Spirituality in the age of social media by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 08:28:55 pm]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Author Topic: Working with Chakras (a problem and a request for information)  (Read 2559 times)

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Working with Chakras (a problem and a request for information)
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:59:47 am »
About the only energy work I do is with my minimal understanding of chakras. I use the dominant system that is taught here in the west, of the seven main chakras up and down the spine. So here's the important bit. My solar plexus chakra has been messed up.

First it was blocked, which had the side effect of making me almost totally headblind. (Weird, huh? My third eye was working just fine, as always. But It seems that I need my solar plexus to actually "hear" when someone's talking to me...or, more likely, to realize that someone's talking to me.) I opened it up with a piece of white & gold calcite and then energized it with a big chunk of citrine.

And I think that last bit was the problem, because...it seems that my solar plexus chakra is now "blown." There is too much energy going through it. I can feel that there is a massive amount of energy, just buzzing around in there. It's very uncomfortable. It's a feeling of tension, like a spring scrunched up. When I hold a pendulum over the area, it swings wildly in a very broad circle.

It feels like there's a massive amount of energy pent up in there, even though the chakra isn't closed or blocked, and is whirring away happily. I just need a way to release it. So far my crystals haven't helped, so I'm going to go back to my old standby for grounding, an athame. That should do the trick, but I would appreciate advice from other members here on how to work with chakras safely, and especially would love book recommendations.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Working with Chakras (a problem and a request for information)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 10:25:38 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;161599
My solar plexus chakra has been messed up.

If you don't mind UPG too... I sort of have grown into this idea now that our energy bodies are individually shaped. Some people might have more vortexes than others, or fewer. Others might have more of a spectrum, rather than a single large pillar/meridien-thingummy with specific "stations" to stop along their spine. Some people's energy bodies sort of coalesce around their head and only stay there sort of floating and remotely operating the rest of their body with bare minimum connections and nearly no energy-body occupancy. Others coalesce around the stomach. On another level, people might even have soul landscapes. So, rather than working directly on the energy body, a person might have a soul landscape suffer some event on that soul-landscape level that had an effect on the chakra.

The centering meditation that I know of is actually much less with observing "that part of the energy body" with visualizations of flowers or colored whorls, and more like moving the consciousness into that area--playing with the proprioception, so you can imagine that the entirety of your experience is in your solar plexus area. Not (as just one of many examples) coalescing in your head be default, say, because so much of our experience that we're dependent on can be in the head area. So, if you're anywhere else by default, then some tactile-kinaesthetic meditations can move you closer to the middle.

There, you might be able to better intuit what went wrong, why that area is wildfiring out of control. The solar plexus, to the understanding that jives with me, is solar in nature because of its reining in of an otherwise radiant and wild sort of force. Perhaps spinning a cocoon of sorts in that area would be a decent stop-gap measure that brings the movement of energy back to center?

Again: all of the above is just my UPG. Still I hope this helps somewhat!
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:02:03 am »
Quote from: Faemon;161608
If you don't mind UPG too... I sort of have grown into this idea now that our energy bodies are individually shaped. Some people might have more vortexes than others, or fewer. Others might have more of a spectrum, rather than a single large pillar/meridien-thingummy with specific "stations" to stop along their spine. Some people's energy bodies sort of coalesce around their head and only stay there sort of floating and remotely operating the rest of their body with bare minimum connections and nearly no energy-body occupancy. Others coalesce around the stomach. On another level, people might even have soul landscapes. So, rather than working directly on the energy body, a person might have a soul landscape suffer some event on that soul-landscape level that had an effect on the chakra.

No, you're good. I actually agree with you about the variation in energy bodies. Though it's not so much UPG from my standpoint as intellectual reasoning. There are SO MANY systems that involve chakra-like concepts, with SO MUCH variation between them.

I personally think also that energy bodies are both fluid (changing over time and due to circumstances) and malleable (I think it's possible for the number of chakra-ish thingies to be manipulated).

My own UPG regarding the solar plexus chakra is that it's not so much tied to "self definition" as the manuals say, but that it functions as a "seat" for one's deliberate willpower. It is the "hub" of the chakras, with the power of all the others radiating from it.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:22:40 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;161611
My own UPG regarding the solar plexus chakra is that it's not so much tied to "self definition" as the manuals say, but that it functions as a "seat" for one's deliberate willpower. It is the "hub" of the chakras, with the power of all the others radiating from it.

Hmm. I don't work with chakras myself, so take it for what you will, but is it possible then that your other chakras/energy centres are not properly taking in the energy, so it's all backed up in your solar plexus? The only reason I think this is just going off how you described here that the other chakras pull power from the solar plexus chakra, and that you've been doing grounding for that one area and it is not lessening (unless you need a specific material to ground that energy, but still ...).
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 11:57:21 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;161613
Hmm. I don't work with chakras myself, so take it for what you will, but is it possible then that your other chakras/energy centres are not properly taking in the energy, so it's all backed up in your solar plexus? The only reason I think this is just going off how you described here that the other chakras pull power from the solar plexus chakra, and that you've been doing grounding for that one area and it is not lessening (unless you need a specific material to ground that energy, but still ...).
I'm really glad for the help and suggestions,  everyone, because this is making me really think about how my energy actually works.

I think the idea that there is a backup in my solar plexus is probably the basics of it. But as I've been thinking over the symptoms I've been having and how I've felt these past few days, I'm putting them together with the other bits I know and coming out with the beginnings of....something or other.

I don't think my energetic body works much like the New Age or Yoga manuals posit.

Instead of drawing up from the earth and through a central channel out the top, it seems my chakra/channel system takes energy from the crown of my head (which is not a chakra but a gateway).

My solar plexus functions as the hub of ONE of the wheels, so to speak. Like a cart, there's another wheel fixed to the other side of the axle. That's my third eye chakra, which is also a seat of power for me.

Like the two wheels on an axle, if one of these two chakras gets stuck, the other one sort of drags you around in a circle. It's worth mentioning here that for the past few days, I've had intermittent sensations of tension between my eyebrows that I wrote off as coming from scrunching my forehead from stress.

What I'm thinking is some sort of meditation to unstick my solar plexus so my third eye can stop spinning around uselessly.

random417

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 01:20:29 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;161620
Instead of drawing up from the earth and through a central channel out the top, it seems my chakra/channel system takes energy from the crown of my head (which is not a chakra but a gateway).
That's the way (basically) the human energy system is seen to work in more Ceremonial practices. The Middle Pillar is somewhat based on that idea. Maybe peek at some of that? Of course, the energy centers are in different places, but the techniques should transfer
"Let it be that state of manyhood bound and loathing. So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is in every way perfect."

AL 1:42-44

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 01:54:57 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;161620

FWIW, and maybe I'm misreading you here so let me know if I am, my suggestion was that other energy centres were having the "clogged" problem, and it was backing up *into* your solar plexus (or, it's just enough that you don't notice them there, but you do notice the backing up). But, you know your body way better that I can, so if you feel like the blockage is right there, do the work you want to do on it.

I generally don't work with ... hmm, "energy body parts" (I really don't know how to phrase that). I can understand it intellectually, but I don't have any senses associated with those "parts"/"centres" so they just go unnoticed with me.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:33:03 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;161626
FWIW, and maybe I'm misreading you here so let me know if I am, my suggestion was that other energy centres were having the "clogged" problem, and it was backing up *into* your solar plexus (or, it's just enough that you don't notice them there, but you do notice the backing up). But, you know your body way better that I can, so if you feel like the blockage is right there, do the work you want to do on it.

I generally don't work with ... hmm, "energy body parts" (I really don't know how to phrase that). I can understand it intellectually, but I don't have any senses associated with those "parts"/"centres" so they just go unnoticed with me.

Ah. Gotcha. That makes sense. I really don't notice any other "parts" than my third eye and solar plexus, and right now it feels like the former is out of whack because the latter is backed up...If that makes sense?

Tags: