collapse

Author Topic: Honey Jar Spells  (Read 5064 times)

rookieguy13

• View Profile
Honey Jar Spells
« on: September 30, 2014, 10:46:45 am »
I'm new to this, and where I am, it''s quite difficult for me to do spells of my own.

Long story short, I was what you could say, in a long distance relationship with someone. A misunderstanding happened, drama happened and she went with someone else. I've been blocked on social networking sites, and don't have her current phone number.

Almost a week ago, I've had a spell caster do a honey jar spell, and aura cleansing (for the girl), to sweeten her towards me. The spell caster also sent me a photo of the honey jar with the candle lit. I've had readings from this spell caster before, and been in contact for about 3 months. She told me the girl will eventually come around, drop the drama and the guy will cause them to break up. Honestly, her current man is a hood rat and doesnt want anything good for her.

I read somewhere that a break up spell is also needed for this to work effectively... but the honey jar should work fine... right? From what I've learned, break up spells are black magic which can backfire, so I don't want to bring myself trouble. I personally would like to practice things myself, but living with family right now doesn't make that possible, so I'm currently just researching online as it's discreet from my laptop.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:50:07 am by rookieguy13 »

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Honey Jar Spells
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 11:01:50 am »
Quote from: rookieguy13;160693
I'm new to this, and where I am, it''s quite difficult for me to do spells of my own.

Long story short, I was what you could say, in a long distance relationship with someone. A misunderstanding happened, drama happened and she went with someone else. I've been blocked on social networking sites, and don't have her current phone number.

Almost a week ago, I've had a spell caster do a honey jar spell, and aura cleansing (for the girl), to sweeten her towards me. The spell caster also sent me a photo of the honey jar with the candle lit. I've had readings from this spell caster before, and been in contact for about 3 months. She told me the girl will eventually come around, drop the drama and the guy will cause them to break up. Honestly, her current man is a hood rat and doesnt want anything good for her.

I read somewhere that a break up spell is also needed for this to work effectively... but the honey jar should work fine... right? From what I've learned, break up spells are black magic which can backfire, so I don't want to bring myself trouble. I personally would like to practice things myself, but living with family right now doesn't make that possible, so I'm currently just researching online as it's discreet from my laptop.

or you could just let her work stuff out on her own under her own autonomy without trying to control her
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Sisu

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:21:44 am »

Yeah... I'm gonna say that what you've already done falls into a morally grey area by working spells on someone else without their consent- especially one that is trying to manipulate their will.

If she's dropped all contact with you, it's better to take that as a sign that it's time to move on.

She may not be making the choices you want her to make, maybe even ones you think are harmful, but she's an adult with her own free will and you need to accept that.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 11:46:00 am »

Dude, only a week ago? Have some patience! Honey jars are great but they're also sort of slow and aimed more at the long game.

I don't find honey jars all that manipulative. You're keeping yourself sweet in her thoughts, that's all. Doing breakup work, on the other hand, does meddle in her affairs much more directly.... and it's still no guarantee that if she splits with her man that she'll come back to you. I've seen that happen before. And you know, if a relationship needs a lot of magic? It's probably a shitty relationship.

rookieguy13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 01:57:05 pm »
I thought a honey jar just "sweetened" someone towards me, and was unaware that it could be considered manipulation. I know the break up spell is, which is why I never had it done. Yeah, it has been a 8 days to be exact.

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 02:08:56 pm »
Quote from: rookieguy13;160732

A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

Earthworm

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »
I thought a honey jar just "sweetened" someone towards me, and was unaware that it could be considered manipulation. I know the break up spell is, which is why I never had it done. Yeah, it has been a 8 days to be exact.

Rather than a break-up spell, you might want to use (or have someone else use) a spell directed at her new significant other to reveal his true nature. If he is in fact the bad guy you perceive him as, the aim of the spell would be to get her to see him for what he really is. But even if he's a bad guy and the spell works and she realizes he's a bad guy, it doesn't mean she'll definitely break up with him.

I used a spell like that before when I worked with a couple baleful people who, honestly, I hoped would be fired when I was able to reveal the way they really were. However, after performing the spell I realized that the other people I worked with and our supervisor knew exactly what these two individuals were like and just didn't care or feel like doing anything about it. I quit that job, and likewise you may find that you just have to let this lady go because it's possible she already sees the truth and has made her choice about how she'll respond to it.
"A driving thirst for knowledge is the forerunner of wisdom." -Robert Cochrane

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 04:40:58 pm »

All magic is manipulation. And so is everything you can do to effect change of any kind in the world. Some magical traditions are very practical about that. Traditions like hoodoo, which honey jar spells are from, tend to swing more towards practicality than, say, some modern Wicca-influenced magic.

You mentioned "black magic" above. Hoodoo doesn't tend to divide things into 'black' and 'white' magic (although I have heard some practitioners use those terms). It's more common to think along the lines of what needs doing and what you're willing to do to get it.

Personally I have no major problem with slightly manipulative magic, although my ethics vary depending on the situation (as many people's do). It's not always a simple matter to remove ourselves entirely from any effect on anyone else's will. And magic is a tool, just like a letter or a phone call can be.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

rookieguy13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 04:42:17 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;160734
A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

Oops, sorry. I think I accidentally deleted it while replying by phone.

Quote from: Earthworm;160735
Rather than a break-up spell, you might want to use (or have someone else use) a spell directed at her new significant other to reveal his true nature. If he is in fact the bad guy you perceive him as, the aim of the spell would be to get her to see him for what he really is. But even if he's a bad guy and the spell works and she realizes he's a bad guy, it doesn't mean she'll definitely break up with him.

I used a spell like that before when I worked with a couple baleful people who, honestly, I hoped would be fired when I was able to reveal the way they really were. However, after performing the spell I realized that the other people I worked with and our supervisor knew exactly what these two individuals were like and just didn't care or feel like doing anything about it. I quit that job, and likewise you may find that you just have to let this lady go because it's possible she already sees the truth and has made her choice about how she'll respond to it.

I guess so, it's just weird how one little misunderstanding causes her to react the way she did. It's as if the last year meant nothing. She agreed to meet up with me and her current boyfriend started sending threats.

Quote from: Naomi J;160744
All magic is manipulation. And so is everything you can do to effect change of any kind in the world. Some magical traditions are very practical about that. Traditions like hoodoo, which honey jar spells are from, tend to swing more towards practicality than, say, some modern Wicca-influenced magic.

You mentioned "black magic" above. Hoodoo doesn't tend to divide things into 'black' and 'white' magic (although I have heard some practitioners use those terms). It's more common to think along the lines of what needs doing and what you're willing to do to get it.

Personally I have no major problem with slightly manipulative magic, although my ethics vary depending on the situation (as many people's do). It's not always a simple matter to remove ourselves entirely from any effect on anyone else's will. And magic is a tool, just like a letter or a phone call can be.

I've realised that it doesn't put things into a white or black category. I was browsing another site that sells things for different situations.

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 07:28:33 am »

Lad, she's a grown woman, and has to make her own mistakes and take the lumps from them. She doesn't need a knight in swirling robes to magick her into loving compliance.

In general, my ethics would be to avoid magicking someones mind unless they're real bastards. Love magick? Immoral, borderline rufie.

Just curse the bugger who mistreats her.

EDIT: also, 'hood rat' makes me think there are racial implications to all this. Spoiled white boy angry his girlfriend dared leave him for a black man? Not going to go down well on a socially liberal site.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:31:02 am by Valeria Crowe »
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Moonflower

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://moonflowervine.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 01:34:23 am »

Hi there,

I saw where you had mentioned that an aura cleansing was done on the girl. I was wondering if you've cleansed yourself as well. I know you said that you're limited in what you can do, but if you could get your hands on some hyssop, that would be a great cleansing herb to use discreetly in the shower.

Do you know if the honey jar has cinnamon in it?

Tags: