Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Games: Crusader Kings II (I wish I knew how to quit you!)  (Read 3108 times)

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Crusader Kings II (I wish I knew how to quit you!)
« on: October 08, 2014, 09:47:18 am »
I played the demo of this awesome game from Paradox Interactive and instantly fell in love. I am one of those people who downloads resource management and warfare games on Facebook and her phone. I love researching technologies, building cities, training troops, forming alliances, and preparing for battle.

Crusader Kings II fits this bill to a tee (As well as Paradox's other awesome games Europa Universalis and March of the Eagles).

Does anyone else play this game? What are your normal strategies? What kingdoms do you enjoy playing the most?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:47:05 am by RandallS »
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Crusader Kings II (I wish I knew how to quit you!)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 10:13:10 am »
Quote from: dionysiandame;161606
Does anyone else play this game? What are your normal strategies? What kingdoms do you enjoy playing the most?

I picked the game up a few months ago when it was on sale on Steam, but as usual I haven't actually had time to play it. :(
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 10:51:46 am »

I remember playing it quite a bit about a year ago. I'm not very "good" at these kinds of games, so I never really get much done in it. :D: I think the last time I played I decided to try to be someone who is a kid when he takes over, but I ended up getting murdered when I had to do a restart on my save. Rofl.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 07:46:06 pm »
I played the demo of this awesome game from Paradox Interactive and instantly fell in love. I am one of those people who downloads resource management and warfare games on Facebook and her phone. I love researching technologies, building cities, training troops, forming alliances, and preparing for battle.

Crusader Kings II fits this bill to a tee (As well as Paradox's other awesome games Europa Universalis and March of the Eagles).

I am a total Paradox nerd, so I own this alongside most of their other strategy titles (Victoria II, EU III & IV, Hearts of Iron 3, March of the Eagles, etc) and I just recently got into playing over Victoria II, which is my favourite. I've been trying to form an actual Crusader kingdom in game, but the Pope seems really lax about calling for Crusades...
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Tags: