collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: hey everyone!  (Read 740 times)

Cam

hey everyone!
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:25:07 am »
Ok, I really don't know where to start. I haven't had a mind of my own in what seems like a life time but really has only been three years. I'm twenty-one, married, and have two small children. I guess I just need guidance. I would like to learn all of what it means to be a wiccan pagan but my resources are very limited. My marriage I can safely say has failed and my life is spiraling out of control. I need the peace of mind and soul and I've always felt very connected with the earth. I'm not going to bore you with the monotony of my life as a house wife and mother. I just need some help and guidance. I thought this might be a good place to start. Thank all of you.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: hey everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »
Quote from: Cam;159237
Ok, I really don't know where to start. I haven't had a mind of my own in what seems like a life time but really has only been three years. I'm twenty-one, married, and have two small children. I guess I just need guidance. I would like to learn all of what it means to be a wiccan pagan but my resources are very limited. My marriage I can safely say has failed and my life is spiraling out of control. I need the peace of mind and soul and I've always felt very connected with the earth. I'm not going to bore you with the monotony of my life as a house wife and mother. I just need some help and guidance. I thought this might be a good place to start. Thank all of you.

Hi, Cam -

I'm travelling at the moment, but I have a website that covers a lot of basic material at http://gleewood.org/seeking (and I hope someone will be along with the long list of other resources that are good for beginners: you can browse some of the other intro threads and the stuff in the Beginners folder for a lot more too that might answer some of your questions.

(Glad to help more once I'm back home if you have specific questions, too but my life is about to be a day long job interview.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 07:06:01 pm »

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:41 pm »

Hi and welcome, Cam. I'm very sorry to hear about your marriage. I also second Jenett's suggestion that you check out her Seeking site. It's a good starting place for figuring out what all these terms and practices mean and where you want to go from here. There are a lot of Wiccan resources out there and it can be difficult to get your footing sometimes as you're just starting out. :)
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Tags: