Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: DivEx - Jenett  (Read 1756 times)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
DivEx - Jenett
« on: September 21, 2014, 11:20:03 am »
Have a time-sensitive question that I thought might be interesting to throw out for people to play with.

My basic question: Should Jenett go to the interview that is being offered on 9/29?

(this probably lends itself to a quick yes/no sort of spread, really.)

Background:
I just got back from a job interview that required a lot of travel. While I was there, I got an email from another position, where the interview date would be a week from Monday (so I need to make up my mind whether I'm going tonight, the 21st.) It will involve a non-trivial but possible amount of money, but also a bunch of driving/flying/etc.

Further background: I want to get out of my current job for a variety of reasons, but I've been getting a substantial number of other interviews, so going to this particular one is not critical. However, this interview is in a place I have good friends, and some parts of the job would be really interesting to me. I do have chronic health stuff that makes doing two complex and stressful trips in a week really tricky (and would mean I wouldn't be able to do something I'd enjoy a lot the following weekend.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Lune

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: DivEx - Jenett
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:40:00 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;159652
Have a time-sensitive question that I thought might be interesting to throw out for people to play with.

My basic question: Should Jenett go to the interview that is being offered on 9/29?

Hello Jennett

I could do a reading for you if you like. I use the Lenormand system and I have a great spread for making decisions like this.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll be happy to help you out.

Blessed be.

Lune

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:04:46 pm »
Quote from: Lune;159662
Hello Jennett

I could do a reading for you if you like. I use the Lenormand system and I have a great spread for making decisions like this.

Please! Like it says in the original post, I need to make a decision tonight (and I have my own thoughts about what to choose) but I figured it might be an interesting practice question for people.

Posting it here is fine, though if you'd prefer PM, I'm fine with that too.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Lune

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:44:13 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;159663
Please! Like it says in the original post, I need to make a decision tonight (and I have my own thoughts about what to choose) but I figured it might be an interesting practice question for people.

Posting it here is fine, though if you'd prefer PM, I'm fine with that too.

I was hoping the cards would give us a more definate answer but reading it in terms of negative and positive they're about evenly matched. So I resorted to reading the combinations of both, though my intuition is telling me to go for option 1.

Option 1. Going to the job interview

There is a positive opportunity for you here. You might be doing some freelance work or working in sales, import-export. It's probably a job related to administrative work, or something concerning research and study. Accountant or bookkeeper comes to mind. Maybe you're worried about this being a waste of time or a depletion of your resources.

Try to figure out if this is a stable position, it's possible there is explotation and corruption in this company and it's being hidden from you. Altough I'm not convinced this isn't something you can't overcome by adapting to the circumstances. There is a lot you can gain from going through with this and you should trust your intuition.  

Option 2. Not going to the job interview

If you don't go the message is pretty simple to me. You'll be getting into arguments and disputes with your family and or friends. Maybe they expected you to go and this could be the source of the argument. The argument could also be with your husband since he's also part of your family. Either way not going will almost definately result in some sort of dispute within your close social circle.

Hopefully this helped you with your decision. If you have any questions or comments feel free to let me know. We can always back track and go a little deeper if you are in need of more details.

It was a pleasure to read for you.

Blessed be.

Lune
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:44:58 pm by Lune »

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 02:29:01 pm »
Quote from: Lune;159666

That's fascinating. I'm going to wait on some of the commentary until tomorrow, if that's okay, since I think it'd be interesting to see what other people come up with if they take a chance at it (there's some things in what you got about what the job is that are sort of fascinating.)

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 05:36:10 pm »

Background:
I just got back from a job interview that required a lot of travel. While I was there, I got an email from another position, where the interview date would be a week from Monday (so I need to make up my mind whether I'm going tonight, the 21st.) It will involve a non-trivial but possible amount of money, but also a bunch of driving/flying/etc.

Further background: I want to get out of my current job for a variety of reasons, but I've been getting a substantial number of other interviews, so going to this particular one is not critical. However, this interview is in a place I have good friends, and some parts of the job would be really interesting to me. I do have chronic health stuff that makes doing two complex and stressful trips in a week really tricky (and would mean I wouldn't be able to do something I'd enjoy a lot the following weekend.)

I'm terrible at yes/no questions, so I asked some slightly more specific ones.

I was drawing ogham feda on the following questions. After a slight cul-de-sac with the deck that likes to laugh me (which basically said you had a job interview and wouldn't say much else), I tried my staves, and this was the result. (Note: most people don't use reversals with ogham. I do, when I'm using a simple spread like this, as it gives me a lot more information and allows me to use my own interpretation a bit more. If I were throwing a handful of staves on a complex question, I wouldn't.)

Q: What will be the likely outcome if Jenett goes to the interview?
Ur (the earth or soil), upright.
This suggests a lot about finality and endings. You could be nearing the right time for a letting-go of some kind, possibly about something that you've been looking to move on from. Whether this is simply a moving-on from your job, or from something larger (like moving home), I don't know - but my sense is that it could be something quite major.
There could also be some effects on your physical health, given that ur is often about the body - but this will probably be short-lived.
My interpretation here is that it is likely to lead to positive opportunities for moving in new directions if you do go to the interview.

Q: What will be the likely outcome if Jenett doesn't go?
Saille (the willow tree), reversed.
Saille is often about timings. The reversal suggests to me that not going to the interview will be a mistiming of something. And since saille is also about the good luck that follows auspicious timing, this might be a 'seize the day' message.
My sense is that you need to go with the flow here. If it feels like the right time for this opportunity, don't miss it. On the other hand, if it feels forced or like the time is not right, you'll know.

Q: Should Jenett go to the interview?
Fearn (the alder tree), reversed.
I'm a lot less sure how to interpret this one. Fearn is about protection, from magical protection, to physical shelter, to the protection of warriors (such as police or the military). I think this suggests that you are not necessarily protected, if you do go. This may mean that you're not entirely prepared for the eventual outcome, whether that's the change associated with the job, or needing a place to live if you get it, or an emotional lack of protection like wanting the job more than you think you do.
It may simply be advice about being careful with your health or resources if you do choose to go, though.
Answer: Yes, but take care. There's something about this is that is worth doing, but also risky in some way. Keep up your magical protection, keep your eye on your health, and make sure you have the basics covered.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 06:26:45 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;159689
I'm terrible at yes/no questions, so I asked some slightly more specific ones.

Thank you! I like the way you ended up framing the questions a lot, and I think that's very helpful. (And again, I'll give a few more specifics after everyone else can take a crack at it before I actually decide.)

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 12:37:39 am »

Let me preface that this is my first time ever doing this for someone else.
I did a Yes/No spread.

No - definite and conclusive
Why not Yes - 2 of Chalices reversed
What would need to happen for the answer to change or a stipulation on the answer - 7 Wands

I think that this reading is saying no because of the need to take care of yourself.  That doesn't necessarily mean that the job wouldn't be offered to you or that it wouldn't be a good job for you, just that it would be stressful for you to do the interview.

When I saw the 7 Wands I wondered if it might be possible to request a different date for the interview?

Best of luck.  Keep us posted.
Ginko

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 05:42:31 pm »
Right. I made the decision not to go, for several reasons - cost (it would have been $350-$500 to make the trip), timing, and some concerns about whether the position would be a good fit. If the timing had worked, I'd have maybe taken that risk, but since it didn't...

For background, I'm a librarian, looking for a different job in the field (though this job is in a different kind of librarianship - a public library - than my current one in an academic library. That kind of swapping types of library is not uncommon.) I am looking to get out of my current area (a small and rural New England town I moved to 3 years ago for my current job) and to somewhere where I am either nearer friends or in a better position to build a local support network, so I've been mostly applying to places where I have friends in the area.

(On the downside, this means that the travel for job interviews is substantial: the trip I just got back from was two 15 hour travel days, with a 12 hour interview day between them: you can see why the idea of getting on a plane again for a gruelling trip - fly down early morning, fly back late evening, hour and a half drive to the airport on each end, plus getting to the interview site and back - next Monday was not exactly high on my list of amusements.)

Quote from: Lune;159666

There is a positive opportunity for you here. You might be doing some freelance work or working in sales, import-export. It's probably a job related to administrative work, or something concerning research and study. Accountant or bookkeeper comes to mind. Maybe you're worried about this being a waste of time or a depletion of your resources.

So, answered most of this above, but library job, patron-facing, which is both interesting to me but sometimes physically demanding.

Try to figure out if this is a stable position, it's possible there is explotation and corruption in this company and it's being hidden from you. Altough I'm not convinced this isn't something you can't overcome by adapting to the circumstances. There is a lot you can gain from going through with this and you should trust your intuition.  

The position was at a large (urban) public library: such places have politics like any organization, and while I've heard good things about working there, I've also seen some comments about some pieces being hard for people. (And it would be very hard to tell from just the interview how much that would affect this specific position.) It's likely a stable position, but like any public library job, that can be tricky to sort out.

Option 2. Not going to the job interview

If you don't go the message is pretty simple to me. You'll be getting into arguments and disputes with your family and or friends. Maybe they expected you to go and this could be the source of the argument. The argument could also be with your husband since he's also part of your family. Either way not going will almost definately result in some sort of dispute within your close social circle.

This part seems much less likely to me - or rather, I've already talked to one of the friend in the area, she agrees that the trade off for time and physical demand is not great for me, and entirely understands. (She would love to have me local: I'll keep an eye out for other jobs in the area, as there are several universities too.)

(and, well, haven't told my direct family about it, since mostly I don't talk to my siblings often, and my mother only about some of the job hunting. No husband (been divorced for, yikes, 9 years now?) and I'm pretty sure the cat only cares about there being a suitable place for her to take over my lap.

Thanks for the reading, and I hope the feedback and additional data helps you refine your own notes.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 05:52:05 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;159689

I was drawing ogham feda on the following questions. After a slight cul-de-sac with the deck that likes to laugh me (which basically said you had a job interview and wouldn't say much else), I tried my staves, and this was the result.

Divination systems, so not-helpful sometimes.

Q: What will be the likely outcome if Jenett goes to the interview?
Ur (the earth or soil), upright.
This suggests a lot about finality and endings. You could be nearing the right time for a letting-go of some kind, possibly about something that you've been looking to move on from. Whether this is simply a moving-on from your job, or from something larger (like moving home), I don't know - but my sense is that it could be something quite major.
There could also be some effects on your physical health, given that ur is often about the body - but this will probably be short-lived.
My interpretation here is that it is likely to lead to positive opportunities for moving in new directions if you do go to the interview.

That pretty much matches with my read on it - as noted in my previous post, I am actively looking for a change in job and home location, so there's a lot of endings there. I was also fairly sure the health things weren't completely dire (i.e. not long-term) but on the other hand, my current work is So Very Busy right now (because it's still the beginning of the school year, and we had a lot of changes over the summer) and even a day or three of not feeling my best can get me way behind.

Q: What will be the likely outcome if Jenett doesn't go?
Saille (the willow tree), reversed.
Saille is often about timings. The reversal suggests to me that not going to the interview will be a mistiming of something. And since saille is also about the good luck that follows auspicious timing, this might be a 'seize the day' message.
My sense is that you need to go with the flow here. If it feels like the right time for this opportunity, don't miss it. On the other hand, if it feels forced or like the time is not right, you'll know.

Obviously, I went with 'this feels forced' (as I said in the initial post: I'm getting enough interviews that even if the one I just got back from doesn't go anywhere, I'm quite confident something will come out right.

Q: Should Jenett go to the interview?
Fearn (the alder tree), reversed.
(bits snipped)
Answer: Yes, but take care. There's something about this is that is worth doing, but also risky in some way. Keep up your magical protection, keep your eye on your health, and make sure you have the basics covered.

That was my other concern - because of the timing, it would have been tricky to work this out at my current job, and I had some concerns that it might be the thing that tipped off my current job that I'm seriously hunting.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »
Quote from: Ginko;159741
Let me preface that this is my first time ever doing this for someone else.

Thank you for that!

I did a Yes/No spread.

No - definite and conclusive
Why not Yes - 2 of Chalices reversed
What would need to happen for the answer to change or a stipulation on the answer - 7 Wands

I think that this reading is saying no because of the need to take care of yourself.  That doesn't necessarily mean that the job wouldn't be offered to you or that it wouldn't be a good job for you, just that it would be stressful for you to do the interview.

Yeah, that's the way I'd read that too (I'm familiar with Tarot and not with ogham or Lenormand in detail.) I do find it interesting that people seem to be agreed on it being generally a good opportunity, which is intriguing.

When I saw the 7 Wands I wondered if it might be possible to request a different date for the interview?

I suspect it's not in this case, because of the way that library does interview scheduling (but I did say that if for any reason they could offer a different scheduling, I'd be glad to consider it: there were two positions I was invited to interview for, and one of them would have been tomorrow (they sent the email with the invite on the Friday just past, which is really no notice for a Tuesday interview even without the travel. It's not like people working in libraries have obligations to staff desk shifts or anything, apparently.)

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;159827
Thank you for that!

Yeah, that's the way I'd read that too (I'm familiar with Tarot and not with ogham or Lenormand in detail.) I do find it interesting that people seem to be agreed on it being generally a good opportunity, which is intriguing.

I suspect it's not in this case, because of the way that library does interview scheduling (but I did say that if for any reason they could offer a different scheduling, I'd be glad to consider it: there were two positions I was invited to interview for, and one of them would have been tomorrow (they sent the email with the invite on the Friday just past, which is really no notice for a Tuesday interview even without the travel. It's not like people working in libraries have obligations to staff desk shifts or anything, apparently.)

Thank you for the feedback Jenett.  I wish you the best of luck!
Ginko

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 02:05:22 am »
Quote from: Jenett;159825
That pretty much matches with my read on it - as noted in my previous post, I am actively looking for a change in job and home location, so there's a lot of endings there. I was also fairly sure the health things weren't completely dire (i.e. not long-term) but on the other hand, my current work is So Very Busy right now (because it's still the beginning of the school year, and we had a lot of changes over the summer) and even a day or three of not feeling my best can get me way behind.

Obviously, I went with 'this feels forced' (as I said in the initial post: I'm getting enough interviews that even if the one I just got back from doesn't go anywhere, I'm quite confident something will come out right.

That was my other concern - because of the timing, it would have been tricky to work this out at my current job, and I had some concerns that it might be the thing that tipped off my current job that I'm seriously hunting.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you found all the readings helpful. Best of luck with the job hunt. I can give a little offering to Lugh on your behalf, if you're interested - he always seems to be up for helping my friends find jobs.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 09:55:49 am »
Quote from: Naomi J;159865
Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you found all the readings helpful. Best of luck with the job hunt. I can give a little offering to Lugh on your behalf, if you're interested - he always seems to be up for helping my friends find jobs.

Please! The current job-I-really-want is the one I just came back from interviewing for: it's got a great combination of interesting work, great people, a good place to work (and really nice salary/benefits for my field) and the things that might be downsides for other people are mostly bonuses for me.

Lune

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 01:20:34 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;159824
Thanks for the reading, and I hope the feedback and additional data helps you refine your own notes.

Thanks so much for the thorough feedback, it is really heplful ^.^
It was a pleasure to read for you and good luck on future job interviews (which I'm sure there will be)

Blessed be.

Lune

Tags: