in them.

Just hit enter every few lines - it doesn't have to be perfect paragraph format, but it does go a long way towards making your posts readable.  :)

HeartShadow - TC staff

mikefarley001

• View Profile
Quote from: HeartShadow;161859
Just a note - I edited your post to add some white space to it.  It's very hard to read paragraphs on screen that don't have the occasional break in them.

Just hit enter every few lines - it doesn't have to be perfect paragraph format, but it does go a long way towards making your posts readable.  :)

HeartShadow - TC staff

sorry about that. i didnt realize how long it was. wont happen again :)
"My reality today was created by my thoughts/emotions from yesterday" "We are only consciousness choosing the action of expression and therefore intention, intention is what matters and knowing this once one understands we are divine beings living a human experience can be a transcending experience apon waking up"

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Hi there -

(On posting, I see HeartShadow's commented on the spacing, but leaving in my initial comment for a bit more explanation.)

It's not long posts that are a problem - it's just that large chunks of text are really hard to read (and will likely cut down on people replying to you because of it.) A blank line every 4-6 lines of text really helps a lot (you can see my post here for an example of how that works.)

Second, while it's great to want to offer to help people back, I know I'm uncomfortable with healing from random sources (even well-meant ones) - like a number of people here, I've got a bunch of chronic medical issues, and unexpected healing energy can make much things worse for me. (Other times, it feels intrusive and uncomfortable, and that's not actually much fun for me either.)

Common practice around here is to only send that kind of energy to people who specifically request it (we've got a prayers and energy requests forum where people can do that.)

If you'd like to show your appreciation for someone helping, a "Thank you!" goes a long way. (If someone wants to be helpful back, it's really helpful to me to know *what* was helpful in what I said, because that makes it easier to do it again in the future.)

On to your question!

Quote from: mikefarley001;161855

(part of the ritual)forgetting what i described what it is for and can be used for, question is by re heating it after taking the break after leaving, would this effect any magickal properties? I want to say i doubt it but i want to know what you have to say. i didnt want to post in the advanced section as it is not an advanced question. i hope i made the right choice.

It's not entirely clear from your question what all of these candles are for (I can make some guesses, but you're working in a method of candle magic that is probably not the most common one out there, so a little more explanation of your specific practices might help if you have more questions.)

But in general, my take goes like this:

1) It is preferable to do everything in one go, because you, as a person, will change over time. Even over the course of a day, sometimes.

It can also be hard to come back to a magical intention in the same way if you've put it down and picked it up again (for example, you may have spent some of the time between working with the wax working through your particular desire or intention in other ways, talked to a friend about the situation, etc. in ways that takes some of the emotional intensity or immediacy out of it.)

2) However, if that's not possible, then yes, turning off the heat, letting the wax cool, and then picking up the steps again is quite doable. There are a number of magical practices designed to be done over multiple days, after all, and in some ways, this is similar.

3) I would suggest - for any practice where you might be interrupted - looking at the structure for your working in advance.

What steps do you take to get started? How would you repeat those if you were picking up again in the middle of your practice? If you have to pause, do you have a way to release the emotional and magical intention and set it aside (to come back to later?)

Do you need to take any steps to return your working space to a more neutral space? (If you are working in what is also your kitchen, and you need to cook dinner that isn't particularly magical before you pick up the wax work again, for example.)

In my practice, most of my more involved magical work is done in a magical circle. Part of making that work is respecting the boundaries of that circle, so I wouldn't just walk out of the circle and leave everything for later: I would do my best to close down the circle tidily, put away at least some of the items, etc.

When I started up again, I wouldn't just pick up where I left off, I would build in some time and ways to step back into a deliberate and magical mindset. That might not be fully casting a circle again, depending on some details, but it would be some things about preparing myself and the space again, doing something to get me back in the right mindset for the intention I was working with, etc.

Your specific practices might look different, but in general, looking at your transition in and out of active magical working space is generally worthwhile. (For some people these are ritual actions. For some people it's putting on specific clothing or jewelry or something like that. For some people it's saying or singing certain things, or standing or moving their bodies in certain ways. There's lots of options.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

mikefarley001

• View Profile
Quote from: Jenett;161864
Hi there -

(On posting, I see HeartShadow's commented on the spacing, but leaving in my initial comment for a bit more explanation.)

It's not long posts that are a problem - it's just that large chunks of text are really hard to read (and will likely cut down on people replying to you because of it.) A blank line every 4-6 lines of text really helps a lot (you can see my post here for an example of how that works.)

Second, while it's great to want to offer to help people back, I know I'm uncomfortable with healing from random sources (even well-meant ones) - like a number of people here, I've got a bunch of chronic medical issues, and unexpected healing energy can make much things worse for me. (Other times, it feels intrusive and uncomfortable, and that's not actually much fun for me either.)

Common practice around here is to only send that kind of energy to people who specifically request it (we've got a prayers and energy requests forum where people can do that.)

If you'd like to show your appreciation for someone helping, a "Thank you!" goes a long way. (If someone wants to be helpful back, it's really helpful to me to know *what* was helpful in what I said, because that makes it easier to do it again in the future.)

On to your question!

It's not entirely clear from your question what all of these candles are for (I can make some guesses, but you're working in a method of candle magic that is probably not the most common one out there, so a little more explanation of your specific practices might help if you have more questions.)

But in general, my take goes like this:

1) It is preferable to do everything in one go, because you, as a person, will change over time. Even over the course of a day, sometimes.

It can also be hard to come back to a magical intention in the same way if you've put it down and picked it up again (for example, you may have spent some of the time between working with the wax working through your particular desire or intention in other ways, talked to a friend about the situation, etc. in ways that takes some of the emotional intensity or immediacy out of it.)

2) However, if that's not possible, then yes, turning off the heat, letting the wax cool, and then picking up the steps again is quite doable. There are a number of magical practices designed to be done over multiple days, after all, and in some ways, this is similar.

3) I would suggest - for any practice where you might be interrupted - looking at the structure for your working in advance.

What steps do you take to get started? How would you repeat those if you were picking up again in the middle of your practice? If you have to pause, do you have a way to release the emotional and magical intention and set it aside (to come back to later?)

Do you need to take any steps to return your working space to a more neutral space? (If you are working in what is also your kitchen, and you need to cook dinner that isn't particularly magical before you pick up the wax work again, for example.)

In my practice, most of my more involved magical work is done in a magical circle. Part of making that work is respecting the boundaries of that circle, so I wouldn't just walk out of the circle and leave everything for later: I would do my best to close down the circle tidily, put away at least some of the items, etc.

When I started up again, I wouldn't just pick up where I left off, I would build in some time and ways to step back into a deliberate and magical mindset. That might not be fully casting a circle again, depending on some details, but it would be some things about preparing myself and the space again, doing something to get me back in the right mindset for the intention I was working with, etc.

Your specific practices might look different, but in general, looking at your transition in and out of active magical working space is generally worthwhile. (For some people these are ritual actions. For some people it's putting on specific clothing or jewelry or something like that. For some people it's saying or singing certain things, or standing or moving their bodies in certain ways. There's lots of options.)
Thank you so much as you have answered my question. I appreciate it very much!

Also I am very sorry for not explaining more. I basically do a kind of candle magic as you said. I like adding my herbs inside my candles as well. What I do most of the time;

I make an astral candle representing me (Taurus - red/yellow color candle) I then creat e the main candle for example if I'm wanting to improve some quality of myself or manifest a stronger conclusion to job finding for example I will make a larger green candle with ..say cinnamon and whichever others herbs are good for money.

I add my intention , seeing the outcome of my desire while projecting that energy into the melted wax and maybe a few coins. Once dried , i carve my symbols and such . Of course this is just a small example. Of the entire ritual

I always use a white candle as the protective candle.

I understand what your saying when it comes to having those emotions , feelings and what have you , "again" when it comes to finishing, that seems to be much tiring to do twice lol. Thank you again.

Regarding the energy healing, that is important to be discerning with people offering healing. Also of course I wait for a request, as I volenteer on a distant healing network who has about 10,000 requests per month or week can't remember but it has been something I been doing since early grade school 1st grade I believe).

I have had a lot of time to work on ways of not sending my own energy as that can be harmful to the sender. I would NEVER send energy unknowingly as that goes 100% against my rules/ethics to myself as a healer.

Again thank you for answering my initial question, even if you didn't know you fully answered it, you did lol. You helped very much ;)
Have a great day,
Michael

Tags: