Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Finding the moon each night  (Read 1739 times)

agustin

• View Profile
Finding the moon each night
« on: September 30, 2014, 11:32:42 pm »
I really enjoy looking deep into the moon when I can see it in the sky, and I still have a lot that I want to connect to with each phase of it. The problem is, sometimes it is cloudy or the moon is set low so that I can only see very little of it, if at all. So how do you draw down the moon in these conditions? I'd like to be able to connect every night so I can feel how each exact phase feels to me.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Finding the moon each night...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 09:54:37 am »
Quote from: agustin;160781
I really enjoy looking deep into the moon when I can see it in the sky, and I still have a lot that I want to connect to with each phase of it. The problem is, sometimes it is cloudy or the moon is set low so that I can only see very little of it, if at all. So how do you draw down the moon in these conditions? I'd like to be able to connect every night so I can feel how each exact phase feels to me.

Can you describe a bit more what you're doing? (Drawing down the moon has a particular meaning in Wiccan and many Wiccan-derived contexts which is about a rather more complicated process than just communing with the moon...)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

agustin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 03:14:58 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;160805
Can you describe a bit more what you're doing? (Drawing down the moon has a particular meaning in Wiccan and many Wiccan-derived contexts which is about a rather more complicated process than just communing with the moon...)

I want to feel how the moon affects my energy each night, and to do this I usually stare up into it and open myself to its energy.

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 05:44:27 pm »
Quote from: agustin;160856
I want to feel how the moon affects my energy each night, and to do this I usually stare up into it and open myself to its energy.

...What do you do when the moon is up during the day?

Adder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 06:13:40 am »
Quote from: agustin;160781

I have a few astronomy App's on a tablet which points its location, then if there is cloud cover I just visualize it, as even if I can see it the connection to it requires visualization of its position and the Earth and Sun etc. Focusing on feeling gravity as part of that connection helps too.

Tags: