collapse

Author Topic: What if you cant ground yourself.  (Read 58303 times)

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: What if you cant ground yourself.
« Reply #975 on: October 22, 2014, 07:05:53 am »
Quote from: Scales;163115
Cognitive behavioural therapy has nothing to do with medication. In fact, the kind of therapists who do it generally are not licensed to provide anyone with medication (you need to be a doctor for that).

No one is forcing you to go, but please do realize that there is more than one kind of therapist and therapy.

Although getting more energy is, in a way, a way of bettering yourself, it is skipping over the real issue. It is rather akin to having depression, but going to a gym rather than talking to a doctor or therapist to find a cause or cure to the illness.*

*Going to the gym is often a great idea for depressed people, but not as sole treatment for the illness.

What I'm trying to say is, research ways to help with your thought patterns, including therapy (remember, not all therapists are alike, as humans or in what kind of therapy they give). You can also work on gaining energy, but that won't solve your thought problems, even if it makes you feel a bit better.

A Reminder:
As a note to all:

while we totally understand the concern, we're going to ask everyone to drop the line of discussion of whether Thrak needs therapy and of what kind. There are a few reasons for this:

1) the point has been made. Multiple times. Continuing to repeat it has no value - I'm sure Thrak is aware of the recommendation by now.

2) Thrak has been quite clear on that he is getting some kind of therapy, has a long history of therapy, and in fact hasn't found it to be very useful to him. Continuing to point at the need for therapy not only is useless, but is disrespectful of the fact he has clearly considered the option and made his own choices.

3) recommendations are getting increasingly specific, bordering on giving medical advice. Even for those of us who are mental health professionals, a conversation on a message board is no basis for medical advice, especially considering that there is clearly more going on in Thrak's situation than we're aware of.

This is not a formal warning to anyone, as no rules have been broken, and we're all aware that the intent has been helpful. However, continuing to recommend therapy beyond this point will be cause for mod action.

--Chabas
TC Staff

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #976 on: October 22, 2014, 11:52:59 am »
Quote from: Thrak;163209
I allready exorcise at work, so that wont be needded anyways.

Well i dont always see that, its part of my handicap, i cant help that.

Which is cool, people are just trying to give suggestions and make comparisons in the hopes you'll find something useful.

No, I suppose you can't, but considering the history of the thread it can get pretty frustrating for everyone involved. (Including you, I imagine.) Hopefully we'll all have better luck in future threads.

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: Male
« Reply #977 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:31 am »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;163251
Which is cool, people are just trying to give suggestions and make comparisons in the hopes you'll find something useful.

No, I suppose you can't, but considering the history of the thread it can get pretty frustrating for everyone involved. (Including you, I imagine.) Hopefully we'll all have better luck in future threads.

Oh sorry i though you where angry at me.
Afraid to make mistakes cuz i gor beat up for them in the past. :/

I hope so to! :)

And blessings.

Roweenah

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 05, 2015, 02:04:54 pm »
Quote from: Thrak;159514
Well the title pretty much sayus it all:
What if you cant ground yourself?
Every time i try i feel like i am floating in the air.

I'm a kinetic/visual person, so I imagine that I'm turning into a tree and connecting with the world tree at the base of the universe. I try to conjure the feeling cold, enriching dirt as I descend. It's the only thing that has, so far, worked for me.

Perhaps you can try experimenting with your learning style? If you're auditory, try to hear sounds and imagine that you're a tone descending. Or if you're visual, imagine lights or cords. Or if you're more focused on hands-on, focus on what the ground would feel like underneath you.

Don't focus on how you feel like you can't connect - the amount of energy you're putting into that will only increase the feeling that you can't ground.

Caleb Oak

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: Male
« Reply #979 on: May 28, 2015, 01:04:25 pm »
Quote from: Roweenah;168799
I'm a kinetic/visual person, so I imagine that I'm turning into a tree and connecting with the world tree at the base of the universe. I try to conjure the feeling cold, enriching dirt as I descend. It's the only thing that has, so far, worked for me.

Perhaps you can try experimenting with your learning style? If you're auditory, try to hear sounds and imagine that you're a tone descending. Or if you're visual, imagine lights or cords. Or if you're more focused on hands-on, focus on what the ground would feel like underneath you.

Don't focus on how you feel like you can't connect - the amount of energy you're putting into that will only increase the feeling that you can't ground.

Wont that lead my spirit/soul into oblivion?
I dont want to be swallowed up by the earth so to speak.
Hope you peeps get what i mean.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:11:25 pm by Thrak »

Tags: